Featured Thread
Nov 12, 2009
New Brunswick
VetteCoins
Car
2006 C6
My nephews daughter graduated from high school, and their school is just a stones throw and to the back of an arena complex. They have a yearly graduation prom parade using all modes of transportation.
My nephew had asked me last summer if it was possible for him to use my car to drive his daughter and date to the school entrance from the parade route.
I had agreed that we would take the roof off, he would drive, and they could sit on the"B" pillar for the 1 KM parade route
I drove the 2 hours from home, cleaned up the bugs from the front end, and had it all shined up when they arrived at the complex.
I had not seen the parade route prior to, but when I got there early, I soon learned that it was going to be a short, but slow go.
Long story, I asked my nephew if his daughters prom date would like to drive the car in the parade. (being a 6sp auto) helped as he said he could not drive a stick. He was over the moon for sure.
The parade went without a hitch, and they were all thankful for getting to use my C6 for the event.

Here are a few pics.

Toad I'm letting you take care of my car , I wrote down the tire pressures and stuff in the glove compartment, remember only 30 weight castrol oil...........

I'll love and protect this car till the parade is over !!!

Last edited:
Reactions: thomigun
Now that’s a Prom to remember. Great pics and excellent idea with the cars. Thanks for sharing this story.
For sure. There was some awesome cars there. Old muscle cars for sure, old caddy's, limos...about 200 cars in all. Every graduate had a ride. I didn't get many pics of the other cars however, too busy gossipping with my 2 sisters, and other relatives.
One before the parade started. Cars were lined up 6-7 wide

Last edited:
Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 100 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.