It's all the ground lead pin connectors that get corroded so fast that is my biggest worry about rain ,water etc. Have been thinking of using the sticky type Teflon tape and wrap each pin connector till they are water proof. And on top of that spray the whole undercarriage with Fluid Film also.Have you done anything to ward off water etc. in your vette? Boss, as a mechanic you would have access to a lot of equipment that would make rustproofing your vette a lot easier than for me
Al...

Dang! Sunny and over 15c today and still climbing! If the vet was ready I'd go for a ride. She's calling me! (Neighbour out yesterday raking his lawn in short sleeves.)

I haven't do anything yet cause the only water on that car was it's bath. I was caught in the rain only one time. This year I will do some work under the car. First I will install a second insulator on the tunnel plate to cut the heat of the 4 cats, second I will spray some sound proof on a few parts where small rocks hit and make noise, third I will also put a little bit of dielectric grease or other specific grease on grounds and connectors seals to prevent water entering them. If I was using the car as a daily driver, I would certainly spray rustproof everywhere there is any kind of metal including structure or mechanical parts (except exhaust parts).
It is very hard to prevent water to enter connectors with tape, when you hit water at 120 km/hr the spray is hits so hard that it can enter almost everywhere but hardly gets out so it may be worst. On my boat trailers the best result was with the grease directly on the metal connectors.
In parts stores, you can buy some specials lubricants sold for this purpose, it's inexpensive and a tube will do many cars as you only need a small amount per connectors.
Fluid film is a good product, just check if it can resist the heat, I know you won't spray on the exhaust but just close to it is already very hot and also check if it doesn't affect rubber parts, it may dammage weather strip or bushings.

Just ask if I can help again. Stephane :seeya:

Thanks a lot Stephane, I have one or two more questions, BUT I have strayed off the subject of this thread, so I would rather stop talking about rustproofing and stick to the weather topic. There is a thread in here somewhere for corrosion etc. When I find it I will let you know.
Right now it is sunny and approaching 15C. Now I am back on the subject intended for here. But thank you for your advice etc.
Al..

Tomorrow I go for my first drive--to the storage shelter where the vette finds its new home while the emergency crews fix the hole in my house from my neighbor.............freaking douchebag driver..........how the hell do y even do that?!

Tomorrow I go for my first drive--to the storage shelter where the vette finds its new home while the emergency crews fix the hole in my house from my neighbor.............freaking douchebag driver..........how the hell do y even do that?!

Yeah bad deal for sure Vince.
Not to judge but there are some things that come to mind that may cause such an incident.:(
The blessing is that nobody was hurt.

Hope the repairs go well for you and you get back to normal quickly.

Colin.

Thanks guys.

I will try posting some pics later. They don't really do it justice though. Here's the list of this that need repair or replacement.

Gardens
Garage door and rollers--could be three months to receive one
Stone work, which may have to be entirely redone if they can't match the stones
Siding
Studs
Load bearing beams
Foundation repair
Drywall
Vapour lock
Insulation
Concrete floor on garage
Garage door rollers
Vette storage
Oil spills on driveway
Soffits
Capping
Fascia
Gutters

There's probably more, but I am getting noxious just thinking about it now. This will severely impact my vette season, and it makes me ANGRY...................what a joke. I'm glad I don't have to pay a dime, but this is a major inconvenience.

This doesn't look bad, until you really think about all the stuff that needs to happen. The demolition people can't even get the garage door off yet, as the spring is under so much pressure. This really sucks.

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 100 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.