Status
Not open for further replies.
They are still on back - order. I ordered one from my dealer.
My dealer for my latest car foresaw the problem and ordered 6 of them this summer. It's now cheaper and faster to get the part later but get the car now!
Amit, is finding that out now as his dealer substituted a wing he didn't want and now it is holding his car up.

WOW - you have done a bit of trading on the C8 model. A lot of costs involved re: trade-in value?
No costs involved up until now. With the price increase and luxury tax upgrading has now become a problem. Up until now the used cars were worth more than buying new but that's changing with the Stingray and may have been part of the reason for the big price increase in Canada.

My dealer for my latest car foresaw the problem and ordered 6 of them this summer. It's now cheaper and faster to get the part later but get the car now!
Amit, is finding that out now as his dealer substituted a wing he didn't want and now it is holding his car up.
I ordered one 3 wk ago and was told not available! My salesman has this wing and it looks great. I am pissed because I can't get a Z06 and now with the federal and provincial luxury tax a loaded Z06 here is $255K - crazy; so, thinking do some mods: AM exhaust wheels etc and maybe a supercharger and center exhaust - Paragon Performance in IA USA - LOL. Just dreaming - got to stop smoking that stuff so early in the morning. :ROFL:

Reactions: 1st Vette
If you wanted the carbon flash high wing your dealer should have deleted it from your order and ordered it through parts, not ordered something you didn't want.

Trust me, I'm not happy about it either... especially the risk it poses to the MSRP shooting the PST into the 20% here in BC. It's very much a "suck it up and take it" or wait for my Spencer deposit to come through.

Trust me, I'm not happy about it either... especially the risk it poses to the MSRP shooting the PST into the 20% here in BC. It's very much a "suck it up and take it" or wait for my Spencer deposit to come through.
I just checked out a 2023 C8 for sale in N. Surrey: HTC 3Lt really optioned with after market wheels selling for MSRP of $129K - no mark up. Minimal Federal Lux tax on it. I have noticed that low mileage used C8 are not selling for crazy money anymore here in BC.

My build was September 22, my salesperson thinks my blue seat belts are holding up my order!
I have stock seat belts. Honestly seems a bit random... do you have a high wing too?

Really wish there was some transparency... non existent customer service, you'd think if it's a dealer installed option they'd be able to at least give you a courtesy call and be like "hey this ain't in, do you want your car now with out?"

my car with blue seat belts was built Oct 10 and shipped Oct 13
Geez, I wonder what ot could be? I ordered few options: 2LT0
I have stock seat belts. Honestly seems a bit random... do you have a high wing too?

Really wish there was some transparency... non existent customer service, you'd think if it's a dealer installed option they'd be able to at least give you a courtesy call and be like "hey this ain't in, do you want your car now with out?"
No high wing. Rapid Blue 2LT Coupe, Tension Blue seat belts, sky cool grey interior, magnetic selective ride control, chrome wheel locks, composite rocker extensions, liner protection package, low profile rear spoiler and front splitter, premium indoor car cover, carbon flash outside mirror and spoiler.

Not sure which of those selections could be holding up my order?

No high wing. Rapid Blue 2LT Coupe, Tension Blue seat belts, sky cool grey interior, magnetic selective ride control, chrome wheel locks, composite rocker extensions, liner protection package, low profile rear spoiler and front splitter, premium indoor car cover, carbon flash outside mirror and spoiler.

Just because he got the blue seat belts doesn't mean they were not on constraint. Constraint means limited supplies. Some might get them while others don't. Only GM knows who and why

List has been updated: Dealer Lists are moving fast, and I know for a fact that guys on this list have been offered allocations and declined to order...

@JohnB22C8 - on the list since Oct 2020 - Wilson Niblett -got allocation Nov 2021 and delivered Feb 2022
@kvette23 - on the list since Dec 2020 - Finch- got allocation Dec 2022 and delivered Feb 2023

@Thom - on the list since May 2021 - Bill Spencer- got allocation Sept 2022 and delivered Nov 2022
@amit916 -on the list since May 2021 - Dueck on Marine (Vancouver)- got allocation July 2023, car is now
built
@canadiansteelman - on the list since May 2021 - Bill Spencer - got allocation May 2023 and delivered in Aug 2023
@Neils - on the list since April 2021 - Finch- got allocation March 2023 and delivered May 2023
@Hanko_ - on the list since April 2021 - Bill Spencer - got allocation March 2023 and delivered May 2023
@butsy - on the list since July 2021 - Brian Cullen - got allocation Feb 2023 and delivered May 2023
@Concour - on the list since July 2021- Pepentigny Chevy (Quebec)- got allocation May 2023 and delivered Aug 2023

@HHL - VETTE - on the list since July 2021 - New Roads Chevy (Newmarket, ON)
@Mr.Corvette - on the list since Aug 2021 - Barry Cullen- got allocation in June 2023 and delivered Aug 2023
@GCrone - on the list since Sept 2021 - Brian Cullen - got allocation in July 2023,
car is now built
@ggurface - on the list since Oct 2021 - Wilson Niblett - got allocation Dec 2022 and delivered April 2023
@DDHRocks - on the list since Oct 2021 -SMP (Saskatoon) - got allocation April 2023 and delivered Sept 2023

@T Mac - on the list since Dec 2021 - Steve Scherer - got allocation April 2023 and delivered May 2023
@SebringC8 - on the list since Dec 2021 - Wilson Niblett - got allocation April 2023 and delivered June 2023
@Wik - on the list since Dec 2021 - Brian Cullen - got allocation July 2023, car is now built

@BrianB - on the list Feb 2022 - Bill Spencer - got allocation Aug 2023, and delivered Oct 2023
@JimM - on list since Feb 2022 - Mertin / Bannister GM (BC)
@1500cc - on the list since March 2022- Brian Cullen - got allocation June 2023, and delivered Sept 2023
@NablaG - on the list since March 2022 - Bill Spencer
@Peewee - on the list since March 2022- Leggat Chevy - got allocation Sept 2023, now 3400
@chrisk - on the list since April 2022 -Murray Chevy (Lethbridge, AB)- got allocation April 2023 and delivered Aug 2023
@Pics999
- on the list since May 2022- Wheaton - got allocation March 2023 and delivered Sept 2023
@scraze66 - on the list since May 2022- Capital Chevy (AB) - got allocation June 2023 and delivered Oct 2023
@DenisC8 - on the list since July 2022 - Brian Cullen- got allocation Aug 2023, car is now built
@Joe95Polo - on the list since July 2022 - Wilson Niblett
@wdepipes - on list since Aug 2022- Capital Chevy (AB)
@Cam_rabbits - on the list since Sept 2022 - Brian Cullen - got allocation Aug 2023, car is now built
@Mw2307 - on the list since Sept 2022 - Brian Cullen
@slegros - on the list since Nov 2022 - Wilson Niblett
@Crinks - on the list since Dec 2022 - Peter Smith Chevy (Belleville, ON) - got allocation Aug 2023

@jwl300 - on the list since Jan 2023 - Brian Cullen
@Drew1isme2 - on the list since Jan 2023 - Wilson Niblett
@VroomVroom - on the list since Feb 2023 - Capital Chevy (AB)
@KTJF - on the list since Feb 2023 - Gananoque Chevy - got allocation May 2023 and delivered July 2023
@mcdavies - on the list since March 2023- Brian Cullen
@MKC8 - on the list since May 2023- Park Lane Chevy (Sarnia)- got allocation Aug 2023
@DW Ruby - on the list since May 2023- Ray Cullen (London) - got allocation Aug 2023

@HDeno - on the list since June 2023- Bill Spencer

This list will stop with users who got on the list in July of 2023. Thank you for participating.

There's a growing list of people on the american forums complaining about being stuck at 3800 and some are being sent to the Pontiac assembly plant (one was told by a dealer, and a few have tracking enabled), for what? No one knows... 500 miles away so it's hard to believe it's just overflow storage... no one really knows but speculation points to a part swap or fix.

There's a growing list of people on the american forums complaining about being stuck at 3800 and some are being sent to the Pontiac assembly plant (one was told by a dealer, and a few have tracking enabled), for what? No one knows... 500 miles away so it's hard to believe it's just overflow storage... no one really knows but speculation points to a part swap or fix.
Yes, I see that some people were able to track their vehicle using OnStar? I was able to add my undelivered car to my OnStar account using the VIN but don't see how I can locate it?

Yes, I see that some people were able to track their vehicle using OnStar? I was able to add my undelivered car to my OnStar account using the VIN but don't see how I can locate it?
Do you see a map button at the bottom of the page on your my Chevrolet page for that car?

@Mr. Corvette, and idea why cars are going to Pontiac?
I have reached out to the plant, but I think they are running out of spots to keep the cars waiting on parts and Pontiac offers a large parking lot for additional cars.

• Informative
Reactions: Jack Raccoon!
Status
Not open for further replies.