This is a mobile optimized page that loads fast, if you want to load the real page, click this text.

Polished Wheels

The wheels and tires turned out to be in excellent condition. Like xlr8r, I gave the fronts and backs of the wheels a clean up and a couple of coats of wax for additional protection. It`s not like they will be run in the salt.

You park outside?

You bet! Doesn't that make you want to throw up in your mouth just a little bit? To make myself feel better I have a Storm Proof cover that goes on the car. I wash it, put the cover on, even if it rains a lot, I take the cover off and it looks just as good as when I put the cover on.

I just don't feel comfortable leaving it jacked up outside but if I'm quick, and it's nice out, I'm sure cleaning one wheel at a time will work fine. Some sun, some suds, some music and claying/polishing/waxing should be fun. I want those barrels to shine!

What about winter? I'd be devastated to park the black beauty outdie regularly, man!

Never heard of a storm-proof cover. is it protective from hail too?

BTW, can you buy clay bars at Canadian Tire, Wal-Mart, or another big-box store? I think I might try the Zaino treatment sometime in August.:coolgleam:

**** Off Topic Section***

Good Morning!

I park the cars indoors over winter. I would hate the thought as well of keeping the cars outside in the snow. The storm proof cover is more just for rain. It is water proof (not just a coating) and extremely breathable so it doesn't trap moisture. I found hail covers but have not purchased one yet. You can't believe how much I am looking forward to having a garage one day. That will take a lot of stress off of owning the car.

These are the hail car covers I am looking at. So far this summer has been ok. A lot of rain without the hail. HailBlankets - The Ultimate Car Cover - About Us

*** Back to on topic***

You can buy clay bars at Canadian Tire. I bought Mothers Clay bar system. Zaino also sells clay bars as well so if you're going to go the Zaino route, I would just get everything from them.

Post up your results once you Zaino your car. I'd love to hear your impression.

Wow :coolgleam: polishing? Carl likes Chrome Carls green Roadster has strange Magnesium rims... Carl will be getting C5 Z06 chromes... Car has new Michelins... no more hot cars and no polishing wheels.....