If you can remove 30lbs. of unsprung reciprocating weight off your car is that massive or just ok................not bad...................kinda alright.............you get the idea.

Tony
Tony, if your speaking about the wheels it would be the equivalent of about 150 lbs of unsprung weight. A tank of gas weights about 108 lbs.
How much of a difference can you tell when you drive your car with a passenger vs without? Lighter wheels take weight off of the suspension giving
you a better turn in feel to a corner with more precise steering. If your driving on the street it's going to be ok. If your on the track you will notice it.
On the current Z06 the $13,995 carbon fiber wheels save 41 lbs in unsprung weight and on a 2.5 mile road course lap saving 1 to 1.5 seconds a lap in
testing. It's a lot of money to replace one if it cracks when you hit a pothole as you cannot buy wheel and tire warranty on them. Same thing with
the Z07 Cup 2 tires. It's $10,344 for the option to get those tires which will save you another 1 second per lap but they will only last you 3 days on the
track before your into 4K for new ones.

Remove 10% and that probably matters...
Somebody would be driving on some super duper heavy wheels/tires to try and remove 300lbs. of unsprung weight. Wouldn't be you by any chance would it???
Tony, if your speaking about the wheels it would be the equivalent of about 150 lbs of unsprung weight. A tank of gas weights about 108 lbs.
How much of a difference can you tell when you drive your car with a passenger vs without? Lighter wheels take weight off of the suspension giving
you a better turn in feel to a corner with more precise steering. If your driving on the street it's going to be ok. If your on the track you will notice it.
On the current Z06 the $13,995 carbon fiber wheels save 41 lbs in unsprung weight and on a 2.5 mile road course lap saving 1 to 1.5 seconds a lap in
testing. It's a lot of money to replace one if it cracks when you hit a pothole as you cannot buy wheel and tire warranty on them. Same thing with
the Z07 Cup 2 tires. It's $10,344 for the option to get those tires which will save you another 1 second per lap but they will only last you 3 days on the
track before your into 4K for new ones.
Yes, kinda talking about both wheels and tires. I believe the Apex wheels I will be putting on my car soon are slightly lighter than the current RSR wheels that I'm driving on (which are lighter than the stock C7 ZR1 flow formed wheels by how much I don't know). The tires I will be mounting on the Apex wheels will be lighter than the RF tires I'm driving on now (calculated to be 30 lbs or so lighter total less weight from all 4 corners). So in reality probably losing 32-33lbs.??? going to the new wheel/tire setup over the current one.

If you can remove 30lbs. of unsprung reciprocating weight off your car is that massive or just ok................not bad...................kinda alright.............you get the idea.

Tony

Sorry, misread the post. Thought you were talking about reciprocal privileges like we had at my Golf and Country Club. If we went to another club to play, we would tell our friend Fat Pat (380 lbs) that he couldn't come because of their golf cart unsprung weight limit....

• Haha
Reactions: Paul C7 to C8
Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 100 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.