Regular
Dec 26, 2012
St. Albert, AB
VetteCoins
Car
2023 HTC
Province
AB
I don't believe there is a stealth mode on the C8. My C8 really barks on a cold start and as much as I'm fine with that, I'm sure not everyone in the neighbourhood would agree. I know "weather" mode is quiet, but not sure on start up.
I could not find a previous post on this.

My C8 always starts up in tour mode and is incredibly loud then tapers off after about a minute. I usually start it in the garage so I doubt it bothers many.

I always drive in Z mode with my specific settings and its still in Z mode when i shut it down.

Im pretty sure if you drive and shut the car down in My mode it will start up My mode .

But I doubt you can get away from that cold start explosion .:cool:

Reactions: rockitman
If you are worried about the neighbours then keep your garage door closed when you start the car and then open it after it quiets down some. I'm told it's almost impossible to commit suicide in a closed garage with modern cars. They are so clean burning you'd likely die of boredom before suffocation! LOL.
When my wife goes out I can barely hear the car start inside the house. So I wouldn't worry about it at all.

Reactions: CTRL_CV
I don't believe there is a stealth mode on the C8. My C8 really barks on a cold start and as much as I'm fine with that, I'm sure not everyone in the neighbourhood would agree. I know "weather" mode is quiet, but not sure on start up.
If you're taking about your stock exhaust, tell your neighbours to suck it or you will throw some high flow cats on it...

Reactions: Movie Muscle
I would say that a large portion of pick up truck and full size V-8 SUVs are pretty close if not the same on start up. V-8s Barclays on colt start. Not much you can do. I haven’t found mine to be that bad in start up and I’m running a Fab Speed, valved system. Everyone just seems to want to get angry about everything these days. However, if it was the neighbours who had the car… then they would be angry if you said something. People have become so intolerant of others.

This was a cold start in a warehouse. I didn’t think this was obnoxious, even with the louder performance system. This was a valved closed start up.

Attachments

• IMG_8499.MOV
    64 MB
This was a cold start in a warehouse. I didn’t think this was obnoxious, even with the louder performance system. This was a valved closed start up.
Not bad at all ; really a lot of trucks are louder than that and once idle sets it’s nothing to write home about.

Some neighborhoods are worst than others for pettiness complaining.

Reactions: Vettenut
I'm in the habit of flipping into My Mode when get close to home...I have the exhaust set at Stealth. When I start up, it stays in My Mode (Stealth) and I change once I'm out of the neighbourhood. Doesn't solve the bark on start up, but I figure why piss off the neighbours if I don't have to :)...

I don't know why people fuss over a loud exhaust that might bother the neighbours for a few seconds. Just listen to your street...lawn care companies using gas powered leaf blowers, neighbours running their "wake the dead" 30 year old mowers, industrial garbage trucks going by...it's not a quiet world.
Enjoy your sports car and don't worry about it.

I don't know why people fuss over a loud exhaust that might bother the neighbours for a few seconds. Just listen to your street...lawn care companies using gas powered leaf blowers, neighbours running their "wake the dead" 30 year old mowers, industrial garbage trucks going by...it's not a quiet world.
Enjoy your sports car and don't worry about it.
It's not just one car though. For some reason bikes with straight pipes seem to like driving down my road. Once a day one could say no big deal, but when you get more than a hundred each day on the weekend going by, it's very annoying. I'm not a "fan" of motorcycles so maybe that adds to it, so people who don't like cars, like we do, may have the same reaction. It's about respecting the rights of others.
My biggest complaint is I'm outside doing chores, I hear a nice rumble and look up hoping to see a Chevelle SS or something and it turns out to be a rusty pickup truck! ;)

Reactions: 12cents
Ya, can't believe how loud it is when cold. I'll be honest, if I have not started it in a few days, I open the garage, put a smile on my face and hit that button. Also if I have someone in the seat beside me, I say, "Listen to this s**t!!"

Reactions: KTJF
Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 100 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.