Status
Not open for further replies.
@Mr. Corvette, and idea why cars are going to Pontiac?
Jack, I just spoke to one of my contacts at the plant to answer your question and he said the strike has caused lots of problems and have changed things that was has been the norm. They only have 1900 parking spots at the plant and the list of cars waiting for parts is getting longer each day as they continue to build as many as possible. I believe they are running out of room and need space and that is why the cars are being moved to another secured GM facility.

I'm using the my chevrolet site and don't see a map at the bottom of the page
On the my Chevrolet site on your computer instead of the app on your phone if that's what your using, click on your name in the upper right corner to bring up the list of cars. Is your car there? I am noticing there is no map feature on the computer. I think you have to use the app on your phone to see the map.

I contacted Shane at the Corvette Museum. This is what he said: Order remains at 3800 status. They likely found something during assembly that needed to be repaired and or waiting on a part before sending the car to QC. That's usually the case when a car remains at 3800 status this long after being built.

I contacted Shane at the Corvette Museum. This is what he said: Order remains at 3800 status. They likely found something during assembly that needed to be repaired and or waiting on a part before sending the car to QC. That's usually the case when a car remains at 3800 status this long after being built.
On star just confirmed the map feature is only available on the app not your computer. Your car is waiting on a part if it was a QC issue it would have been dealt with in a week.

Jack, I just spoke to one of my contacts at the plant to answer your question and he said the strike has caused lots of problems and have changed things that was has been the norm. They only have 1900 parking spots at the plant and the list of cars waiting for parts is getting longer each day as they continue to build as many as possible. I believe they are running out of room and need space and that is why the cars are being moved to another secured GM facility.

Sounds like a giant mess... new orders being shipped out while the older list of cars waiting at 3800 is growing (and there's 2023s in that lot as well).

Sounds like a giant mess... new orders being shipped out while the older list of cars waiting at 3800 is growing (and there's 2023s in that lot as well).
They extended the 2023 build cycle many times to try and break the 1979 record knowing they didn't have parts for many of the Z06's they were building. Now with many of the parts facilities having been targeted by the strike, I am finding it surprising that the plant is still able to produce cars at all after weeks of this.
The plant hasn't experiences something like this since they opened in 1981. I guess they felt they should do as best they could by keeping the plant open and building as many customer cars as possible while they wait for select parts instead of shutting down. They may decide in the near future to ship cars just waiting on spoilers and ground effect packages to the dealers with an IOU along the lines of what they did for computer chips that ran back up sensors etc a couple of years ago.

I have reached out to the plant, but I think they are running out of spots to keep the cars waiting on parts and Pontiac offers a large parking lot for additional cars.
I heard there is an issue with new system(s) the 2024's. The cars sent to Michigan are to work out the repair procedure. There are about 900 cars sitting at BG. It can old far more than that I believe

I heard there is an issue with new system(s) the 2024's. The cars sent to Michigan are to work out the repair procedure. There are about 900 cars sitting at BG. It can old far more than that I believe
Yes 1900 cars. Is it the new Google infotainment system that has the issue, as many 2024's have been delivered already.

Reactions: Murray20c8
Dealer just called me and the 2024 C8 should arrive Nov 7th at Wolfe Edmonton. Car had a TPW of Oct 9th got my window sticker Oct 17th. So I'm guessing all these cars moving around are parts issues since you think if it was infotainment system mine would be part of that.

Reactions: DenisC8
From "John" on Midengine. He has some deep throats at his disposal. ;)

"
As posted. Unfortunately I have heard the work “repair”. Also heard “all hands on deck” in MI working to fix this and that it is “not going to be soon.”

I stressed to the GM person I talked to at length yesterday the need for them to find a way(s) to compensate those that have been already invoiced, even suggesting several specific compensatory ways.

Of course I also strongly mentioned the need for GM to come out with a full and formal statement soonest."

Dealer just called me and the 2024 C8 should arrive Nov 7th at Wolfe Edmonton. Car had a TPW of Oct 9th got my window sticker Oct 17th. So I'm guessing all these cars moving around are parts issues since you think if it was infotainment system mine would be part of that.
Larthen, I just looked at your window sticker and wanted to say nice job on your car build! You got it all and remembered yellow stitching, stealth interior and black exhaust tips, mirrors and spoiler. Not sure if you considered the transparent roof because you part outside a lot? Really nice job!

Reactions: Larthen
Larthen, I just looked at your window sticker and wanted to say nice job on your car build! You got it all and remembered yellow stitching, stealth interior and black exhaust tips, mirrors and spoiler. Not sure if you considered the transparent roof because you part outside a lot? Really nice job!
Thanks Mr.Corvette. There is other stuff being added high wing, ground effects, grill guards, MRR F10 wheels satin black and yellow seatbelts. Bought these after the fact to keep me under tier 2 BC luxury tax bracket.

From "John" on Midengine. He has some deep throats at his disposal. ;)

"
As posted. Unfortunately I have heard the work “repair”. Also heard “all hands on deck” in MI working to fix this and that it is “not going to be soon.”

I stressed to the GM person I talked to at length yesterday the need for them to find a way(s) to compensate those that have been already invoiced, even suggesting several specific compensatory ways.

Of course I also strongly mentioned the need for GM to come out with a full and formal statement soonest."

Lol compensation... they haven't even been able to do the bare minimum and communicate what's going on, they are absolutely not going to give anything up... the most amount of compensation I'm expecting is a $2 coupon for Tim Hortons that expired back in June

Lol compensation... they haven't even been able to do the bare minimum and communicate what's going on, they are absolutely not going to give anything up... the most amount of compensation I'm expecting is a $2 coupon for Tim Hortons that expired back in June
They usually communicate through people like John or CorvetteBlogger. As to compensation. The museum deliveries is what he's talking about here. They must pay in advance for museum deliveries and now their cars are licensed and titled and are in the possession of GM. There are legalities involved here.

Anyone who had their car built in the last two weeks have any info on their status? Mine was built on Tuesday the 24th but still waiting on window sticker, thought I would’ve showed up by now.

Status
Not open for further replies.