Status
Not open for further replies.
it is 39045
Sorry to say, if that is the right vin, it has not been built yet. It won't be until late next week if things go as predicted.

1690653424635.png

Reactions: DenisC8
How do you find when it comes off the line? Mine has sticker available but not yet posted on C8 tracker so likely soon to be made I assume.
I missed your question, your car came off the line at the mid point of the second shift that day around 7 pm local time, 8 pm our time.
My buddies Z06 showed up in Ottawa on Friday and it was built the day after yours. It came direct on Jack Cooper with no delays in Ingersoll.
Where is your car now?

I missed your question, your car came off the line at the mid point of the second shift that day around 7 pm local time, 8 pm our time.
My buddies Z06 showed up in Ottawa on Friday and it was built the day after yours. It came direct on Jack Cooper with no delays in Ingersoll.
Where is your car now?
Arrived at dealer last Thursday; picking up this coming Tuesday unless issues during PDI.

Arrived at dealer last Thursday; picking up this coming Tuesday unless issues during PDI.
So your car may have been on the same truck as my friends Z06 as it was delivered Friday morning in Ottawa after your car was dropped in Kingston.

I was told by the largest corvette dealer in Quebec the wait time is 5 years. Am I completely lost here or is that what it is now??

I am curious, how you got your VIN if your car was over a week away from being built? Are you dealing with Dueck in Vancouver?
Correct me if I'm wrong, but I believe 3400 can come as far away as 10 days.

Correct me if I'm wrong, but I believe 3400 can come as far away as 10 days.
Yes, but I have been told Canadian dealers can't see the VIN # on the computer until after the car is produced at 3800.
They don't have the same access that the US dealers have.

Yes, but I have been told Canadian dealers can't see the VIN # on the computer until after the car is produced at 3800.
They don't have the same access that the US dealers have.
That's BS. Some just don't know how to do it.
Edit: Of course the museum is always willing to help as well.

That's BS. Some just don't know how to do it.
Edit: Of course the museum is always willing to help as well.
My sales guy gave me VIN at 3400 with TPW.
My TPW was then pushed 4 weeks out so ended having my VIN 5 weeks before car came off the line.

Might come down to how hard dealer digs for information for customer.

My sales guy gave me VIN at 3400 with TPW.
My TPW was then pushed 4 weeks out so ended having my VIN 5 weeks before car came off the line.

Might come down to how hard dealer digs for information for customer.
The info is in a different spot than where it is at 3800. First off the dealers G.M. has to have given the salesperson access to everything in workbench. Some only give partial access so the salesperson can't do it, but the G.M. can. At some dealerships the G.M. does most of this sort of work, while at others they delegate it to the Salesperson. I've never seen Workbench myself, but there is instructions on how to do it and I've told several dealers how to do it.

The info is in a different spot than where it is at 3800. First off the dealers G.M. has to have given the salesperson access to everything in workbench. Some only give partial access so the salesperson can't do it, but the G.M. can. At some dealerships the G.M. does most of this sort of work, while at others they delegate it to the Salesperson. I've never seen Workbench myself, but there is instructions on how to do it and I've told several dealers how to do it.
It would be great if I had a GM's workbench access. TPW is at 3300. Is Vin only at 3400 when it is loaded on the assembly plant computers or can you also see it at 3300?

Just got word from Spencer’s that my 2023 C8 was built last week.
Yes, 4 pm Wednesday like I said. They should have been able to see your car went 3800 order produced on their computers on Thursday.

Reactions: canadiansteelman
Status
Not open for further replies.