Status
Not open for further replies.
Today dealers found out constraints for Oct allocations. Non-z51 cars are on constraint.

If you want to order a z51 car start making phone calls to dealers
Any idea why the constraint on non Z51’s ? I was told the same today by Northgate. You would think it would be the other way around given the part’s difference.

Any idea why the constraint on non Z51’s ? I was told the same today by Northgate. You would think it would be the other way around given the part’s difference.
Likely the diff, but could be any of the aero as well.

This is just so incredibly frustrating, 3 weeks now at 3800, a car that was produced yesterday for my dealer already has a window sticker and has been invoiced, wtf...
Has to be missing parts, nothing you or anyone else can do about it. Even if it shipped 3 weeks ago it would still be delivered around Jan, so now you are looking at Feb delivery so it’s still dead of winter.

What, other than the lower gear ratio, is the advantage if any to the electronic LSD ? Would the more advanced/complex rear diff not present more potential for issues. Asking for an idiot.
I think the Ediff gives you options in the modes. I don't have.

Reactions: 1st Vette
This is just so incredibly frustrating, 3 weeks now at 3800, a car that was produced yesterday for my dealer already has a window sticker and has been invoiced, wtf...
We sympathize! Dam frustrating! Chin up. Once you get it you'll soon forget the pain. Ask your wife! ;)

I think the Ediff gives you options in the modes. I don't have.
Just found this. It will take a chunk of page but here it is for anyone interested.
With regards to the advantages of the eLSD on the street:

From GM authority (regarding the C7 Z51):

"The track-oriented Z51 Performance Package features an intelligent electronic limited-slip differential (eLSD). The module attempts to make the most of the torque split between the rear wheels.

The setup features a hydraulically-actuated clutch that can infinitely vary clutch engagement and respond from open to full engagement in tenths of a second. The eLSD utilizes a unique algorithm to shift torque based on factors such as vehicle speed, steering input, and throttle position — all to improve steering feel, handling balance, and traction.

“The electronic limited-slip differential transforms the Stingray by optimizing handling for the driving situation,” said Mike Bailey, vehicle systems engineer, chassis. “By continuously modulating the torque split between the rear wheels, the eLSD can improve traction accelerating out of corner, improve stability on the highway and enhance steering turn-in and responsiveness.

Far from being an isolated feature, the eLSD is fully integrated with the Stingray’s StabiliTrak and Performance Traction Management systems. Calibrations vary among three modes, based on the Drive Mode Selector setting:
  • Mode 1: the default setting for normal driving that emphasizes vehicle stability
  • Mode 2: engaged when electronic stability control is turned off in the Sport or Track Driver Modes. This calibration enables more nimble turn-in and traction while accelerating out of a corner
  • Mode 3: automatically selected when Performance Traction Management is engaged. This calibration has the same function as Mode 2, but is fine-tuned to work with Performance Traction Management"
From Car & Driver on the C8:

"Corvette Z51s benefit from an electronically controlled limited-slip differential that's at work even when the stability control system is fully disabled. The diff works to stabilize the rear end during cornering, but it's also calibrated to help the Corvette step off smartly from a standstill (i.e. without wheelspin) when accelerating hard while making 90-degree turns—as when pulling into traffic from a gas station driveway or a shopping mall exit lane."

It’s a 2LT Convertible, Torch Red GT2 seats with High Wing in Body Color, MRC and Nose Lift with all the stealth options (so interior, badging, and exhaust tips).

Can’t think of anything that would hold things up
When was the last time you checked with the dealer to see if the status had changed to bayed or ready to ship? So your VIN is between 750 and 1600 from 3 weeks ago? That particular week production was about 50% higher than normal because they didn't start building Z06's until the following week. Your car is being held because it's missing something like the high wing or there's a quality issue with it. I don't know your VIN to narrow it down.

really? I can think of one item: the high wing spoiler

That was the one thing that my dealer put on there without my knowledge because I originally requested a carbon flash high wing (carbon flash wasn't unavailable but the body color has been available), if that's the case, damn just give me the car and let it go without the high wing invoiced lol.

When was the last time you checked with the dealer to see if the status had changed to bayed or ready to ship? So your VIN is between 750 and 1600 from 3 weeks ago? That particular week production was about 50% higher than normal because they didn't start building Z06's until the following week. Your car is being held because it's missing something like the high wing or there's a quality issue with it. I don't know your VIN to narrow it down.
It's 1517

That was the one thing that my dealer put on there without my knowledge because I originally requested a carbon flash high wing (carbon flash wasn't unavailable but the body color has been available), if that's the case, damn just give me the car and let it go without the high wing invoiced lol.

It's 1517
So 3 weeks ago today it was 21st off the line at 9 am CST. Your car should be waiting to get on a train by now if your spoiler has been installed. Your status should have been updated yesterday so check with your dealer and get an updated status as the next step.

So 3 weeks ago today it was 21st off the line at 9 am CST. Your car should be waiting to get on a train by now if your spoiler has been installed. Your status should have been updated yesterday so check with your dealer and get an updated status as the next step.
WOW - you have done a bit of trading on the C8 model. A lot of costs involved re: trade-in value?

Status
Not open for further replies.