Well....back home...2 feet of snow in Kalispell....that was a fun drive...lol

I had a great time !!! Thanks Mike.
20180218_181607.jpg
20180218_181209.jpg
20180218_181203.jpg
20180218_181040.jpg

Here’s a 1500 ton lift Mike. Ivory Coast in 2010.
Putting a new gas compressor package on the ship. Big V16 3500 HP Cat driver and 6 throw Ariel compressor.
It was a big lump to lift. These Scottish guys did an amazing job getting this and a few other big chunks on the ship. Not even a bump... it was very cool to be involved in this job.

View attachment 14674 View attachment 14675 View attachment 14676 View attachment 14677
Here it is in place. I’m just holding it down for the welders. Lol
That’s just incredible Derek. Wow !! So massive that material is.

I’ve seen that thing fly over Calgary approx 20 times over the years. There’s quite a few sites that show where it is and when it will fly over where you are. I’ve gone out to kananaskis country a few times to watch it and it’s always on schedule. Right to the minute. Very cool indeed,,,and fast!! 17,500 MPH.

Reactions: ddgermann
I’ve seen that thing fly over Calgary approx 20 times over the years. There’s quite a few sites that show where it is and when it will fly over where you are. I’ve gone out to kananaskis country a few times to watch it and it’s always on schedule. Right to the minute. Very cool indeed,,,and fast!! 17,500 MPH.

I'm going to have to look for the ICSS here in Asia. The iPhone app night skies will point it out. Thanks for the reminder Mike.
I have a NASA app on my Macbook that shows the live feeds off the ICSS and a re-runs of the cool stuff like dockings and EVAs. It has links to all kinds of cool stuff so I get watching the damn thing and realize I've burned away an hour often. So interesting.

NASA’s Eyes

I'm going to have to look for the ICSS here in Asia. The iPhone app night skies will point it out. Thanks for the reminder Mike.
I have a NASA app on my Macbook that shows the live feeds off the ICSS and a re-runs of the cool stuff like dockings and EVAs. It has links to all kinds of cool stuff so I get watching the damn thing and realize I've burned away an hour often. So interesting.

NASA’s Eyes
How far out to sea are you guys? I bet it must be pitch black out there. On a clear night.you'd probably see it from horizon to horizon.

Reactions: Black 03 Z06
How far out to sea are you guys? I bet it must be pitch black out there. On a clear night.you'd probably see it from horizon to horizon.

Not far on this ship Mike. Only about 11 miles from Madura island. However light pollution is minimal (except our own) and 3/4 of the horizon is clear to the water.
I’ll give it a look. I’ve got the time it passes over me here.

B83247F8-3394-48FD-923B-FA99440229C3.png

38B70D31-A1BE-48F4-94E6-B71361278047.png