This is my father in a 2013 ZR1 at the 2013 Calgary auto show.

YES do hang on to that picture. You've done your "plan b" with it being etched on this forum now too ...

I'll post this picture with a tremendous respect for my Dad's preference to always "rent a wreck".
The photo is of a olive green station wagon wreck from "Rent a Wreck" (complete with spider webs)
from my 1976 memoirs of Honolulu for our family of 6 to "enjoy". (4 adults and 2 kids)
Needless to say I wore my sunglasses a lot ....
I blocked out Dad as, although he has passed, it was always his intent to leave no footprints.
(no worries Dad, nobody asks why ... ;))

rentawreckhawaii1976.jpg

Last edited:
YES do hang on to that picture. You've done your "plan b" with it being etched on this forum now too ...

I'll post this picture with a tremendous respect for my Dad's preference to always "rent a wreck".
The photo is of a olive green station wagon wreck from "Rent a Wreck" (complete with spider webs)
from my 1976 memoirs of Honolulu for our family of 6 to "enjoy". (4 adults and 2 kids)
Needless to say I wore my sunglasses a lot ....
I blocked out Dad as, although he has passed, it was always his intent to leave no footprints.
(no worries Dad, nobody asks why ... ;))

View attachment 8650
Almost looks like my first car at 16.

Train fans? Quilt Fans? Corvette Fans all types of fans Mike.

That 5931 is a beautiful engine, wish it was not sitting outside in the elements. Built by Montreal Locomotive Works this Selkirk was a 2-10-4 drive wheel arrangement. It handled freight and passenger service between Calgary and Revelstoke through some pretty tough terrain. The first run of engines was started in July of 1929 and apparently only two of these Selkirk monsters survived.

Hopefully Steamer (Rob) will join in I am sure he knows more about it than I do.

Great pictures Mike and I thank you for posting them up.:thumbs:

Reactions: MikeysZ06
Train fans? Quilt Fans? Corvette Fans all types of fans Mike.

That 5931 is a beautiful engine, wish it was not sitting outside in the elements. Built by Montreal Locomotive Works this Selkirk was a 2-10-4 drive wheel arrangement. It handled freight and passenger service between Calgary and Revelstoke through some pretty tough terrain. The first run of engines was started in July of 1929 and apparently only two of these Selkirk monsters survived.

Hopefully Steamer (Rob) will join in I am sure he knows more about it than I do.

Great pictures Mike and I thank you for posting them up.:thumbs:

Thank you Murray for that quick little bit of data on that 5931. That engine is huge !! They just finished a year and a bit restoration on those 2 engines not long ago if I recall. Quite an impressive machine to say the least. As well, there's a black plaque on the right side of it from the Montreal locomotive Works factory but didn't show in the other pic. I'll have to go back a little later when the sun comes around and snap a shot of it. It's been 20 years since I've been in this park. Might do a little tourist stuff myself soon.

Reactions: Black 03 Z06

Users who are viewing this thread