XFIRE82

Power User
Oct 24, 2014
VetteCoins
Province
SK
Anyone going to Red Deer swap next weekend ? I haven't been there in many years but good chance I will be there this time. A friend has a stall and I may even take some parts to try sell there .

I've never been and would like to go as I've heard a lot of good things about it. Take some pics of the more interesting things you find OR take some pics of some parts and see if we can guess what it is!

Anyone going to Red Deer swap next weekend ? I haven't been there in many years but good chance I will be there this time. A friend has a stall and I may even take some parts to try sell there .

It's my gf's birthday but if I tell her we are going for a run, she will be on board :D ...pm me and let me know if you do end up coming to Red Deer and I will try and connect for sure...

Hey all.... Red Deer Swap meet was a big success if the thousands of people there is any indication....I rolled in as an innocent looker about mid morning on Saturday and immediately started adding to my hoard of collectibles.... lol.... I'm such a lush.... Picked up an old cream separator, an old railroad field radio, and a pyrene brass fire extinguisher before I even made it into the main buildings. Then an old Addison bakelite Am radio, an old gas can, and some old license plates as I was wandering around inside.
Ran into XFIRE82 shortly after that which was a good thing as I has pretty much spent all the May grocery money by that point. I haven't got to meet too many forum members so jumped at the opportunity when Michael told me earlier that he was coming down from Krydor for the meet. All I had to watch for was his buddy Dave with the long blonde ponytail or XFIRE with the Kramer hat. As it was, Dave wasn't there so after getting into peoples faces and reading the writing on approximately 1346 hats,I found Michael. We had a great chat....Thanks Michael. I look forward to the next time we have the opportunity. Hopefully you can make the trip to Ponoka in two weeks. By the way. What was the going price on those tractor seats you sold?

Eric

Slow reply back here but no free time at this time of year for us farmers. Was good to meet you Eric. I had 3 seats but you came too late , all were nice shape @ 20 bucks each ( a few guys told me too cheap !! ) . I even sold a set of snow shoes there !!! My treasure that I picked up was a new old set of tripple lake pipes for my 58 and a CN train crossing bell to add to my shop collection of stuff. There was alot to see there as I was just blown away with all the stuff guys had 4 sale, as it's been years since I been to a meet that size. Even sold my 1930 model a 2 door going to BC . Virtually no Vette stuff that I seen, was disappointed . We were packed and out by 4:00 and I got home at 11:10pm .

Damn... I would have taken all three of them Michael. Way too many neat things you can build out of implement or tractor seats.... Ah well.... I snoozed and I loozed I guess....Maybe next time.... Good to hear you enjoyed the meet....

I'll see if I can find another seat someplace. I might have a extra saw blade or cream can too that I'll take next year if I go back there. I think that stuff sells easier than car parts !!

old saw blades are always in demand I have a smaller one but have been watching for a larger one. The big circular ones are hot now too... cream cans have fallen a bit out of favor here. They use to be pretty pricey but now we get them a lot cheaper. I have a large and a small on my man cave shelf.... but that doesn't mean I wouldnt consider more.... lol.....

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 100 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.