Status
Not open for further replies.
Still no update on the headlight recall solution. As for the N232427051 Transmission Fasteners Improperly Torqued recall, my initial information is that this impacts very few cars that came to Canada.
For what it’s worth mine was built February 8 and no recall showing up as of today.

I agree. This recall was posted early February and I bought the car in mid March, so the dealer should have known about the recall. I went through the entire process of buying the car, then was told a day before delivery they couldn’t complete the transaction because of the recall. Here we are into May, and realistically we are probably looking at June at the earliest when this thing will get sorted out. GM has been terrible to deal with, I finally got through to a manager on the phone (supposedly) and they basically told me to be patient and pound sand. At some point GM is going to have to start paying some restitution.. as we are beyond the point of returning the car and being made whole.

• Sad
Reactions: 1st Vette
I agree. This recall was posted early February and I bought the car in mid March, so the dealer should have known about the recall. I went through the entire process of buying the car, then was told a day before delivery they couldn’t complete the transaction because of the recall. Here we are into May, and realistically we are probably looking at June at the earliest when this thing will get sorted out. GM has been terrible to deal with, I finally got through to a manager on the phone (supposedly) and they basically told me to be patient and pound sand. At some point GM is going to have to start paying some restitution.. as we are beyond the point of returning the car and being made whole.
I am in the exact same situation, sadly in Canada even with Lemon Laws GM will legally owe us nothing. The best we can do is hope they do something.

Reactions: 1st Vette
They did the same thing to me at dw in Edmonton. Not impressed at all. They have a rude awakening if my car isn’t delivered on Sunday like they said.

As I understand it, if the recall is active they can’t hit the sold button to register the transaction? Making matters worse it’s a Canadian federal BS daytime running light law/recall that will have to be cleared/approved too. Well, at least I’m not alone 😉😂
Thanks for the info gents 👍

Reactions: Hurricanebd
As I understand it, if the recall is active they can’t hit the sold button to register the transaction? Making matters worse it’s a Canadian federal BS daytime running light law/recall that will have to be cleared/approved too. Well, at least I’m not alone 😉😂
Unfortunately dealerships can’t legally release a vehicle under a Transport Canada recall . Sucks because with the headlights issue if the selector is left in auto mode there is no problem. A bit anal to say the least.

• Agree
Reactions: Murray20c8
It's exactly the opposite. Secretary treasurer's don't want these cars costing them 6.5% interest since being invoiced at 4150 status and they start complaining to management when cars start sitting around costing him money. General Managers mark them sold so when the system checks there inventory and sees none, that dealer will be given additional allocation during the next cycle. These cars have been sold with the dealerships knowing exactly the date the recall went on them. They chose not to tell the customer's. It's better for them to save interest costs and earn additional allocation and they realize the buyers are stuck not being able to resell the car and knowing it would take a long time to reorder a car which would be subject to the massive price increase. The fact now that customers are stuck isn't there problem. They did what was best for them and they know it. That's the truth about what happened, it's just that nobody is going to tell you that.

There was an update on Global Connect on May 4th but it did not contain any update for a solution on the 2020 - 2023 Corvettes.
There's another problem that was discovered and GM Tech Support in Michigan last week was saying there is no expected date
for this to be resolved. The 2020 CT4 and CT5's are still on the list along with 2024 Buick Enclaves.
Can you make a deal with Tracy to get one of the 2024's in stock where the solution was sent at the start of April?
It's appears this could take a month or more still.
There was a problem with the update they were working on for the 20-23 corvettes? Or am I reading that incorrectly? Thanks for any info you can pass along, it's appreciated!

There was a problem with the update they were working on for the 20-23 corvettes? Or am I reading that incorrectly? Thanks for any info you can pass along, it's appreciated!
Vetted, I hate using screen names and have a list of members real names so I can address them properly. Here's what happened from my sources. The solution to the 2024's doesn't work for the 2020-2023's as we don't have the new IntelliBeam system. The solution that GM was saying they had the last week of April, apparently didn't work and now they are trying to figure out how to fix it without replacing parts (being the turn signal stalk along with the headlight switch and related wiring) which will cost them much more money and that's why they have gone mute leaving the entire organization in the dark not to mention customers.
GM's global connect system was showing updates last on April 18th and again on May 4th. Both show no solution and mention other cars other that the Corvettes that are still on the list. Last week GM tech support when spoken to about this said they were showing no solution nor any date of possible resolution on their system.
Everyone is being told, there is no date, there is no solution and no dates should be given out saying it will be solved.

Thank you for that.. I appreciate the scoop on what's been going on behind the scenes. I'm starting to get the feeling this won't be rectified for a while. The recall information should have been passed on to the customer before buying the car, now it seems some of us are along for the ride. If you hear anything else could you please post it here? Again, appreciate all the info.

Thank you for that.. I appreciate the scoop on what's been going on behind the scenes. I'm starting to get the feeling this won't be rectified for a while. The recall information should have been passed on to the customer before buying the car, now it seems some of us are along for the ride. If you hear anything else could you please post it here? Again, appreciate all the info.
Can you smell the class action lawsuit ?

Reactions: McmurrayC8
We should all get together and use the same lawyer or get a group of lawyers and nail these shitty dealers to the wall. Legally and media. Give them all the publicity sleazy dealerships deserve.
I got lucky and have mine but I almost wish I could join . Very poor Public Relations to say the least. Disrespectful and callous.

We should all get together and use the same lawyer or get a group of lawyers and nail these shitty dealers to the wall. Legally and media. Give them all the publicity sleazy dealerships deserve.
Or you can just get your money back and buy another C8 (new or used 2024, or a used 2020-2023 from a non-GM dealer or private seller) and still salvage a full 2024 driving season ;)

Reactions: ScottyR
Or you can just get your money back and buy another C8 (new or used 2024, or a used 2020-2023 from a non-GM dealer or private seller) and still salvage a full 2024 driving season ;)

Yep. If I was waiting to pick up my new 23 I would ask for my money back and buy a 24 somewhere. I am starting to see some new 24s being discounted at dealers so the price gap between a 23 and a 24 may not be as big as it was 6 months ago.

Feel worst for all of the members who have paid for their new 2023’s who cannot pick them up now that the season is here and have no idea when this will get resolved!!
My wife’s waiting now lol I got a 24 last weekend. No recall on that. 🤣🤣still pisses me off though
i bought a 2024 last weekend so I have a season to drive. Now it’s a waiting game.

We are all indifferent situations, I could potentially get my deposits back but I will not be able to force them to give me the money for additions I have put on while waiting, as well I am then out my 2023 White 70 year Limited. With all accessories price increases I would be looking at close to a $10K difference on just Carbon and my dealership knows if I walk someone else will jump immediately.

So here I sit as pissed off as the rest of you, and again just my opinion but why not support each other as car enthusiasts or just walk away, it is almost as frustrating to sit and read all this stuff about Class Action laws suits and all this other legal miss information. I was coming to this for educated responses and info from individuals like Mr. Corvette. Again I am just as mad as all of you but this has turned into a bitch session more then anything else. I am new to the forum so still learning but am hoping someone opens a thread that is just based on facts and helps some of us get answers.

Attachments

• Vette 6.jpg
    Vette 6.jpg
    1.6 MB · Views: 0
;) ;)We are all indifferent situations, I could potentially get my deposits back but I will not be able to force them to give me the money for additions I have put on while waiting, as well I am then out my 2023 White 70 year Limited. With all accessories price increases I would be looking at close to a $10K difference on just Carbon and my dealership knows if I walk someone else will jump immediately.

So here I sit as pissed off as the rest of you, and again just my opinion but why not support each other as car enthusiasts or just walk away, it is almost as frustrating to sit and read all this stuff about Class Action laws suits and all this other legal miss information. I was coming to this for educated responses and info from individuals like Mr. Corvette. Again I am just as mad as all of you but this has turned into a bitch session more then anything else. I am new to the forum so still learning but am hoping someone opens a thread that is just based on facts and helps some of us get answers.
Sometimes it helps to take some posts with a grain of salt… ;)

Status
Not open for further replies.