AllFlash

Power User
Jul 25, 2014
Niagara
VetteCoins
Car
2015 Z06
I am sure that title is very laughable and catches everyone's attention these days. Been away for awhile but such is life.

Background real quick. My C7 Z06 allocation was one of the first 20 in the country back in 2015 and I found it through contacting dealerships and posting everywhere. I had a 20k offer to pass up the allocation back then. Who would have thought that I would eventually be able to pass on 8 C7 Z06 allocations to others in doing so but yes, dealers eventually contacted me back and I was able to make those introductions.

C8 Z06 will be different. I spoke with friends at three of Canada's top dealerships and they are 3-years filled they believe and, in fact, spoke with my old friend Mike Furman in the States and he believes he is at the 5-year mark with knowledge of dealers that may seek up to a 100K markup on Z06 allocations. That's amazing and terrible IMO.

So I find myself doing the same thing I did in Sep 2014 and calling everywhere. Think it can be done? Would never know unless I posted here!

The dealer I'm most likely to get a Z06 from this year (Capital Chev in Calgary) has a list with over 60 names on it and they've closed that list, due to how long they think it'll take to fill that demand. The 3 Edmonton dealers who do more Corvette orders (Westgate, Northgate and Don Wheaton on Whyte Avenue) when I last contacted them MANY MONTHS AGO had lists of 15 (I'm #16), 38 and only 2 respectively...however Don Wheaton was then asking for way over MSRP. You might want to call Don Wheaton now to find out if their stance on MSRP has changed in light of the fairly recent letter to dealerships from the GM North American president. If so and they're selling at MSRP, you might get a low number on their list (?) if they've opened it up. Worth a call and good luck.

Reactions: AllFlash
The dealer I'm most likely to get a Z06 from this year (Capital Chev in Calgary) has a list with over 60 names on it and they've closed that list, due to how long they think it'll take to fill that demand. The 3 Edmonton dealers who do more Corvette orders (Westgate, Northgate and Don Wheaton on Whyte Avenue) when I last contacted them MANY MONTHS AGO had lists of 15 (I'm #16), 38 and only 2 respectively...however Don Wheaton was then asking for way over MSRP. You might want to call Don Wheaton now to find out if their stance on MSRP has changed in light of the fairly recent letter to dealerships from the GM North American president. If so and they're selling at MSRP, you might get a low number on their list (?) if they've opened it up. Worth a call and good luck.
Tip from insider that GM will take no action and dealers will continue to sell for whatever they like. Sad, but likely true. Guess we will see.

Got some positive news today from one of the corvette dealers ,that have me on a waiting list for 2023 Z06 . He called me today and said I got a pretty good chance getting one this year . I guess a few clients have dropped out . I'm not going to get to excited about this happening . But I will stay positive . Be a dream come true lol . This was a dealer I less excepted for that to happen at. Because I was later getting on the wait list. But I got to say out the sales gents I'm been dealing with for the Z06 car ,he's been the best . I really hope they come through for me .

Reactions: Murray20c8
I have had a deposit on the week I picked up my end of run 2019 .
With a looming strike bowling green plant and the Constant part shortages .
I honestly think all those expecting a Z06 Delivered into Canada before 2024 are dreaming ,There will be a few coming in 2023 but only a few
And yes I’m hopping Im one of them lol , that’s the dream .we will all know Closer to spring when they allow us to start building orders ,
Until then keep Your soldiers face on And leave your shotguns at home when it comes to the 06 .
I think will be facing bigger problems With our economic inflation growing .
It’s all becoming very worrisome

Reactions: vinny's vette
I honestly think all those expecting a Z06 Delivered into Canada before 2024 are dreaming ,There will be a few coming in 2023 but only a few
And yes I’m hopping Im one of them lol , that’s the dream .we will all know Closer to spring when they allow us to start building orders ,
Until then keep Your soldiers face on And leave your shotguns at home when it comes to the 06 .

Good luck with your order

I dont see supply constraints/shortages affecting the overall % of z06s that get delivered to Canada. Overall production numbers sure but not Canadian %. Considering 2023s will start getting shipped early this fall I can see plenty of Canadians getting second year (2024) allocations.
If you've had a deposit in for +2 years you may even see one this year. I've had mine in for a year and a half and am hoping for second model year.

Reactions: vinny's vette
Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 100 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.