Mar 13, 2011
VetteCoins
I see it's a must to protect your radiators on the C8's . Ive read on the Z06 you need to remove the front bumper. That's if use the gm guards . the also have a company that use zip ties. so you don't have to take bumper off. Just wondering what members are using on there c8 z06. or what they would go with. Thank you

Scrape Armor is warranty approved. We have absolute crap consumer laws up here in Canada so if you install cheap Chinese screens and you have an engine fault, GM can and will blame them, void your warranty, and make you pay out of pocket for all expenses. I just had an engine put in my Escalade V and it cost a new BMW. Don’t be a cheap when you’re spending north of $200k and risk any warranty issues with your car.

You do realize that they cannot void your warranty for using after market radiator grills. Thats the silliest thing I have ever heard!
Scrape Armor is warranty approved. We have absolute crap consumer laws up here in Canada so if you install cheap Chinese screens and you have an engine fault, GM can and will blame them, void your warranty, and make you pay out of pocket for all expenses. I just had an engine put in my Escalade V and it cost a new BMW. Don’t be a cheap when you’re spending north of $200k and risk any warranty issues with your car.

Reactions: vinny's vette
Just order the 100$ ones from amazon (BILLFARO) and they are good to go. They cannot void warranty for that.

1. I was getting the paint chipping near the headlight fixed under warranty and had them install the Radiator Grills free of charge.
2. The dealer also broke my Corvette badge in the front, and replaced it with a new one and I asked them to just leave it off the car as I think it looks cleaner without it.
3. They were going to initially provide me a Nissan Sentra as a rental and I complained that I was going to start taking my car elsewhere and they ended up booking me a rental from Enterprise Luxury & Exotic for 3 days while repair was underway. They said GM will only reimburse them for a regular rental and they will cover the difference. Rental ran around $580 for the 3 days that was taken care of by the dealers bodyshop.

Attachments

• Screenshot 2024-03-04 at 3.31.12 AM.png
    Screenshot 2024-03-04 at 3.31.12 AM.png
    477.8 KB · Views: 0
  • Screenshot 2024-03-04 at 3.31.34 AM.png
    Screenshot 2024-03-04 at 3.31.34 AM.png
    698.7 KB · Views: 0
Not a matter of being cheap my point is for $1000 I'll just go without them not a necessity just nice to have , I traded my previous 3 C8's to GM dealers with " cheap" Chinese screens on them, none of them removed the screens before reselling them no concerns

Reactions: vinny's vette
Either one is a PITA, no way I'm paying $1000 for scrape armor ones

I've owned 3 C8 Stingray's before my Z06 and installed them on all of them for protection and looks
Thank you
thank you
I got the ones from Custom Car Grilles for my ERay. Decent price and they will ship to Canada. Now if only they would release and ship my ERay I could tell you how easy/difficult they are to install.
Thank you