I spend half my time in St. Louis and am currently down here. Missouri opened up vaccinations for anyone over 18 last Friday. We went into the Sam’s Club with no appointment at 11:10 Saturday morning and by Noon were vaccinated with the Moderna. No side effects other than a tender injection site (for both of us) for a couple of days...... oh and a strange desire to sing Funky Cold Moderna 🎶🎶
Our second shots are scheduled for May 8th (it’s a required 4 week period between shots down here).
The Canadian Government’s response has been a joke..... and don’t get me started on the mandatory hotel stay on reentry to Canada.

Although I'm on the priority list because of my medical condition, I have yet to receive the vaccine. I gave up on trying to register through the Ontario government's portal and on my local Health Association's website and ended up getting onto the Shopper's Drug Mart wait list. I'm told I likely won't get called in until at least May.

This whole covid response and vaccine rollout has been a complete clusterfuck. And that's all I have to say about that.
Sorry to hear that you haven't been able to get one yet. Location seems to make a big difference for timing and efficiency. I got Pfizer March 28 (I'm 75) and the clinic seemed well organized. As for the needle, it was like someone lightly touched my arm with their fingertip. Absolutely no after effects.

Reactions: Gummiente and Dik
Wife and I have had both first and second shots of Moderna here in Arizona. Both felt a bit punky after the second shot but were fine the day after. Flying back to Calgary next week with covid test before we leave and booked for three days in Trudeau's "Airline Passenger Punishment Jail Hotel" when we arrive in Calgary followed by balance of quarantine at our home.

Reactions: canadiansteelman
My wife and I have an appointment to get our first shot of COVID vaccine later today. Our age group opened up last week for the Astra Zennica one, so we registered with Shoppers Drug Mart a week ago, expecting to get an appointment sometime after that (that was their online process) but a week later, we hadn’t heard anything. So, last night I called a few pharmacies, and low and behold, I got an appointment for today. l look forward to getting on the other side of this nightmare one day. Fingers crossed that these vaccines will help.
Have any of you got the shot yet?
Had my first for about 3 weeks, my mother has had both her shots, but my wife being so much younger has had to wait for her age cohort to open. It appears that she may be, pardon the pun here, in line to get hers in the next week or so. The second shot for me is most likely two months or more away. Normalcy as we new it I believe is gone for many years

I received my first shot of the Astra Zeneca about three weeks ago, not a problem not a stiff arm nothing. My mother has had both her shots but she’s in the 90 age group and again not one side effect, everyone in her assisted living facility has received both shots and that’s a good thing because just the other day their bus driver who had not had a shot brought COVID into the building and took it into full lockdown. My wife, being considerably younger than me it’s still waiting for her age group to open up here in Saskatchewan and can’t wait to get it. She has been working from home since March 17 last year. My personal opinion is I think you have to get it if you want to protect those around you. The vaccine gets a bad rap six people out of 9 million have a problem and it’s full stop. They say the chances of developing a blood clot are about one in 1 million heck your chances of her getting a blood clot on a four hour airplane trip are one in 4500. Getting a vaccination I guess is the least I can do to protect those around me after all look at those during the first second world war Korean War that volunteered, weren’t drafted or conscripted, ran the risk of dying, slept in mud pits, tents, eat crappy food, stayed away from their family for years lived under horrendous conditions, constant threat of death and they still went and did it they stood up. So I for one am happy to of got the vaccination, maybe we can get back to some form of normalcy here soon but I fully believe that normalcy as we knew it is long gone like the dinosaur

Wife and I have had both first and second shots of Moderna here in Arizona. Both felt a bit punky after the second shot but were fine the day after. Flying back to Calgary next week with covid test before we leave and booked for three days in Trudeau's "Airline Passenger Punishment Jail Hotel" when we arrive in Calgary followed by balance of quarantine at our home.
Bro in L is flying back to just south of the US border. taxi to the border and then hop in to his car which will be have left for him on the Can side. 14 days quarantine back at his house which is appox 2hrs away. Lot better than the setup the nit wits in gov have thought up.
You ought to see if that is a possibility for you. Better to quarantine at home than in some ineffective hotel setup.

My shot of Moderna was on the 25th of March and had four days of weird reactions. Just not feeling right and sore. My wife got her Moderna shot yesterday and has a swollen arm but no pain.
Al. Fraser Valley B;C..

Last edited:
My wife and I have an appointment to get our first shot of COVID vaccine later today. Our age group opened up last week for the Astra Zennica one, so we registered with Shoppers Drug Mart a week ago, expecting to get an appointment sometime after that (that was their online process) but a week later, we hadn’t heard anything. So, last night I called a few pharmacies, and low and behold, I got an appointment for today. l look forward to getting on the other side of this nightmare one day. Fingers crossed that these vaccines will help.
Have any of you got the shot yet?
It’s not a vaccine by any means.

Your realize it’s NOT a vaccine right? It’s an untested emergency medicine creating blood clots.
It IS a vaccine. Your watching or listening to the wrong channel or else not able to evaluate the information that is out there. And only AZ and J&J have shown probable blood clots in, so far, female patients between 18 - 48 yrs.
So if you choose to not participate in the vaccine program that is your free will.
Just don't go around spreading BS because you do not want to or are unable to comprehend the data.
You could always do a little research from reputable sources such as below. It was updated April 13th 2021
Get out your calculator and figure out the % probability of developing a blood clot.
Again it is your choice to get the jab or not. Just don't spout crap.

Updated Statement on Covid-19 Vaccines and Thrombosis From Thrombosis Canada

"It is the view of Thrombosis Canada that, based all available evidence, people who receive the AstraZeneca vaccine are not at increased risk of developing blood clots when compared with the general population.

However, the AstraZeneca vaccine may be associated with extremely rare cases of blood clots that occur in the brain (called cerebral sinus vein thrombosis) and are associated with low blood platelets. These blood clots were found to occur in 1 in 250,000 to 1 in 500,000 people who received the vaccine.

By comparison, people who have COVID-19 are at much higher risk of developing blood clots, which occur in about 1 in 20 people who are in hospital with COVID-19 and in about 1 in 100 people who have COVID-19 but are not in hospital."

So to add to this thread, my new third boob (which I am sure is a result of the AZ vaccine (or emergency blood clotting creating medication) is coming along nicely. Currently about a 32B but I do anticipate it filling out to a 34/36 C cup. I am concerned though about the long term impact of a third hooter. Where can I buy a single cup manzere, is a pressing concern. As well there seems to be a bit of hair growing which is not particularly attractive. Totally hopeful that the second shot will trigger it’s partner. If so, I will be a bit asymmetrical until #4 catches up to #3.

I am in the process of creating a photo journal of this epic and wonderful transformation and will post it soon.

Suddenly I feel like a white wine spritzer and a little cry. Probably nothing.....

I sure am hoping there are long-term side effects of the covid vaccine ...
Like being able to move around more freely and definitely
being freed from the Health System running our economy.

As mentioned in another thread, I got my Pfizer Chip injected and
found that I am now paired to my Wife's Cell Phone. I am not sure
when the upgraded chip gets injected ... hope it's before I go
isolate for the Summer at my beach-shack in mid-June.

Last edited:
I agree Le Baron. This will be with us for a very very long time if not forever. The vaccine is just a safety net that will not keep you from catching it, only you wont get as sick from it. China has been wearing masks way before this virus. I always thought it was for the dirty air. Maybe they knew something we didn't. Now we will be wearing masks the same way. Never thought I would see this in my lifetime. I am 68 and have always been in great shape. I just hope that continues and will take precautions to keep it that way.

Reactions: Dik
Bro in L is flying back to just south of the US border. taxi to the border and then hop in to his car which will be have left for him on the Can side. 14 days quarantine back at his house which is appox 2hrs away. Lot better than the setup the nit wits in gov have thought up.
You ought to see if that is a possibility for you. Better to quarantine at home than in some ineffective hotel setup.
We considered it but closest airport to the Alberta border is Great Falls Montana an it's 200 miles from the border so cab ride would be prohibitive. Perhaps our transportation to the hotel will be at our discretion and will pass by our house on the way. ;)

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 100 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.