Jul 27, 2023
Stratford, ON
VetteCoins
Car
2023 Corvette C8
Province
ON
What do you guys think of chrome wheels on a C8? Personally, I think they look great! I am thinking about buying a set of take off base wheels and using them as an exchange towards a set of chromes.

Attachments

• IMG_4491.jpeg
    IMG_4491.jpeg
    184.6 KB · Views: 102
  • IMG_4490.jpeg
    IMG_4490.jpeg
    110.1 KB · Views: 56
I did just that in so much as I purchased a complete set of take offs to ship out to chrome, then, I had my car polished including the wheels and the barrels and face and they look chrome now - almost. Point being here if you can keep the factory silver super clean which is very easy to do , you can keep what you have now and maybe spend part of that $ on having them ceramic coated. Now it's hardly any effort at all to keep them looking shiny and new. Personally, I'm all for chrome , but I'm also all for factory as well. It's a fantastic look having factory 5 spoke chromed. It is extremely easy to want something else when what you is already ideal as it is ... lol

Foose wheels

Reactions: KTJF
I've never been a fan of chrome anywhere on a car. I've always prefered the muted look of painted silver or aluminum rims.
I guess it's because I prefer not to be to over the top. That said, the chrome does look nice on a silver or grey car.

Reactions: 1st Vette
As my 20 yr old daughter basically put it, "if you collect Canada Pension then no one will be surprised if you put chrome wheels on your C8"
That's an excellent line. I am old, I love chrome anything and hate black wheels of any kind. They look like someone hit them with a can of Tremclad. Just my opinion.

Reactions: Cannonball Rally
What do you guys think of chrome wheels on a C8? Personally, I think they look great! I am thinking about buying a set of take off base wheels and using them as an exchange towards a set of chromes.
It seems to be very much age related. I personally like the factory chrome wheels that you could order on the C7 and the C7 seemed to lend itself to chrome wheels. I ordered them on all three of my C7s. However, the C8 doesn't look like a chrome wheels car so I ordered the optional Trident wheels and am very happy with them. Maybe it is my imagination but some cars seem to suit chrome wheels better than others.
Durham Rally 4 (2).jpg
DWG_4604 (2).JPG
DWG_5244.JPG

Reactions: 12cents
Chrome wheels on contemporary Vettes certainly enjoy a following and are really popular with many older owners. If you like them, enjoy the experience, it is a pretty subjective decision.

Reactions: Bixter44
Honestly, why do you care what I think? You like ‘em them you should get ‘em! As has been said previously, by Jack I think, why care what a bunch of randoms on the internet think?

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 100 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.