No IU sticker. No temperature sender in either place although there appears to be a boss on the driver side head but not where the sender would be located. Short water pump. I don't know about Corvettes but big block Chevelles went to the long water pump in '69. A '68?

Nice model.

If there's a yellow sticker on the firewall end of the passenger-side valve cover, it should read IU, indicating that it is a L-71/L-89 aluminum head engine. The shape of the chrome ignition box and the shorter height of the intake shows that it's not a '67 engine. Also, where is the water temp sender, at the front of the intake? If not, it'll be on the driver's side head, indicating that it's a '68 or '69. The shape of the alternator bracket shows it to be later than '67.

By the way, it came from a power brake car. ;)

Kieth, The gold lump on the front left is supposed to be the temp sender. And the part number for the centre island is #3937795 if that helps.

It's a '68 intake, but it's on the wrong engine. LOL

That's for a 400hp High Performance 427, not a 435 hp Special High Performance 427. It'll work, but badly. Oval port intake and rectangular port heads are a bad mismatch.

You can find the correct #3919852 intake here - GM original 3919852 Winters aluminum intake manifold | eBay

Hopefully, you can pry the existing one off the block....carefully. :rofl:

Mind you, you probably have the wrong carbs too. ;)

You may think, "Maybe they just put the wrong hp sticker on there", but aluminum heads didn't come on 400hp engines. I'd just give up and send it to me. :D

I don't know about the aluminum intakes but the old cast iron ones wouldn't even cover the top of the rectangular intake port. However, the rectangular port intake seems to work fine on the oval port heads. Guys have even used it in mild racing applications and it worked quite well despite the big step. We used a '74 smogger 454 with 216 degree Energizer cam, rectangular port intake, 750 vacuum Holley, and headers and our son took it to the track. Neither he nor the car had ever been on a track before and he wasn't using slicks. With no traction at all, the Chevelle still ran 13.6s #102.4 mph. At 3900 pounds with driver that calculates to be somewhere around 320+ rwhp. It was a very fun street car and cost next to nothing to put together. With all the big hp numbers thrown around on the internet today, we get jaded with something like 320. Still, the vast majority have never ridden in a car even this quick and would enjoy the ride. I know I did. You can have a fun street car without going broke doing it.

Never heard of them before this week but I sure enjoy looking at the vehicles they get in; especially the Vettes. Prices seem reasonable for the quality.

Greg.
[mob][/mob]

Did you just start getting email solicitation from these guys. It started with me last week. I do not recall signing up for their service.... Bet they are getting our addresses from this or another forum. I just unsubscribed for that reason.

Come to think of it; yes. Hmm.
[mob][/mob]

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 100 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.

Users who are viewing this thread