Here's the 2 CF-18s that will be buzzing around Calgary tomorrow at approx 15:00 hrs. I was just chatting with one of the aircraft mechanics and he says they'll be winding them up about 14:30 hrs.
:bwindow:
So much for my rest and relaxation tomorrow in this small quiet town we call Calgary
:rofl:

Last year in Bowling Green, KY. Every Corvette fan should experience this museum. Long live the Corvette. Living the dream!!!

Attachments

• 20160629_170301.jpg
    20160629_170301.jpg
    580 KB · Views: 15
mmmmm.... that does look good Murray... Those look more like the wild blueberries we use to pick in NS. The only blueberries I see for sale around here are the giant farmed ones almost the size of a nickel... They don't taste near as good as the wild ones...

Reactions: MikeysZ06
No berries ripe yet around our way. We are usually the last spot in NA for berries to ripen. But by the looks of the bushes in our area it should be another good year. One of my favourite past-times is picking berries.

No berries ripe yet around our way. We are usually the last spot in NA for berries to ripen. But by the looks of the bushes in our area it should be another good year. One of my favourite past-times is picking berries.

12cents.. your berries will be ready in 1/2 hour after ours.
LOL
graham

I'm not 100% sure of all three of the orange/green aircraft but those are the colours of the water bombers in Newfoundland/Labrador. I am fairly certain I have seen two of those numbers (280 and 282) operating at home in the past. Those planes are wicked to see working. I had a front seat a few years ago fighting a forest fire in my home town. These guys were banking right over us after their runs; close enough to see the pilot! I never worked so hard in my life as that day stopping the fire reaching the houses.

I'm not 100% sure of all three of the orange/green aircraft but those are the colours of the water bombers in Newfoundland/Labrador. I am fairly certain I have seen two of those numbers (280 and 282) operating at home in the past. Those planes are wicked to see working. I had a front seat a few years ago fighting a forest fire in my home town. These guys were banking right over us after their runs; close enough to see the pilot! I never worked so hard in my life as that day stopping the fire reaching the houses.

You are correct 12cents. A few of these planes have Newfoundland flags at the top of the tail. I'll go up there again tomorrow and get a vid. These 6 have been here since mid April. I thought that they were here for maintenance and for the Alberta fire season but they haven't moved. The first one has elevated stands around both motors but like I said,they haven't flown all summer. Too bad cause they could use them in BC. And for those that don't know,these are workhorses. Built by the Canadair corporation. These are CL 216s. Old but reliable.

That is a pity Mikey. BC definitely could have used them and the crews if they had enough air space for them operate safely with all the other air craft that would have been active around a forest fire.

That is a pity Mikey. BC definitely could have used them and the crews if they had enough air space for them operate safely with all the other air craft that would have been active around a forest fire.

There's a big ski area near Banff called Sunshine Village that hosts guests year round. On the radio today it said they've booted everybody out and are using the lodge area as a base for Helicopter operations for some of the fires along the Alberta/BC border. There's a few small alpine lakes that water is being plucked out of but nothing big enough for any fixed wing AC. I think most of the airplane Ops are further into the interior,near the Okananogan.

Been really smoky in Red Deer these last few days... Feeling sorry for anyone with asthma or other respiratory problems.... Does make for interesting sunrise pictures though...

DSCN6321.JPG

Users who are viewing this thread