Lots of back and forth but yes, most dealers have lists of 3-years or more when considering their typical allocations. It is worse in the US as I was having a chat with Mike Furman a few days back who says he is seeing 5-years and even heard of market premiums as high as $100k US over price.

Had no chance last time... Hope I have that exact same chance this time. Have left my name in with several dealers and contacts... large dealerships and small. IMO... the smaller dealerships afford the best chance...

Reactions: Black 03 Z06
Lots of back and forth but yes, most dealers have lists of 3-years or more when considering their typical allocations. It is worse in the US as I was having a chat with Mike Furman a few days back who says he is seeing 5-years and even heard of market premiums as high as $100k US over price.

Had no chance last time... Hope I have that exact same chance this time. Have left my name in with several dealers and contacts... large dealerships and small. IMO... the smaller dealerships afford the best chance...
Back in April 2021 I reached out to over 30 dealerships in Ontario inquiring about their z06 waitlist to secure a second spot. Every single one of them had 3-4 year waitlists including the small dealers with only a few people on their lists (most will not get a single Z06 first year and will be lucky to get 1 per year after that). Best of luck in your search

I am sure that title is very laughable and catches everyone's attention these days. Been away for awhile but such is life.

Background real quick. My C7 Z06 allocation was one of the first 20 in the country back in 2015 and I found it through contacting dealerships and posting everywhere. I had a 20k offer to pass up the allocation back then. Who would have thought that I would eventually be able to pass on 8 C7 Z06 allocations to others in doing so but yes, dealers eventually contacted me back and I was able to make those introductions.

C8 Z06 will be different. I spoke with friends at three of Canada's top dealerships and they are 3-years filled they believe and, in fact, spoke with my old friend Mike Furman in the States and he believes he is at the 5-year mark with knowledge of dealers that may seek up to a 100K markup on Z06 allocations. That's amazing and terrible IMO.

So I find myself doing the same thing I did in Sep 2014 and calling everywhere. Think it can be done? Would never know unless I posted here!
Good luck Les, I did the shop around in July/August and it was pretty frustrating trying to get dealers to be transparent about their wait list and their allocation the previous year. One thing that both helped and hindered me was that I wanted to trade my 2019 GS. I was told by several dealers that in order to qualify for the tax savings on the trade in, tax regulations required that delivery of the new car had to happen no later than 12 months after the dealer took my trade in and most were not confident they could meet that time line including all of the big three. Several dealers were willing to take the trade but only when the new car arrived and only then would they give me the trade in value. I was not prepared to leave myself that vulnerable to a price change for the trade in. Eventually ended up at Humberview Chev (purchased my 3 C7s there) who were confident of being able to deliver in 10-12 months. They gave me an excellent number on the 2019 GS which I turned over to them right after Labour Day. I was #1 on their wait list by December so got in on the January allocation. Now waiting for word on the TPW - Humberview is not as good as some on keeping purchasers informed of every step in the order process but not bad either. Assuming no major delays should be delivered by June. Good luck on your search.

Good luck Les, I did the shop around in July/August and it was pretty frustrating trying to get dealers to be transparent about their wait list and their allocation the previous year. One thing that both helped and hindered me was that I wanted to trade my 2019 GS. I was told by several dealers that in order to qualify for the tax savings on the trade in, tax regulations required that delivery of the new car had to happen no later than 12 months after the dealer took my trade in and most were not confident they could meet that time line including all of the big three. Several dealers were willing to take the trade but only when the new car arrived and only then would they give me the trade in value. I was not prepared to leave myself that vulnerable to a price change for the trade in. Eventually ended up at Humberview Chev (purchased my 3 C7s there) who were confident of being able to deliver in 10-12 months. They gave me an excellent number on the 2019 GS which I turned over to them right after Labour Day. I was #1 on their wait list by December so got in on the January allocation. Now waiting for word on the TPW - Humberview is not as good as some on keeping purchasers informed of every step in the order process but not bad either. Assuming no major delays should be delivered by June. Good luck on your search.
This is for a C8 stingray not Z06 correct?

This is for a C8 stingray not Z06 correct?
My order is for an HTC Stingray and AllFlash is looking for a Z06.
GM has recently announced that the wait lists for Z06 and Stingrays will be a combined list this time around. Not sure how dealers with existing separate lists will handle that. The logical solution would be to just combine their lists and sort them by the date each order was received but that is up to each dealer.

My order is for an HTC Stingray and AllFlash is looking for a Z06.
GM has recently announced that the wait lists for Z06 and Stingrays will be a combined list this time around. Not sure how dealers with existing separate lists will handle that. The logical solution would be to just combine their lists and sort them by the date each order was received but that is up to each dealer.
Even with this allocation model I know Bill Spencer are running two lists; one for the Stingray, one for the Z06

Here's how that will work:
GM issues 20 allocations to kick off 2023 orders. In that allocation bundle GM will tell the dealership you can order 15 Stingrays and 5 Z06. If your dealership is a good one they will take the next 15 folks who had deposits for the Stingray and the next 5 on a Z06 list.

Reactions: DavidWG
Even with this allocation model I know Bill Spencer are running two lists; one for the Stingray, one for the Z06

Here's how that will work:
GM issues 20 allocations to kick off 2023 orders. In that allocation bundle GM will tell the dealership you can order 15 Stingrays and 5 Z06. If your dealership is a good one they will take the next 15 folks who had deposits for the Stingray and the next 5 on a Z06 list.
Gm will tell dealers they can order 5 Z06's. They CAN order 19 Stingrays and 1 Z06
The other 4 will be given to other dealers.

Gm will tell dealers they can order 5 Z06's. They CAN order 19 Stingrays and 1 Z06
The other 4 will be given to other dealers.

Although possible I doubt a dealer would do so giving up on ordering a Z06; they will take all they can get!

I feel folks believe that as the allocations are combined a dealership would be able to spec all 20 as Z06 but that's simply not happening.

March should be eventful!

Although possible I doubt a dealer would do so giving up on ordering a Z06; they will take all they can get!

I feel folks believe that as the allocations are combined a dealership would be able to spec all 20 as Z06 but that's simply not happening.

March should be eventful!
You are assuming that all dealers have Z06 lists a mile long. Also, like I said before. If a dealer has dates on their lists and they have 10 people that have waited longer for a Stingray than the first on the list for a Z06 it would be unfair to give the guy a Z06 and let one or more, of those 10 wait longer than him for a car.

Also, don't forget they will be making these cars for several more years. I have no doubt that there are a fair amount who have been on a Z06 list for years now, but once those folks are satisfied they should be fair. Hence ONE list (or dates on the lists) is the only fair way to do it.

Interesting but I don't think that's how dealers will handle it and I am certain all dealers have a Z06 list.

But if you are right then going on date of deposit I would jump a ton of Z06 list folks as I'm due to order my next Stingray soon...

My dealer has two lists and i was told if I back out of the Z06 I would have to go to the back of the line on the stingray list. Same goes the other way, can’t jump the line if your on the stingray and want a Z06.

Patiently awaiting March 21 on pricing

Reactions: CamsC8
My dealer has two lists and i was told if I back out of the Z06 I would have to go to the back of the line on the stingray list. Same goes the other way, can’t jump the line if your on the stingray and want a Z06.

Patiently awaiting March 21 on pricing
That's a stupid way of doing it. Why should someone else jump someone who has waited longer!

That's a stupid way of doing it. Why should someone else jump someone who has waited longer!
I agree that is a crazy way to handle it. The Z06 is a Corvette option and all orders should be processed by date received just like GM is processing them and manufacturing them. I doubt if GM will be differentiating in the allocation process. They all come off the same assembly line. Let's remember that many dealers are small unsophisticated businesses who may not have given this a lot of thought to this point.

Reactions: Murray20c8
I agree that is a crazy way to handle it. The Z06 is a Corvette option and all orders should be processed by date received just like GM is processing them and manufacturing them. I doubt if GM will be differentiating in the allocation process. They all come off the same assembly line. Let's remember that many dealers are small unsophisticated businesses who may not have given this a lot of thought to this point.
I don’t know, is the Z06 an option or a model? I think corvette has more or less become a brand with stingray, Z06, and ZR1 being models. It sucks that people who want stingrays May have to wait longer than some Z06 purchasers, but If that is how GM is distributing, then what’s a dealer to do?

I don’t know, is the Z06 an option or a model? I think corvette has more or less become a brand with stingray, Z06, and ZR1 being models. It sucks that people who want stingrays May have to wait longer than some Z06 purchasers, but If that is how GM is distributing, then what’s a dealer to do?
GM has said that they will not be having a separate wait list at the plant level. They have said that they will be producing what ever is ordered by dealers. I would suspect that dealers will continue to get allocations at the beginning of the month and the dealer has the freedom to fill their allocation with whatever they have on their own waitlist.

Newsflash. Stingray allocation and production will be affected by the Z06. If you are on a Stingray list, it is now going to take longer to get an allocation. Why is this so surprising? No one was expecting Z06 production, despite limitations, was going to be INCREMENTAL to existing production.

Newsflash. Stingray allocation and production will be affected by the Z06. If you are on a Stingray list, it is now going to take longer to get an allocation. Why is this so surprising? No one was expecting Z06 production, despite limitations, was going to be INCREMENTAL to existing production.
I hear that z06 production has been increased by 27% from 60 cars per day to 77 cars per day.

Reactions: RedVette70
How long will it take them to get to 77 cars per day . they’re building the engine on the side of the line . I find that number unachievable at this point in time . maybe by end of 2023 production . But will all have to hold our seats and see on that .
If it does . be pretty wild !!!! But so not fair to the stingray guys

How long will it take them to get to 77 cars per day . they’re building the engine on the side of the line . I find that number unachievable at this point in time . maybe by end of 2023 production . But will all have to hold our seats and see on that .
If it does . be pretty wild !!!! But so not fair to the stingray guys
they plan to hit 77 per day ASAP as per suppliers who have been instructed to provide 77 instead of 60 components per day as early as May 2nd. Looks like factory wants to have a 1 week supply of all parts on hand.

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 100 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.