Which nameplate will the C8 Hybrid debut under?

• Total voters
Feb 15, 2020
Richmond Hill
VetteCoins
Thread Title Style (Sponsors)
Thread Highlight (Sponsors)
Car
2020 Corvette Mid
Province
ON
There are a lot of questions and out there regarding the future C8 Hybrid...

Will it have a front-mounted electric motor similar to the 2020 BMW i8?
Could Gm detune the engine slightly and use the E-Ray's electric motors to give it some serious power?
Would GM consider going full ham on this bad boy and pair it to the Z06's flat-plane crank V8?

Here is the question that I have - Will GM debut the Hybrid under the nameplate "E-Ray" which they trademarked in 2015 and renewed back in August 2020 or could the Hybrid possibly be the evolution of the Grand Sport?

I know there are a lot of experts online reporting that Grand Sport is done... Call me crazy, but as of late, I am tending not to believe everything I read!

Honestly, I have no idea... literally just tossing ideas at a wall here

What say you Canadian Corvette Forms?

Attachments

• 2023-Chevrolet-Corvette-C8-E-Ray-Prototype-Spy-Shots-August-2021-Interior-003.jpg
    2023-Chevrolet-Corvette-C8-E-Ray-Prototype-Spy-Shots-August-2021-Interior-003.jpg
    216.2 KB · Views: 93
  • 2023-Chevrolet-Corvette-C8-E-Ray-Prototype-Spy-Shots-August-2021-Interior-014-Battery-button-o...jpg
    2023-Chevrolet-Corvette-C8-E-Ray-Prototype-Spy-Shots-August-2021-Interior-014-Battery-button-o...jpg
    199.8 KB · Views: 84
There are a lot of questions and out there regarding the future C8 Hybrid...

Will it have a front-mounted electric motor similar to the 2020 BMW i8?
Could Gm detune the engine slightly and use the E-Ray's electric motors to give it some serious power?
Would GM consider going full ham on this bad boy and pair it to the Z06's flat-plane crank V8?

Here is the question that I have - Will GM debut the Hybrid under the nameplate "E-Ray" which they trademarked in 2015 and renewed back in August 2020 or could the Hybrid possibly be the evolution of the Grand Sport?

I know there are a lot of experts online reporting that Grand Sport is done... Call me crazy, but as of late, I am tending not to believe everything I read!

Honestly, I have no idea... literally just tossing ideas at a wall here

What say you Canadian Corvette Forms?
I did believe the C8 Corvette "GrandSport" was being renamed as the "C8 Corvette E-Ray"? But, and this is a BIG BUT, could the E-Ray just be a "Hybrid" C8 Corvette Stingray? We know that GM is moving towards an All EV Line up by a certain date! I am starting to think that "Corvette Stingray" will be forever known as the "Corvette E-Ray" moving forward? I don't know at all and my mind changes every day as I read more and more leaks, news articles, etc, etc..
I am also starting to think when GM/Chevrolet does the Revel of the C8 Z06, we also may have a Revel of the C8 E-Ray?