86C4

Casual User
May 29, 2014
VetteCoins
Car
1986 C4 Z51 coupe
Province
AB
So I recently found out one of the previous owners of the car gave a rear wheel a good smack and warped it.

So suggestions on what rim/tire combo to go to?

She's an 86, I was looking at going to the 17" With 275 40 like the 88's.

That is what I was wondering. Being new things the vette family I am learning the ways of the vette lol.

Graham,
Could you point me in the right direction, the local tire shops most often or not look like deer in headlights when their computers say that there is nothing for the car lol

I do not own a C4 but I believe the early C4's have different back spacing requirements than the later C4s..
I read it on the interweb so it must be true.
I have seen a lot of C4s with C5 wheels.. but I believe you may need adapters to do it correctly.
It was a popular thing to do when the C5s came out in the late 90s as an upgrade.
Spacers in excess of 3/16' thick are to be avoided if possible. (my thought).
Proper adapters can add to the cost. $$
There are a few C4 wheels that can be detailed, painted, polished, etc to make them look special.
I would try that route before using adapters or spacers.
my thoughts..
Maybe some of the C4 owners here can chime in with their thoughts.
I googled 'C5 wheels on a C4' and got many opinions and pictures and links to adapters and spacers...

graham

Last edited:
Thanks for the input guys! I went with an aftermarket rim and some goodyears. I will post pics next week.
Thanks again guys ,
Bryan

There it is pretty much like the rest of them lol

Thanks for the input again guys!

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    177.1 KB · Views: 37
Reactions: 12cents
Sorry, I win the Internet today...C6 Speedlines.......until someone puts C7 rims on theirs.

Just for clairity, 84-87 have different backspacing and require HUB ADAPTORS, not SPACERS, not the same thing. In the above, 19" rear has a 1.25" adaptor front 18" has nothing...'88 Z51

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 100 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.