Aug 4, 2012
ontario
VetteCoins
Car
1980 and 2015
Province
ON
I have a question.
I have a friend who got his 2015 Z06 at Wilson Niblet in June of 2015. That same day he put a deposit on a C8. He picked up his 2020 C8 from WN in April of 2020. That same day he put down a deposit on a C8 Z06.
He still doesn’t have the car.
I would have thought that with all the new Z06’s that I have seen on the road around here in Souther Ontario, the he would have had his car by now?
Any thoughts?

Are you “the friend” ;)
As far as I know WN is pretty transparent on the waitlist, I think they had around 10 delivered already. I went in there Jan 2020 to put down a deposit on C8 stingray and heard they already had some ppl on the Z06 waitlist.

Ya, Jeff is cool. If your friend asks him, he'll get an honest answer. Z06's are a lot fewer than Stingrays and since they are so new it is quite likely it takes a while. If he knows what number he is/was on their list he should gather some idea as they have received at least 11 so far.

I have a question.
I have a friend who got his 2015 Z06 at Wilson Niblet in June of 2015. That same day he put a deposit on a C8. He picked up his 2020 C8 from WN in April of 2020. That same day he put down a deposit on a C8 Z06.
He still doesn’t have the car.
I would have thought that with all the new Z06’s that I have seen on the road around here in Souther Ontario, the he would have had his car by now?
Any thoughts?
the date of when your friend got on the list for the Z06 doesn't tell us how many people are on the list before him. Wilson Niblett got 11 z06s for the entire 2023, and 2 allocations for 2024 Z06 so far. Your friend should talk to his dealer and find out more but I hear Wilson Niblett does not tell their customers where they are on their list.

Reactions: banjo
Was your friend ever given a number of where he started on the list?
I don’t think so. I’ve suggested several times that he call his salesman and he alway does, but he doesn’t seem to learn anything. Several months ago he was asked to finalize his order, which led me to think he was close. But nothing since then.
By way of an explanation, in about 1992 he had a Corvette ZR1 and wasn’t happy with it, sold it and bought another well known brand which he really liked and owned many of those cars over the years. In 2014 he followed along with my almost year long experience of getting my C7. As a result he decided to try Corvettes again. I just want him to remain in our “Corvette family”.
Also I’m really just trying to learn about the system for myself.

the date of when your friend got on the list for the Z06 doesn't tell us how many people are on the list before him. Wilson Niblett got 11 z06s for the entire 2023, and 2 allocations for 2024 Z06 so far. Your friend should talk to his dealer and find out more but I hear Wilson Niblett does not tell their customers where they are on their list.
You are absolutely correct. I just assumed that, since he got on the list so soon after the C8’s arrived he would be near the top of the list. I also thought that Wilson Nibblett was the top Corvette dealer in the country and would have enough allocations that he should have gotten his car by now.
I alsothink you are correct when you say WN doesn’t tell their customers where they are on the list.
My only experience in the system was when I ordered my C7. I had a smaller town dealer who didn’t even have any allocation when I ordered my car. And it turned out my car was the only one they got in 2015.
So far I can’t convince myself to get back on the merry go round.
Thanks for your reply.

You are absolutely correct. I just assumed that, since he got on the list so soon after the C8’s arrived he would be near the top of the list. I also thought that Wilson Nibblett was the top Corvette dealer in the country and would have enough allocations that he should have gotten his car by now.
I alsothink you are correct when you say WN doesn’t tell their customers where they are on the list.
My only experience in the system was when I ordered my C7. I had a smaller town dealer who didn’t even have any allocation when I ordered my car. And it turned out my car was the only one they got in 2015.
So far I can’t convince myself to get back on the merry go round.
Thanks for your reply.
Wilson Niblett is 1 of top 2 Canadian corvettes dealers by volume, I say top 2 and not top 3 as #3 gets significantly less allocations than top 2.

1WILSON–NIBLETT MOTORS LIMITEDRICHMOND HILL, Ontario106
2BRIAN CULLEN MOTORS LTD.ST. CATHARINES, Ontario104
3BILL SPENCER CHEVROLET LTD.COBOURG, Ontario74

Wilson Niblett is 1 of top 2 Canadian corvettes dealers by volume, I say top 2 and not top 3 as #3 gets significantly less allocations than top 2.

1WILSON–NIBLETT MOTORS LIMITEDRICHMOND HILL, Ontario106
2BRIAN CULLEN MOTORS LTD.ST. CATHARINES, Ontario104
3BILL SPENCER CHEVROLET LTD.COBOURG, Ontario74
I live very close to Brian Cullen. They were who discouraged me from getting a C8 in 2020. They told me they had allocation for 85 cars and deposits for 200 and since they didn’t think they would even get their 85 cars, my wait could be three years. I returned home, looked in my garage and saw the two beauties I already have and decided they were all I really needed.
Occasionally I start to weaken but nothing yet.
Thank you for your reply.

I live very close to Brian Cullen. They were who discouraged me from getting a C8 in 2020. They told me they had allocation for 85 cars and deposits for 200 and since they didn’t think they would even get their 85 cars, my wait could be three years. I returned home, looked in my garage and saw the two beauties I already have and decided they were all I really needed.
Occasionally I start to weaken but nothing yet.
Thank you for your reply.
their wait times are currently 18 months for stingray

@banjo Spring 2020 deposit would have put him around spot 20-22, they've received around 12-14 allocations so far. He's probably got another 6-10 months to go if I were to guess.
Thank you, now I can stop bugging him to call the dealer. I think he kind of wanted an Anniversary year car.
I was convinced something strange was going on. See, I learned something.
Hopefully he’ll get it next Spring and not this fall resulting in having to immediately put it in winter storage and look at it all winter.
Thanks again to all who helped.

my deposit timing was about the same as your friend's and I just took delivery of my Z06.
However the timing of the deposit is not related to delivery dates.
As the others have noted above, it is all about allocation to your dealer and where you "stand" in that dealers "waiting list".
My production date was the week of July 10th, so near the end of 2023 production.
Hopefully when your # come sup there will be fewer constraints than when I made my order.
PS.................. totally worth the wait

Reactions: banjo
An update here. No car yet. My friend just reminded me that he ordered a bucket full of Carbon Fibre, interior and exterior. I had forgotten that so this may be an ah ha moment.

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 100 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.