Featured Thread
Question for you guys.
I’ve been mulling over the idea of bypassing the coolant line going to the throttle body. I’ve heard that it may lower the intake temperature and produce a bit more power, and maybe lower overall engine temp. I know the gains would be low.
I’ll never drive the car in the winter or even on cold days where you would want warmer intake temps. It’s just a thought. I’m curious what you guys think.

It was one of the first mods I had done to my old 1995 Camaro. Whether it made a difference I don't know, but it didn't hurt either.

Reactions: Stanky86
Same here, when I changed the coolant. I did the throttle body bypass, intake air not as warm, and when I just had to take the intake off the car, I didn't have to bother with any coolant lines.

This week has been slow progress. Started cleaning up the interior wiring and got a bit carried away. There was the weirdest things that had been butchered together under the dash.
I bet this car could tell some crazy stories.

Question for you guys.
Have any of you ever removed a DUI blow box from any of the cars you’ve purchased over the years?
You can see in the last picture, this is what was hanging under the dash when I bought the car.
I didn’t know what it was at first , turns out it’s the controller for the blow box.
Any way I got it all trimmed off and everything back soldered shrink tubes and back the way it should be. Then tidied up with zip ties.
I also cleaned up the interior one more time had to change the water in my cleaning bucket a dozen times. Finally the car doesn’t smell any more.
Plans now are to change all the dash lights to led while I got the gauge cluster and info center removed.
Any thoughts on doing this mod? I can’t see a down side. Besides waiting for bulbs from Amazon.
Well that’s about it for now , I’ll try and keep posting when I get the opportunity.
Cheers thanks again for the interest View attachment 36352View attachment 36353View attachment 36354View attachment 36355

Stanky86
Hopefully the rebuild is going well? I did my complete interior last year on my 84. So satisfying to remove all the old dirt and grime and put in new. I bought all the carpets and seats covers from Corvette AmerI a, great quality and easy installation.
As for the dash lights, definitely go with the LED, I did mine and the result is incredible!Good luck and keep posting

Attachments

• 8CE0CB97-7754-4834-A68A-8A6E695FD050.jpeg
    8CE0CB97-7754-4834-A68A-8A6E695FD050.jpeg
    294 KB · Views: 20
  • 07D550D4-6737-44AD-B097-E5C61CA397CC.jpeg
    07D550D4-6737-44AD-B097-E5C61CA397CC.jpeg
    72.2 KB · Views: 19
Stanky86, good luck on the project. I did my ‘84 two years back and never regretted tearing it all out and installing new carpets and fixing/changing all the broken plastic bits etc.
These cars were, are, very unique and worth saving IMO

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 100 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.

Users who are viewing this thread