Power User
Jan 11, 2009
Saska-ba-toon!
VetteCoins
Car
2000 Z51
Province
SK
Do you guys think we appreciate our cars more than the people in the south because we only get to use them for half the year, or do you think we would appreciate them more and spend more on them because if we could drive them all year then we could justify extra expenses as they are not just a summer toy?

You know, on average, I think we get about 6 months of driving time exactly. The cars can come out mid April but a lot of years that is pushing it and they normally go back into storage...mid October? But we can sometimes maybe have them out until mid November.

Absence makes the heart grow fonder .

The Roman poet Sextus Propertius gave us the earliest form of this saying in Elegies:

"Always toward absent lovers love's tide stronger flows."

The love for our cars is so much greater becuase they are't an everday event :D

Last edited:
I think we appreciate them more in the areas that put our cars away.
Sure gives you something to day-dream about.
I usually try to maximize my on road time, from the end of March, roads permitting until early December.
There have been many days in this minimal winter when I could have driven the Vette. Removing the insurance was the only thing that stopped me.

Now on the other hand, I sure wouldn't mind trying to live in an area where I could Golf & drive my Vette all year long.:D

The older I get the more I dislike winter.:canada:

Do you guys think we appreciate our cars more than the people in the south because we only get to use them for half the year, or do you think we would appreciate them more and spend more on them because if we could drive them all year then we could justify extra expenses as they are not just a summer toy?

I'm sure we do appreciate them more having not driven for the winter months but I would gladly sacrifice a little appreciation for more 'vette weather.:D

I'd probably spend the same whether driven half or all year.

C.

I don't think one appreciates the vette any less if you could drive year round.
I know when I was in England and and had my big Austin Healey, I sure enjoyed it year
round.[g].
Despite Manny's poetic ramble, I think we're just rationalizing !!
The lack of snow,and quite relatively warm temps, I think makes it harder to wait.
My 2 cents!
Tony

I usually have a lot of time off in the winter so I head for the lower states with the car .This year work is interfering with pleasure and the withdrawal has been terrible .
At my age I don't enjoy cold and snow .Plowing snow really sucks ,it should be womens work .[ I'd rather take it up the azz by a polar bear then plow snow]

Yes I appreciate the car more this year and April 1st she will come out .

Yesterday, I had to take my car back to dealership body shop to get the unfinished business done from the rear ender months ago. I have never been that car guy before, but what a feeling it was just driving that Vette for the 5 Mins, I truley apprecaite the car greatly and can't wait until spring. I almost had to more work done to car, I'm at an intersection, the light turns green, I hesitate and look both ways (Cautious because of the previous accident) , start to head forward slowly and a car blows though the red light and passes within 5' of my hood, they didn't even see me. Anyways, love my Vette, bring on the warm Weather. Cheers

:eek:

Yesterday, I had to take my car back to dealership body shop to get the unfinished business done from the rear ender months ago. I have never been that car guy before, but what a feeling it was just driving that Vette for the 5 Mins, I truley apprecaite the car greatly and can't wait until spring. I almost had to more work done to car, I'm at an intersection, the light turns green, I hesitate and look both ways (Cautious because of the previous accident) , start to head forward slowly and a car blows though the red light and passes within 5' of my hood, they didn't even see me. Anyways, love my Vette, bring on the warm Weather. Cheers

:eek:

Wow, that was close -- Defensive driving these days is a must -- one never knows what to expect.

Kudos for being wary.

C.

Why don't you tell us what you really think about snow?:D

Myself, I like snow, I just really hate the cold.

This is a family oriented forum so I really shouldn't say how I feel about the snow.
Suffice it to say that I want it gone.

I worship the sun, the warmth, and true 'vette weather.

The winter is just one big struggle. (and 'waiting game') -- tho this winter has been a walk so far. :D

C.

spring soon please

just put some air in the tires yesterday and checked the CTek, cant wait til spring - might have to pull her out end of March, she is gettin cabin fever

I like all the seasons as well but indeed I plan on getting her on the road on average of 8 months per yr - Apr til Nov - too nice in Southern Ontario.

BTW - I put 40 psi in my tires as recommended in the winter storage thread - what is the ideal for normal ops - as per the placard on the door - 30 psi ?

Duff

just put some air in the tires yesterday and checked the CTek, cant wait til spring - might have to pull her out end of March, she is gettin cabin fever

I like all the seasons as well but indeed I plan on getting her on the road on average of 8 months per yr - Apr til Nov - too nice in Southern Ontario.

BTW - I put 40 psi in my tires as recommended in the winter storage thread - what is the ideal for normal ops - as per the placard on the door - 30 psi ?

Duff

My sticker says 30 also but I go with 35 for a little better ware and mileage.
My bro's preference on his C6 is 30.

C.

I only know I'm suffering from Cabin Fever ,light deprivation and I'm getting just plain squirrelly.My wife is in Beijing till August 30th when she comes back the house maybe sold and I'll be in Costa Rica .Yes I'll take the Vett and the dog.

I agree with CCO about the four seasons .

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for at least 100 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.