I cannot believe how icy it is here Keith. Even in 4 wheel drive the truck just barely made it up the hill the morning. Ironically I was going to get the snow tires installed.

Highway had been heavily salted and I agree the cruising season is over for us in Southern Ontario.:WillyNilly:

Our first snow here today. Roads are treacherous but we can't afford salt or sand anymore so 4x4 is the vehicle of the day.... calling for -20 tomorrow night so season 4 in Alberta is officially here... no miles on the C7 so no oil change but she's asleep in the man cave, stabilizer is in... leather and dash is treated, maintainer connected, cover on .... wax will come later when I don't still have a ton of things to do around the farm and just want to spend some quality time with her...

Finally got some snow in Saskatchewan but the season has been over for a while. I've very glad it gets too cold for them to salt the roads as it seems to destroy everything. However, it is a sand/salt mix but no where near as salty as out east.
Hoping for warmer temps and lots of snow so I have something to play in while the Corvette sleeps.

The calcium chloride brine is even worse than the road salt. it gets past the weather pack connector seals. Any bare copper wire corrodes away in no time. Brake lines rot away too. The beads on aluminum wheels take a real beating too. Ask the heavy truck mechanics about the damage it does to trucks that are on the road 24-7. The stuff should be banned.

Last edited:
True that Keith.... We use it here on the gravel roads to keep the dust down but it is nasty stuff. Every time it rains, it re-liquefies and ya just gotta love that spray. I have a mile of gravel to reach pavement and thank my lucky stars there is no CaCl2 on my road.... Surprisingly enough its used for a ton of things and you might be surprised at how much of it we actually eat..... yuuuuckkkkk.

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 100 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.