Status
Not open for further replies.
5 weeks and this useless company can't even tell me where my car is or what's going on...

The most "customer service" I've got it, "congrats your car is produced, please get in touch with your dealership about shipping logistics" it's like dude, the dealership literally has no information other than what you give them. Why would they know if you haven't told them anything. You guys haven't even moved it to be ready for shipping, that's literally why I'm calling to ask you.

Last edited:
  • Angry
Reactions: ScottyR
5 weeks and this useless company can't even tell me where my car is or what's going on...

The most "customer service" I've got it, "congrats your car is produced, please get in touch with your dealership about shipping logistics" it's like dude, the dealership literally has no information other than what you give them. Why would they know if you haven't told them anything. You guys haven't even moved it to be ready for shipping, that's literally why I'm calling to ask you.

I assume you remain at event code 3800 (?). You should confirm that with the dealer. If so, the car has been made but it could go to the dreaded code 4B00 (ORDER BAYED; VEHICLE IS WAITING ON TRANSPORTATION OR PULLED FOR QUALITY CONTROL) where you're in "shipping limbo" or (worse yet) the car is stuck in QC waiting for some corrective work. Your main point of contact is the dealership. If they can't tell from their computer screen what's happening with your order, they should make some enquiries to find out. If you bug GM, they'll typically refer you to your dealer. If your salesperson isn't helpful, consider asking the sales manager.

Having said that, while I realize the wait can be ++ tough (I've lived through it before), there's usually nothing you can do to speed up the process. I usually suggest that people waiting for their C8's, use this time more productively to get better organized for its eventual arrival:

1. get insurance rates (and switch insurers if the rates justify that)
2. research and consider what accessories you want and shop around to get the best price (there's a large after-market crowd, plus GM OEM wholesalers). These Forums are one source of helpful information about accessories
3. figure out if you can install them or if you need any help doing so (buy tools in advance if you're a DIY kind of person)
4. purchase those accessories so they're in hand, when the car arrives
5. "educate" your salesman, so (for example) he knows you want to keep ALL paperwork that comes with the car (to make sure nothing is discarded during the pdi process) and will hopefully take some photos of the car arrival on the transport and while being unwrapped, assuming you're not there at the time
6. look into the GM subsidized New Corvette Owners, Ron Fellows Performance Driving School in Nevada, to decide if that's for you and once you have a VIN, look to book a date before their calendar fills up
7. read the manual so you're familiar with it and the car

So much to do; so little time...

All of that will maximize your enjoyment of your new car, when it arrives. Good luck!

I assume you remain at event code 3800 (?). You should confirm that with the dealer. If so, the car has been made but it could go to the dreaded code 4B00 (ORDER BAYED; VEHICLE IS WAITING ON TRANSPORTATION OR PULLED FOR QUALITY CONTROL) where you're in "shipping limbo" or (worse yet) the car is stuck in QC waiting for some corrective work. Your main point of contact is the dealership. If they can't tell from their computer screen what's happening with your order, they should make some enquiries to find out. If you bug GM, they'll typically refer you to your dealer. If your salesperson isn't helpful, consider asking the sales manager.

Having said that, while I realize the wait can be ++ tough (I've lived through it before), there's usually nothing you can do to speed up the process. I usually suggest that people waiting for their C8's, use this time more productively to get better organized for its eventual arrival:

1. get insurance rates (and switch insurers if the rates justify that)
2. research and consider what accessories you want and shop around to get the best price (there's a large after-market crowd, plus GM OEM wholesalers). These Forums are one source of helpful information about accessories
3. figure out if you can install them or if you need any help doing so (buy tools in advance if you're a DIY kind of person)
4. purchase those accessories so they're in hand, when the car arrives
5. "educate" your salesman, so (for example) he knows you want to keep ALL paperwork that comes with the car (to make sure nothing is discarded during the pdi process) and will hopefully take some photos of the car arrival on the transport and while being unwrapped, assuming you're not there at the time
6. look into the GM subsidized New Corvette Owners, Ron Fellows Performance Driving School in Nevada, to decide if that's for you and once you have a VIN, look to book a date before their calendar fills up
7. read the manual so you're familiar with it and the car

So much to do; so little time...

All of that will maximize your enjoyment of your new car, when it arrives. Good luck!

100%, I'm sure once it's here I'm going to completely forget about the difficult process leading up to getting it, I guess I just have to keep that in perspective.

With your permission, I will call GM on your behalf and get to the bottom of this...
If you don't mind, but I also don't want it to be a headache for you either

The eagle has landed
IMG_1446.jpeg

Status
Not open for further replies.