The wheels and tires turned out to be in excellent condition. Like xlr8r, I gave the fronts and backs of the wheels a clean up and a couple of coats of wax for additional protection. It`s not like they will be run in the salt.

You park outside?:confused:

You bet! Doesn't that make you want to throw up in your mouth just a little bit? To make myself feel better I have a Storm Proof cover that goes on the car. I wash it, put the cover on, even if it rains a lot, I take the cover off and it looks just as good as when I put the cover on.

I just don't feel comfortable leaving it jacked up outside but if I'm quick, and it's nice out, I'm sure cleaning one wheel at a time will work fine. Some sun, some suds, some music and claying/polishing/waxing should be fun. I want those barrels to shine!

You bet! Doesn't that make you want to throw up in your mouth just a little bit? To make myself feel better I have a Storm Proof cover that goes on the car. I wash it, put the cover on, even if it rains a lot, I take the cover off and it looks just as good as when I put the cover on.

I just don't feel comfortable leaving it jacked up outside but if I'm quick, and it's nice out, I'm sure cleaning one wheel at a time will work fine. Some sun, some suds, some music and claying/polishing/waxing should be fun. I want those barrels to shine!

What about winter? I'd be devastated to park the black beauty outdie regularly, man!

Never heard of a storm-proof cover. is it protective from hail too?

BTW, can you buy clay bars at Canadian Tire, Wal-Mart, or another big-box store? I think I might try the Zaino treatment sometime in August.:coolgleam::eek::D

**** Off Topic Section***

Good Morning!

I park the cars indoors over winter. I would hate the thought as well of keeping the cars outside in the snow. The storm proof cover is more just for rain. It is water proof (not just a coating) and extremely breathable so it doesn't trap moisture. I found hail covers but have not purchased one yet. You can't believe how much I am looking forward to having a garage one day. That will take a lot of stress off of owning the car.

These are the hail car covers I am looking at. So far this summer has been ok. A lot of rain without the hail. HailBlankets - The Ultimate Car Cover - About Us

*** Back to on topic***

You can buy clay bars at Canadian Tire. I bought Mothers Clay bar system. Zaino also sells clay bars as well so if you're going to go the Zaino route, I would just get everything from them.

Post up your results once you Zaino your car. I'd love to hear your impression.

Wow :coolgleam: polishing? :eek: Carl likes Chrome :D Carls green Roadster has strange Magnesium rims... Carl will be getting C5 Z06 chromes... Car has new Michelins... no more hot cars and no polishing wheels.....

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 100 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.