Apr 23, 2021
VetteCoins
Car
2019 Z51
Province
ON
Hit a big pothole on the way back from Carlisle and put a crack in the rim. Thankfully it just showed up on the tire monitor near Hamilton so got it back home ok after a couple of top ups

Local rim shop is tig welding a repair that will serve at a minimum as a temp repair. I understand that the Z51 rims are forged as opposed to the GS/Z06 rims which are notorious for bending/cracking so I must have it a hell of a hole! The tig weld may be just fine but looking at options

Any suggestions on where to get a new OEM rim? Nothing on Kijiji and the price I found on OEMProParts.ca for a 20x10 forged aluminum 7 split spoke gloss black rim was $840

Thanks (posted on the other forum as well)

Hit a big pothole on the way back from Carlisle and put a crack in the rim. Thankfully it just showed up on the tire monitor near Hamilton so got it back home ok after a couple of top ups

Local rim shop is tig welding a repair that will serve at a minimum as a temp repair. I understand that the Z51 rims are forged as opposed to the GS/Z06 rims which are notorious for bending/cracking so I must have it a hell of a hole! The tig weld may be just fine but looking at options

Any suggestions on where to get a new OEM rim? Nothing on Kijiji and the price I found on OEMProParts.ca for a 20x10 forged aluminum 7 split spoke gloss black rim was $840

Thanks (posted on the other forum as well)
Yeah. That's pricey. Maybe post a wanted Ad i our classified section. Maybe you'll hit on someone with aftermarkets that have a whole set of OEM's for sale for a hot price.

Reactions: Bunny hop and Vern1
I am on my second set of rims for a 2019 GS and now have at least one bent again. At this rate a set of forged rims, even at a higher price, is better than replacing the cast aluminum rims frequently.
WOW! Have you given any thought to get rid of the run flats or have you?

WOW! Have you given any thought to get rid of the run flats or have you?
After bending the original set of Grand Sport rims, I swapped out the Michelin run flats for a set of Continental Extreme Contact - softer, non-run flat but require more air pressure. I run 99% of time in Tour and have the mag suspension. Ottawa roads are brutal. The Michelin RFs were fine in the front but rears had lost the tread :)

• Haha
Reactions: OL Yeller
There is a store in Florida that sells wheels in sets or singles. Worth a phone call:
Call with questions and to place orders
Thanks
Bob
House of Wheels

561-445-7606
The shipping to Canada is pretty costly and sometimes prohibitive. The way around this is to ship to a place near the border and then hope down to pick it up. There are need a US address type places near most border points.

Last edited:
Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 100 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.

Users who are viewing this thread