Sep 12, 2011
Somerset, Kings County, Nova Scotia, Canada
VetteCoins
Car
2004 Coupe
My newly purchased 75 L82 Coupe has an aftermarket radio installed. What would you suggest to replace it that would look like the orig radio - even if it's aftermarket?

VV

30Aug11download031.jpg

We don't offer an exact replica of the original radio, but we have a factory look alike radio that has a digital readout and an iPod input jack. Accepts the factory tuning and volume knobs. More info here.

I would suugest the same. Soemthing that has the ability to connect an iPod would probably be helpful. Are you planning on upgrading the entire sound system or just the head unit?

Good question. The Vette arrives in my Ottawa driveway tomorrow so I've yet to do anything other than take it for quick test drive a month ago before buying it from a chap in Toronto. Depending on the sound, I might consider more than just the head unit BUT I'm not looking for the "WHUMP, WHUMP" of the beat to be hear five car lengths away - just want some clear and sharp tunes on an afternoon cruise:driving:

Suggestions?

VV

I'd go for the recommended head unit along with a set of 6.5" components for the doors and a single shallow mount MTX 10" sub. Only need a single 4 channel amp that will give about 50x2 for the front channels and maybe 200 for the sub and you'll be cruising with some very nice tunes that won't dominate your car and wake the neighbours

I'd go for the recommended head unit along with a set of 6.5" components for the doors and a single shallow mount MTX 10" sub. Only need a single 4 channel amp that will give about 50x2 for the front channels and maybe 200 for the sub and you'll be cruising with some very nice tunes that won't dominate your car and wake the neighbours

Thanks HA - that could give me something to do over the winter months. DDoor speaker seems to be on the fritz so there must be a wire askew somewhere on the present system - unless that channel is not presently working on the radio itself. :confused: Winter projects!!

VV

Thanks HA - that could give me something to do over the winter months. DDoor speaker seems to be on the fritz so there must be a wire askew somewhere on the present system - unless that channel is not presently working on the radio itself. :confused: Winter projects!!

VV

I'd suggest new speaker wire FOR SURE during this time. I would also dynamite the doors for FAR less road noise and way better sound!!

I'd suggest new speaker wire FOR SURE during this time. I would also dynamite the doors for FAR less road noise and way better sound!!

I recommend this mod to any car! It'll blow your doors off!:D

Thank you iPhone autocorrect for meating this such a farty reply!

Let us know what set up you go with VV.

I recommend this mod to any car! It'll blow your doors off!:D

Thank you iPhone autocorrect for meating this such a farty reply!

Let us know what set up you go with VV.

You stay tuned and between now and next spring, if Sanata is good to me (remembering that she just agreed for us to purchase the Vette) I'll let you know what the results are :D - or what the plan is as our garage is only heated during Ottawa's warm months... :(

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 100 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.