RIP
You're a Regular King of the Post You're Liked 2 You're 10
Jul 15, 2012
Fairview, Alberta
VetteCoins
Car
2006 Z06
Gentlemen,

While I continue to think of future builds, does any one know (ie. Manny) if it is possible to install a LS7 into a C7??

Thought I should start getting a few things worked out in terms of the direction I'd like to go in.

Still not that taken with the C7 but for sure no doubt at all that I do love the LS7............

Cheers,

Garry

Garry, I'm not sure you'd even want to do that swap. Believe me I would love to swap an LS7 or LS3 into my C5 Z06, but that ne LT1 is just awesome! Direct injection, displacement on demand, etc., it's a killer powerplant already. Tons of YouTube vids of these doing 10's or lower!! Totally capable car. All the big car mags and video bloggers love the new C7. Just my opinion Garry. One thing that you may want to check out is the Road and Track video on the new Camaro Z28 vs GTR Track Edition comparo. It uses the LS7....and it is sweet!

Sent from my SGH-I747M using Tapatalk

J-man!

Yes, all that may be true but I wonder, and perhaps we'll get some feeling down the road after the Manny-type people have had more experience with the LT1 if the LT1 is capable of achieving what is possible with the LS7 currently.

I've always been on the side of higher hp from greater displacement than some strung-out super high output from a smaller engine. I know we're talking about 7.0 vs. 6.2 but you get my drift.........it is 13% greater displacement in the end.

Ain't dreamin' fun?!

Cheers,

Garry

Interesting, just watched the video you recommended Justin. No surprise that the GTR is faster off the line but surprised that the Z28 is marginally quicker around the race track.

Just goes to reinforce my love affair with the LS7!!

Cheers,

Garry

Interesting, just watched the video you recommended Justin. No surprise that the GTR is faster off the line but surprised that the Z28 is marginally quicker around the race track.

Just goes to reinforce my love affair with the LS7!!

Cheers,

Garry

Glad you liked it. The LS7 is amazing! Like I said I would love one in my C5. I was really surprised that GM dropped that in the Z28. I rhoyggt for sure it would be some sort of detuned LT1. In all honesty I couldn't be happier with the direction GM went with it. A total no hold barred approach, and didn't care if it upset some of us Vette folks in the process. It's fantastic!

It will be interesting to see as more tuners work with this new powerplant what they're able to extract at the limit. I do agree with you on the larger displacement instead of a high strung mess of a motor. Only time will tell I guess.

Sent from my SGH-I747M using Tapatalk

The LS7 is a very drooly engine and hope to own something with one in it some day but I'm quite sure Manny would be able to stroke the LT1 into a 427 for ya! This way you get the most current tech!

That would be saaaaa-weeeet!

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 100 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.