Aug 25, 2019
Edmonton
VetteCoins
Car
2015 2LT Z51
Province
AB
My wife and I have an appointment to get our first shot of COVID vaccine later today. Our age group opened up last week for the Astra Zennica one, so we registered with Shoppers Drug Mart a week ago, expecting to get an appointment sometime after that (that was their online process) but a week later, we hadn’t heard anything. So, last night I called a few pharmacies, and low and behold, I got an appointment for today. l look forward to getting on the other side of this nightmare one day. Fingers crossed that these vaccines will help.
Have any of you got the shot yet?

Brenda got hers a couple weeks ago She got the AZ as well and was flu-ish for a couple days after. Mine is coming up on the 28th. I'm scheduled for either the Pfizer or Moderna. Gonna be interesting to know if any of them will protect from the variants. WHO says they expect it will offer some protection but I don't think anyone knows for sure yet and they don't want to scare people. Too bad as the variants here in AB have taken over the Covid numbers race.

Hi Dale.

I think this is good news for you and your family.

Cathy is a LTC nurse so she was vaccinated months ago. She is always healthy but had a mild reaction to the second shot .... as expected. It was nothing major but she was short on energy so she rested for a day.

I had my first A-Z shot about a month ago and am scheduled for my second shot in early July. With my four month delay I expect a stronger reaction to the second shot. I will find out .... I do not expect miracles but our doctor-pals said this should keep me out of the hospital IF I catch the virus. On the (very?) optimistic side, I may not have any serious symptoms at all. Well time will tell ....

Cheers .... and see you soon?

My wife and both work in healthcare so been vaccinated for months. First shot is a breeze, some report experiencing mild symptoms/"feeling off" for a day following the 2nd shot but that's only in some cases.
Hopefully as a Country we can get this under control soon, it is a sad day when Americans can travel more freely globally than Canadians can because of our Covid numbers

Wife got her Pfizer about 3 weeks ago as she works @ the vaccination site. She was flu-ish for a couple of days. I got mine @ a Shopper's Drug Mart on Easter Sunday, Pfizer as well. Just had the chills for a few hours that evening and all good. Great to see more people getting vaccinated and hopefully it will will start turning the tide.

Got the A-Z shot about a month ago when it opened up to first responders. Had a bit of fever that night which was gone by the next morning. I have heard of some people having bad reactions to the first shot. Wonder what the reactions will be to the second shot.

Reactions: Black 03 Z06
My wife and I have an appointment to get our first shot of COVID vaccine later today. Our age group opened up last week for the Astra Zennica one, so we registered with Shoppers Drug Mart a week ago, expecting to get an appointment sometime after that (that was their online process) but a week later, we hadn’t heard anything. So, last night I called a few pharmacies, and low and behold, I got an appointment for today. l look forward to getting on the other side of this nightmare one day. Fingers crossed that these vaccines will help.
Yes...a few weeks ago...my wife got the Pfizer shot as she's a front line worker...I got the AZ shot through our local pharmacy when my 60-65 age group was selected as a pilot group. So far, so good...she's been booked end of June for her 2nd shot...mine TBA. No side effects for either of us, other than my wife's arm was a bit sore for a couple of days. Basically no different than our annual flu shots.

I got the Phizer about a month ago. Very little reaction. My wife got the same one about 10 days ago and after a week she started feeling a little pinkie. We are glad to get it but still not dropping our guard.

Haven't got it and don't want it. Have never taken the ordinary flu shot. Never get sick from the flu. My wife gets the flu shot and always gets sick from it. What bothers me is nobody knows what the long term effects could be. I just feel like we are all lab rats. But thats just my opinion.

Attachments

• 5B907005-A695-410E-A1E9-80C79DD73F56.JPEG
    5B907005-A695-410E-A1E9-80C79DD73F56.JPEG
    29.6 KB · Views: 17
Although I'm on the priority list because of my medical condition, I have yet to receive the vaccine. I gave up on trying to register through the Ontario government's portal and on my local Health Association's website and ended up getting onto the Shopper's Drug Mart wait list. I'm told I likely won't get called in until at least May.

This whole covid response and vaccine rollout has been a complete clusterfuck. And that's all I have to say about that.

My wife and I got the Pfizer shot this past Tuesday. Felt really tried, arm hurt and felt cold for about 16 hours, then back to normal.
So happy to get it. System here at a mass vac site was well organized and run very well.

Getting mine this Saturday . I think its the Moderna brand one .

I thought the A-Z was a One and Done shot??
Got Pfizer in March. Scheduled for jab 2 at the end of June.
Slightly sore arm if I stretched it was the only thing i got from the jab.
My humble opinion is that this is going to be similar to the annual flu shot. The way variants are popping up they'll need to offer booster shots every year.
Thought train used to be similar to Kerry4. I got the flu shot once and was sicker than a dog.
As I have aged somewhat since then and now for some unknown reason feel closer to God, I have changed my thinking and want to delay that date (so I have more time to drive the Vette).

Are we lab rats? To a certain extent, yes. The trial period although as thorough as it could be was much shorter than the usual trial period for new drugs hence the emergency use authorization. They are just now finding that the vaccines are still effective after six months simply because that is how long it has been since the first jabs. So you makes your choice and go with it. We have to remember that the vaccines against CV-19, similar to the annual flu vaccine, are not immunizations so you can still contract the virus even though you have been vaccinated. We will be living with this virus for a long time.

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 100 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.