Christian, go into your my Chevrolet app and hit the "Everything Looks Good" box. That should take you to the Vehicle Status page which shows your cars current milage. Your situation is different that others as your car has been missing in action for 6 months and you OnStar activated to track it down. I would expect your car has probably been driven a few times ensuring you do not have the transmission noises of concern anymore that was originally identified by QC. You should be able to answer your own question this way and see your current milage.
I can track it but Vehicle status is still unknow its keeps saying "unable to connect" so I'll only know when I see it I guess. At least I can see how unproductive the rail yard is!

I can track it but Vehicle status is still unknow its keeps saying "unable to connect" so I'll only know when I see it I guess. At least I can see how unproductive the rail yard is!
Sounds like the service hasn't been fully activated by the dealer then which you could fix with a call to OnStar and say it's only partially working. This is normally set up during the "welcome call" as your service has been prepaid by the $1200 price increase in Oct 2022 for 3 years of full service.

Is that a guess by your dealer? Has your car actually arrived in Edmonton? As I said earlier if a car is selected for additional testing during the QC process it will have a few more km's on it. These cars have also sat around for two months and I don't know how much shuffling around they did in the lot or how many times your car was moved during the shipping process. Check it when you get to your car the first time or on the my Chevrolet app once the dealer activates it.
1713215123276.jpeg
IMG_20240409_115721.jpg

Shows 15 km on the NVIS . I was able to register it today using copies of the Bill of Sale and NVIS .

Sounds like the service hasn't been fully activated by the dealer then which you could fix with a call to OnStar and say it's only partially working. This is normally set up during the "welcome call" as your service has been prepaid by the $1200 price increase in Oct 2022 for 3 years of full service.
Makes sense, Ill worry about that when I have the car it'll be what it'll be at this point

Are you sure it's that one or is it the one in the background? lol, nice it's finally showed up fairly quickly. How's the snow doing in Yellowknife?
Those are the pictures they sent me last week so I assume it is that one . The roads are completely bare for about a month now . Still piles of snow around but no issue for driving at all . we have only had two days of cloud in the last six weeks . Lots of heat in the sun . but you are right , the one in the background looks closer to what I pictured for HGM . I will find out soon enough . They did build the right spec this time though according to the window sticker , lol .

Those are the pictures they sent me last week so I assume it is that one . The roads are completely bare for about a month now . Still piles of snow around but no issue for driving at all . we have only had two days of cloud in the last six weeks . Lots of heat in the sun . but you are right , the one in the background looks closer to what I pictured for HGM . I will find out soon enough . They did build the right spec this time though according to the window sticker , lol .
Trust me I already checked it once yours was built, we had a conversation about it making sure it was right this time. So when are you going to get it?

Reactions: 1st Vette
Trust me I already checked it once yours was built, we had a conversation about it making sure it was right this time. So when are you going to get it?
Since I was able to register it today I could drive it away tomorrow but I don’t have a house sitter until May 13 so I fly down then and pick it up on May 14 . Snow is forecast for tomorrow and the next day for Edmonton so good thing it’s not today, lol. I’ve waited this long so….

Reactions: christian
Going from a non Z51 with no mag ride to a Z51 plus the FE4 mag ride you are going to notice an immediate difference. Last year the Z51 was 57.5% of the production and in 2022 it was 68.6% with less constraints that year. Your trade should be easier to sell with a lower cost point if they want to look at it that way. Less than 1% of people track their cars or go to Ron Fellows so he should be able to sell your car fairly easily!
Scott, I’m happy with my choice of options on this new car. My 22 was my first corvette, and I think I was more concerned about the money, than worried about some small performance differences. However after attending the Ron Fellows Owners Classes, I was suitably impressed with both the Ron Fellows folks, their facility and really impressed with the car.
I learned my own capabilities as well as those of the car. And to say I was impressed with the whole experience would be a gross understatement. It was one of life’s most memorable moments. And I’d strongly encourage any corvette owner to go! You won’t be disappointed.
My old car, traded in, in September, had what I think was a fair trade in value and has been the dealerships since. They have sold all of the other corvettes they’ve had on the lot and as trade ins. But not the 22. It’s their business, but the dealer claims it’s the non Z51 (he feels) that’s holding people from committing.
It doesn’t affect our already agreed upon purchase or trade in values as they were agreed on in September. I wish him luck selling it, and am looking forward to bringing my new one home in the coming week or so. It was just south of Kamloops today as we checked on Vin View.
Cheers,
Graham

Reactions: christian
Scott, I’m happy with my choice of options on this new car. My 22 was my first corvette, and I think I was more concerned about the money, than worried about some small performance differences. However after attending the Ron Fellows Owners Classes, I was suitably impressed with both the Ron Fellows folks, their facility and really impressed with the car.
I learned my own capabilities as well as those of the car. And to say I was impressed with the whole experience would be a gross understatement. It was one of life’s most memorable moments. And I’d strongly encourage any corvette owner to go! You won’t be disappointed.
My old car, traded in, in September, had what I think was a fair trade in value and has been the dealerships since. They have sold all of the other corvettes they’ve had on the lot and as trade ins. But not the 22. It’s their business, but the dealer claims it’s the non Z51 (he feels) that’s holding people from committing.
It doesn’t affect our already agreed upon purchase or trade in values as they were agreed on in September. I wish him luck selling it, and am looking forward to bringing my new one home in the coming week or so. It was just south of Kamloops today as we checked on Vin View.
Cheers,
Graham
Amazing story Graham, great to hear how much you liked the Ron Fellows school and how those cars had an impact on how you ordered your next car. I think it's great that all you guy's can now walk into your dealer loaded with information about Vin View and how the system works to get the answers you want and deserve!
Your car should arrive in Vancouver by tomorrow morning. As you know with your new car you will have an opportunity to return back to Pahrump. In speaking with the one of the mechanics there, they change the tires on those cars every 6 days. The retail value of the tires coming on your car is $3,200 and many people enjoy it so much there they keep going back multiple times. I like the sound of your new car more than the one you traded in. I would be interested to know if you saw the thread that I started last May when I was about to order my current car as you switched from Coupe to HTC?
Looking forward to seeing some pics of your new car have you seen your window sticker on line yet? I think I will go pull it now.
Scott

Thanks for your comments Scott. I have a few questions hopefully you’ll know the answer to?
I didn’t realize our window stickers were available. How can we view them?
As I have already attended the Ron Fellows Driving School, can I nominate my son or a close friend to go in my place?
I did not see your May post - Coupe vs HTC, but will certainly be going to read it. My view of this later car was it was going to be my “forever” car, as I’m now 71. So I wanted to not be quite so money conscious and order the car I really wanted. My original thought, and reason for ordering my first corvette was it was a historic moment where corvettes were moving to a whole new platform. And that excited me and I wanted to be a part of it. Don’t get me wrong money is still a big issue but I recieved more value for my trade in than I paid for it so that took away a little of the pain. And moving to a Z06 almost doubled my costs. So I’m pretty happy I found some middle ground where I’m delighted with the car I’ve ordered and plan to keep her around for a long time.
Cheers
Graham

Thanks for your comments Scott. I have a few questions hopefully you’ll know the answer to?
I didn’t realize our window stickers were available. How can we view them?
As I have already attended the Ron Fellows Driving School, can I nominate my son or a close friend to go in my place?
I did not see your May post - Coupe vs HTC, but will certainly be going to read it. My view of this later car was it was going to be my “forever” car, as I’m now 71. So I wanted to not be quite so money conscious and order the car I really wanted. My original thought, and reason for ordering my first corvette was it was a historic moment where corvettes were moving to a whole new platform. And that excited me and I wanted to be a part of it. Don’t get me wrong money is still a big issue but I recieved more value for my trade in than I paid for it so that took away a little of the pain. And moving to a Z06 almost doubled my costs. So I’m pretty happy I found some middle ground where I’m delighted with the car I’ve ordered and plan to keep her around for a long time.
Cheers
Graham
Graham, I just sent you your window stickers and you chose some nice options to complement the build.
Does your son share your name? GM covers the registered owner of the vehicle for Ron Fellows.
Glad you made out well with your trade allowing you to do the upgrade. I think you will be extremely pleased with the build you selected.
Scott

It also depends on were the closest gas station is. Mine had 7 KMS on it. But the tank was full. ($100.00 was included on my invoice for gas). I watched it being moved on the CHEV app.

Reactions: 1st Vette
Thanks for the window sticker Scott! I’m kind of surprised to see the Jake floor coverings as they were on constraint at the time and my dealer said we had to give them up to get an accepted allocation.

Oh and I read through all of the responses on your May post - coupe vs HTC. And find myself agreeing with most of the rational listed. In the end it obviously comes down to personal preference and cash availability. I do believe I’ll enjoy the HTC.

Reactions: Mr.Corvette
Thanks for the window sticker Scott! I’m kind of surprised to see the Jake floor coverings as they were on constraint at the time and my dealer said we had to give them up to get an accepted allocation.
Did you get them?

In the end it obviously comes down to personal preference and cash availability. I do believe I’ll enjoy the HTC.
Sometimes, or at least in my case, I would not have fit in the coupe comfortably (basically at all) as there is a couple of inches extra head room in the HTC with the roof open or closed.

Regardless of the fitment, I probably would have gone with the HTC anyway, just because I like the simplicity of opening the roof while driving down the road or sitting at the intersection. Probably would not have bought a C8 had it only come as a soft top like it predecessors.

Last edited:
Reactions: DenisC8