I bought the car from Sherwood chev in Saskatoon the car is currently at capital gm in regina, I am having an acs areo kit installed and a Hennessey 650 upgrade done to the car. It was pure luck getting a 2015 in the fall of 2014

Is anyone else extremely frustrated with the purchasing experience of the C7? I ordered in early July but still am sitting at 1100.

Someone else in Vancouver ordered a month after me at a different dealer and got his already.

My dealer has given me zero information despite repeated requests. They simply say GM has told them nothing; they have no information on what their allotment is yet! Is this normal or am I getting hosed?

If they don't have an allotment, or their allocation has already been spoken for, then you are being hosed. There are countless instances in the forums in recent months of situations where people have waited forever, not only at small dealers but big as well, only to move on and find success elsewhere. Myself, I would walk in asking if they have a 2015 allocation and if it has been accounted for. If not, I would move along. There are other dealers, within this forum even, that can assist greatly.

If they don't have an allotment, or their allocation has already been spoken for, then you are being hosed. There are countless instances in the forums in recent months of situations where people have waited forever, not only at small dealers but big as well, only to move on and find success elsewhere. Myself, I would walk in asking if they have a 2015 allocation and if it has been accounted for. If not, I would move along. There are other dealers, within this forum even, that can assist greatly.

Agree, allocation or find another dealer. They should know what they can get and provide you with the info. $70,000++ is a lot just to say it'll get here eventually.

Is this normal or am I getting hosed?

A bit of both from the sounds of things. I ordered from my local dealer here in town. I must confess, when I placed the initial order (do not deliver to me 'til Spring), the salesman said it would prolly arrive in November but would elay the order so it arrives in the Spring. When I went in a month later to say plac the order and I will take delivery whenever, they suggested it would come in in December.

The whole allocation thing is pure Bermuda Triangle, black magic, hocus pocus stuff for sure. In November I was still at 1100 and to guarantee a 2015 coupe, I would have to upgrade to the CC3 clear roof instead of the CFA painted roof. Upgrade (slow burn). Add a grand to the price because GM cannot deliver the CFA roof. Grrrr. Add a grand and miraculously my TPW is this week.

I was also told that my Z51 is one of only about 9 slotted for Canada in that allocation period. I have no idea when the next allocation delivery period is but other threads here are suggesting March 2015.

Ya pays yer money and... :confused:

After 6 months finally got mine, nice sunny weekend to take delivery on the west coast, and after working in -30 up north was great to have the roof off in +7 in December, out of the box what a great car, could use some more power tho, but that can easily be fixed this spring sometime

After 6 months finally got mine, nice sunny weekend to take delivery on the west coast, and after working in -30 up north was great to have the roof off in +7 in December, out of the box what a great car, could use some more power tho, but that can easily be fixed this spring sometime

Nice car, congrats ... but where's the snow:confused: I got a 2015 z51, and within 2 weeks I had AR mid length headers and a Halltech carbon stinger installed along with Spiegler ss brake lines and high conductivity plug wires. This spring, Burns 2 stage mufflers, Braille light weight battery, z06 grill and flat steering wheel and that's it.

Enjoy your ride!

We only get snow for a couple days a year on Vancouver island! thanks! I'm real happy that I decided to go with the carbon flash options, sure beats doing it down the road, I bought an in tune 1000 today for it, will get long tubes within the next few weeks, when my bank and GM send me cheques, might aswell! Then this spring a centrifugal blower to up the hp a little bit :)

Yesterday I emailed the dealer and asked the salesman about the order tracking number, I put 10k down in July after selling my viper, He emailed me right back and the good news is he had the number for me, scnzcw.
2015 artic white, 1lt, Z51
I feel much better now.

Don't feel much better yet because the order number in itself means nothing if they haven't attached the allocation to it. For Canadians, go to GM.ca and telephone or chat with them during business hours and ask to do an update on the order number. They won't tell you a number status but will tell you if a build date has been scheduled.

Yesterday I emailed the dealer and asked the salesman about the order tracking number, I put 10k down in July after selling my viper, He emailed me right back and the good news is he had the number for me, scnzcw.
2015 artic white, 1lt, Z51
I feel much better now.

Same car I have, with a clear roof, standard. You'll love it.:D

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 100 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.