Starting at the front of the LowRider , he got some bullets on either side of the front plate that match the wheel centers , looks like a california front bumper , tube grill , chev emblem removed from the hood , top front fender ornaments gone , wipers are gone , shaved door handles and locks , no door mirrors , Impala script , cross flags and lower finger ornaments removed from rear quarters .

Reactions: Black 03 Z06

Reactions: XFIRE82 and 12cents

...........The paddy wagon Suburban is no newer than 1950 cause it has a one piece door glass ( no vent window ). It has a visor and the rare Suburban body side moldings.

The Custom paint lowered 58 Impala , again we see the top fender ornaments removed....wonder why so many guys took them off as I kinda like them on there. The lower rear quarter finger moldings are removed as well the script and V off the trunk lid. The trunk lock might still be there but hard to see in the graffic artwork right there. The center reverse light has been replaced by a red tail light . Before chrome reverse wheels and mags came to be, it was very popular to use flipper hubcaps, these are Dodge Lancers which were commonly used, wide whites on red rims. Looks like the 58 Impala steering wheel has the top 1/2 of the horn ring removed making it look like the 59/60 Impala wheel. Tachometer on the column and a custom radio in the dash. I see no aerials on the car either. Dual pipes straight back tucked under the 3 piece bumper. And hiding just in front of the rocker panel molding we see a capped header pipe .

.......well I'm no Corvette expert , with seeing the new 57 Chev in the showroom we can safely say it is late 56 or 57 when the pic was taken. The wheels on the Vette came out in 56 but seen on 57's as well. The round bezels under the headlights are not stock . Zora had a bullet shaped head rest behind the driver in the 57 SS , but I never seen this big one before that appears to have a locking door on the side. The windshield is custom, and overall I guess this baby was built for speed. I think below the crossflags it says Fuel Injection , so this has got to be a special 1957 Corvette .

Don't you just love tuck 'n roll upholstery ? California car plates and the one piece bumpers confirm it is a california built car. Stock body with fender skirts, dual door mirrors and all moldings. Only thing he changed was swapped the reverse lights out for red tail lights. 2 tone paint , and really have to look close but there are very fine pin stripes above the headlights and around the hood and trunk emblems which are same color as the top. Looks like chrome reverse wheels with baby moons and wide whites. Oh, the garnish moldings are chromed also all around the interior. V8 car , my guess a pair of Walker Blue Swingers or Hush Thrush barking out the back pipes.

I thought of white for mine but changed my mind, hope mine turns out as sharp as this V8 car . Now is it my eyes or the shadows and light in the pic ? , but the chrome moldings, bumpers , door mirror, handles, wheels etc are all painted black. The body and moldings are all stock with the exception of the windshield wipers are removed. Paper on the windshield might be a for sale listing the info ?

Last edited:
Reactions: Jeremiad
Taking a second look at the white DelRay on another screen here, this one isn't as black but now I can see a exhaust pipe all along the rocker exiting exhaust in front of the back tire. It kinda looks he has a exhaust cutout right behind the front tire and that makes sense cause the factory pipe runs like that and turns under the floor board where the long flat muffler sits. So cutout closed then the fumes make the turn and go through the muffler and out the tail pipe. Open the cutout which is controlled manually by a cable and the exhaust goes to the straight pipe and out by the back tire for that unsilenced bark. We recently talked about the controlled exhaust sound in the newer Vettes and I mentioned this old setup, well here it is I think. And if I'm wrong ( cause I can't see more under the car ), then this 58 is running straight pipes....good for him !!!

I thought of white for mine but changed my mind, hope mine turns out as sharp as this V8 car . Now is it my eyes or the shadows and light in the pic ? , but the chrome moldings, bumpers , door mirror, handles, wheels etc are all painted black. The body and moldings are all stock with the exception of the windshield wipers are removed. Paper on the windshield might be a for sale listing the info ?

I quite like the look of this car! I've never been a huge fan of chrome (it has it's place, but is often overdone), and I do appreciate that all of this trim remains but that it is black. It's different, and I like the way it looks on this car!

• Agree
Reactions: 12cents

........One cool dude in his 58 Bel Air sport coupe. Slightly lowered , custom grill , side moldings removed , top front fender ornaments gone , dual dummy spot lights , looks like American Racing wheels with tri bar spinners , almost looks like fun fur in the back window deck ? , expensive custom paint job , from the look of those pipes I'd say she is a flame thrower too.