Come spring my Stingray plate will be VANGUARD - it is on my truck now and will be transferred. I kinda think the last definition option is appropriate - a rocket! :)

vanguard
[van-gahrd]
noun
- the foremost division or the front part of an army; advance guard; van.
- the forefront in any movement, field, activity, or the like.
- the leaders of any intellectual or political movement.
( initial capital letter ) Rocketry . a U.S. three-stage, satellite-launching rocket, the first two stages powered by liquid-propellant engines and the third by a solid-propellant engine.

On the 'very first day' that personalized plates where available in Ontario back in the early-mid 80's, I stood 'second' in line at the Peterborough office and ordered 'BAD Z28' plates for my 1980 Camaro Z28. No internet access to the MOT in those days so you had to place your order in person. No longer have the car but still have the plates. Cost was $100.

In 2010 I ordered my first Cadillac CTS, salesman got me new plates as the ones on my trade-in had seen better days. Ended up with a such a weird combination of numbers and letters that to this day I have difficulty remembering it. In 2014 I ordered a new 2015 CTS, kept the same plates. Learned through that winter that the 2015 CTS was even worse in snow than my 2010 so in the fall of 2015 I ordered a new 2016 Chevy Equinox as my 'winter clunker'. Fearing I would end up with another plate that I could never remember I opted for personalized plates again. After some thought I ordered 'all number' plates for both vehicles, first four digits being a specific number and the fifth digit being the vehicle number.
1548684412955.jpeg

The 2016 Equinox is now a 2018 XT5 (winter clunker) while this past summer the 2015 CTS transformed into a 2019 Z51 2LT (summer clunker). The first day my daughter saw the plates she immediately realized the significance of the first four digits she stated that come the day that I can't remember my licence plate numbers she is not only going to have them take my drivers licence away, she going to have me put into a home. Now comes the real kicker, what was $100 for plates in the 80's, three years ago became $300 a plate and today is $310.

Only good news I suppose is that I still have access to plate numbers ####3 thru ####9, that's 7 more toys guys, here's hoping my wife hasn't realized that yet.

I received my factory "order number" from the dealer today so I can arrange for a buyers tour and/or photo album coordinated through NCM.

Cobra

So I wrote NCM in an effort to obtain details relative to the currently closed "buyers tour" and "photo album" experience. This is the reply that I received today........

"The buyer's tour and photo album programs remain unavailable. A date of reopening for Plant tours has not been determined. It will be at GM's discretion as to when they resume. Keep an eye on the website or subscribe to NCM eNews if you're not already for the latest updates."

There could be a number of reasons for the suspension of this program being, economical, health and safety, liability and protection of intellectual property just to name a few.

Does anyone think that the suspension could be related to the upcoming C8? I see it as possible they're recalibrating/programing and is it even possible to run C7's and C8's at the same time on the production line?

Cobra :Confused5:

Last edited:
So I wrote NCM in an effort to obtain details relative to the currently closed "buyers tour" and "photo album" experience. This is the reply that I received today........

"The buyer's tour and photo album programs remain unavailable. A date of reopening for Plant tours has not been determined. It will be at GM's discretion as to when they resume. Keep an eye on the website or subscribe to NCM eNews if you're not already for the latest updates."

There could be a number of reasons for the suspension of this program being, economical, health and safety, liability and protection of intellectual property to name just a few.

Does anyone think that he suspension could be related to the upcoming C8? I see it possible they're retooling, and is it even possible to run C7's and C8's at similar time s on the production line?

Cobra :Confused5:

Cobra, I would lean towards this being them keeping the C8 under wraps.
This has been and is a popular thing for new corvette buyers that is great in building and retaining the relationship with buyers so I would expect it to resume as soon as the C8 is running through the line. The restricted access to the assembly process and calibration is very believable to me. Unfortunate for the late C7 buyers, but you should be able to take advantage of this program next time when they are building your new C8.
😀

Reactions: Cobravenomous
Glad I didn't - too easy for people to memorize in case I do something stupid, like pass them on the hwy. at a ridiculous speed - LOL.

Don't quote me on this but I would venture that police can't actually ticket you based on someone just saying you were speeding. No proof. Even a dash cam isnt proof of your actual speed. Now, reckless driving, stunting or donuts, or burnouts on a cam would likely be a different matter. JMO

• Agree
Reactions: Cobravenomous
Re: NCM plant tour closures"....I’m just throwing this out there....
Rumours existed a while ago about Cadillacs also being built at the B.G. Plant...!
I suspect there may be truth to that.
That would be a big deal. A couple of the Caddy vehicles contain Corvette powertrains and other similar parts.
Discuss.!

Graham

Oh, I forgot, the $75.00 fee for the personalized plate here in SK is a one time only charge. You could almost change it up every month 😁😁😁😁😁. Also, no such thing as luxury tax here, no matter how expensive the car is, and unlike BC, SGI has to insure you......gotta love SK 😁

Reactions: ddgermann
My Wife’s C7 ... Real Gone ...
"Being absent from normal concerns with behavior in a way that is cool and outrageous in a hip way"
and in part from the song Real Gone “... I’m American made, Bud Light, Chevrolet ...”
F3CD3098-49B8-490D-88AC-DAA61F80BB99.jpeg

Last edited:
I looked at QWIK Z06 and other similar options and they were all taken. Wanted Z06 LT4, but that was already gone too. Looked at Z06 LBR (Long Beach Red) but everybody would think those were my initials, so I didn't go for it (ha ha)..........so Z06 SC.......is it.View attachment 23150View attachment 23151

My personalized plates came in the other day........so bring on spring and delivery of my car! ;)

IMG_1864.JPG

My personalized plates came in the other day........so bring on spring and delivery of my car! ;)

View attachment 23437
Since I did the engine build experience in 2016 for my Z06 I went with Greg Built LT4. I am from Montreal originally and you cannot buy vanity plates in Quebec so very cool we can in Ontario. My 1997 Camaro SS has plate N 2 CRS and I am in to cars.

Attachments

• GBILTLT4 PLATE.jpg
    GBILTLT4 PLATE.jpg
    181.8 KB · Views: 17
Well, I was planning on getting a personalized plate but I did not. Since this thread is for personalized plates I probably shouldn't post here but...

Here's the plate SGI gave me when I walked out of the dealership...

IMG_2163.PNG

I just started laughing and decided to keep this one. This has to be providence !! haha

Reactions: ddgermann
hey one of you Mod guys !! , didn't we have a old thread just for posting personal plate slogans ? if yes can move these over or start a new one just to see what everyone has on their machines.

We did and now they've been merged. We have loads of personalized plate threads so I've stickied this one and will merge some more.

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 100 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.