Status
Not open for further replies.
Thats right EricC8. I cannot prove anything but I think that they must take kick backs or people that are willing to pay over MSRP to skip the list. I told them up front that I was only willing to pay MSRP. Something funny happens there. They once told me that they were given a special allocation by GM that they would lease it to me until my allocation came up. Maybe they tell everyone on the list that and some of the people take them up on the offer and that's what they did with their allocations.
I keep watching their web site and they now have 6 used C8 s. Most were 30 over MSRP. They have been their for about 6 weeks and the price keeps dropping every week. Used ones are not selling like they used to at way over MSRP except the Z06 model. Some have dropped 10,000 and still not selling.

EricC8 It depends on your dealer. I was on Go North Surrey Chevrolet GMC for 2 years and was 7th in line. I went in ever 6 months and they kept telling me that they got no allocations. After 2 years I was still number 7. With C8 tracker I now know they got 11 cars. I went in and showed them the Vin numbers of the cars they got. The manager rushed over to the finance person and said give him his deposit back. At one point they tried to get me to lease one till my number came up. I said no thanks I would wait. I used the C8 tracker to phone around. Got 2 offers in 2 weeks at MSRP. Have to travel to pick it up. It will be a great 1100 Km drive. Has a build week of July 10. Hopefully it is in production now. Just keep tabs with C8 tracker make sure you go down the list with each car they get.
Your dealer should have your VIN # now if your car was built last week. You should call them and ask so we can track it for you.

Mr.Corvette Here is the vin number from my dealer. 1G1YB3D44P5137251 Told me it is built and ready to ship.
Ok, your car was the 50th one off the line on Monday as they built 127 Stingrays that day along with 14, 70th anniversary Stingrays and 52 Z06's.
Your car should clear quality control today at some point and your dealer with get an update on their computer overnight.
Your in BC which is going to add a month to your delivery time unfortunately.

Reactions: DenisC8
Ok, your car was the 50th one off the line on Monday as they built 127 Stingrays that day along with 14, 70th anniversary Stingrays and 52 Z06's.
Your car should clear quality control today at some point and your dealer with get an update on their computer overnight.
Your in BC which is going to add a month to your delivery time unfortunately.
How do you find when it comes off the line? Mine has sticker available but not yet posted on C8 tracker so likely soon to be made I assume.

37296 so if sequential about 45 units after Vbill
KTJF, that means your car was also built Monday 32 cars from the end of the second shift that ended with VIN# 37328 that day.
Your car should be through quality control by later today or tomorrow if everything is good.
Has your dealer told you if cars are still being shipped directly there on Jack Cooper or are they stopping in Ingersoll?

KTJF, that means your car was also built Monday 32 cars from the end of the second shift that ended with VIN# 37328 that day.
Your car should be through quality control by later today or tomorrow if everything is good.
Has your dealer told you if cars are still being shipped directly there on Jack Cooper or are they stopping in Ingersoll?
Appreciate the info on build date!

I will ask my salesman on the shipping. Being a small dealer (Vette wise) , unless the truck makes a milk run to drop a bunch off east of GTA it will probably transfer at Ingersoll.

Best case would be a truck going to Spencer (high volume ) and then going east another 2 hours to drop it off.

I will ask my salesman on the shipping. Being a small dealer (Vette wise) , unless the truck makes a milk run to drop a bunch off east of GTA it will probably transfer at Ingersoll.

Best case would be a truck going to Spencer (high volume ) and then going east another 2 hours to drop it off.
I am thinking your car with come to my area and be dropped at Ingersoll. It will be transferred to a truck heading east like you said to eastern Ontario or the Maritimes.

• Agree
Reactions: Murray20c8

hopefully your car doesn't sit in Ingersoll too long once it arrives? Mine sat for 3 weeks, and it only had to get to St Catherine's, but they are short Truck Drivers which is the reason it sat so long. I actually called Ingersoll directly and spoke to them, and the guy was really nice and tried to make sure my car was on the 'dock' asap and shipped out...

hopefully your car doesn't sit in Ingersoll too long once it arrives? Mine sat for 3 weeks, and it only had to get to St Catherine's, but they are short Truck Drivers which is the reason it sat so long. I actually called Ingersoll directly and spoke to them, and the guy was really nice and tried to make sure my car was on the 'dock' asap and shipped out...
Guy's here's a little tid bit that most don't know, but your dealer can send paperwork to Ingersoll and pick up the car themselves. Jack Cooper used to take the cars to most places in Ontario like St Catherine's and Cobourg directly but now drop in Ingersoll. Some trucks however still go directly to the dealer in SW Ontario and the GTA.
That can also be done at the rail yard in Concord for other GM products sitting there.

• Informative
I knew that! :bigyawn: You've said it before! ;)
I did? Crap, well consider it a reminder then!! You want your car in Ingersoll? Get your dealer to submit paperwork and have them pick it up. Much faster than sitting there for weeks especially if your in GTA or within 2 hours.

Reactions: KTJF and Murray20c8
Guy's here's a little tid bit that most don't know, but your dealer can send paperwork to Ingersoll and pick up the car themselves. Jack Cooper used to take the cars to most places in Ontario like St Catherine's and Cobourg directly but now drop in Ingersoll. Some trucks however still go directly to the dealer in SW Ontario and the GTA.
That can also be done at the rail yard in Concord for other GM products sitting there.
good luck with that. While waiting for my car, the same Dealer was waiting for 12 cars to arrive, most of them were C8's, so I doubt the Dealer will pick them up themselves without passing on the cost to the customer.....This is not the Dealers fault, but 100% GM's responsibility to make sure their product reaches the end user (the paying customer), but GM passes off the blame to the shipping company....

good luck with that. While waiting for my car, the same Dealer was waiting for 12 cars to arrive, most of them were C8's, so I doubt the Dealer will pick them up themselves without passing on the cost to the customer.....This is not the Dealers fault, but 100% GM's responsibility to make sure their product reaches the end user (the paying customer), but GM passes off the blame to the shipping company....
Been there while dealers have come to pick up cars. What people don't realize is that some vehicles have been sitting for 3-7 months and not moving due to transportation issues. Customers are getting fed up of waiting for cars to be shipped. Dealers are scrambling to get these cars moving any way they can.
Brian Cullen's last month has 8 Stingray's sitting in Ingersoll. Would you want your car picked up if it was going to sit at the transfer station for an additional month and a half?

• Agree
Been there while dealers have come to pick up cars. What people don't realize is that some vehicles have been sitting for 3-7 months and not moving due to transportation issues. Customers are getting fed up of waiting for cars to be shipped. Dealers are scrambling to get these cars moving any way they can.
Brian Cullen's last month has 8 Stingray's sitting in Ingersoll. Would you want your car picked up if it was going to sit at the transfer station for an additional month and a half?
Most of these dealers have car trailers. No biggie to pick up one or 2. They are invoiced and likely are net 30(?) without getting paid from the customer. The longer they sit the more money is tied up for the dealer. It makes fiscal sense to pick them up.

Scaze66 Once the car is built my dealer in Alberta told me that the cars are coming pretty quick lately. Could be as little as 3 weeks or as long as 2 months. He expects that he might get mine in possibly 3 weeks If things go smoothly and gets shipped out right away. Once GM accepts the order it took exactly 2 months for my car to be built. Hopefully I will see mine mid August.

Reactions: scraze66 and AtomZ
Status
Not open for further replies.