mine is 1QUIKZ06

I looked at QWIK Z06 and other similar options and they were all taken. Wanted Z06 LT4, but that was already gone too. Looked at Z06 LBR (Long Beach Red) but everybody would think those were my initials, so I didn't go for it (ha ha)..........so Z06 SC.......is it.
IMG_1763.PNG
IMG_1764.PNG

Last edited:
I received my factory "order number" from the dealer today so I can arrange for a buyers tour and/or photo album coordinated through NCM.

It would be neat if I could use that number and follow my build through the manufacturers build experience internet site. Does anyone know if this is even possible?

Cobra

Reactions: ccltj
I ordered mine at the Alberta AMA counter and after filling out the form was then told i needed to pay something in the range of $215 ....
I said “yeah yeah sure sure whatever” ... and sure ‘nuf received ...
7C8AD85C-EA66-4851-8858-525565E2DC8C.jpeg

Last edited:
Reactions: ccltj and flyboy999
Well I've been working through a number of potential personalized plates for a number of months now but today I made the plunge and ordered my plate "Z06 SC".

Although I like the wider appearance of the letter "O" better than the narrower number "0", I had to go with the actual factory designation of that middle character, that being the narrower "number", "zero"!

Interestingly on the Ontario provincial web site they allow you to practice selecting various plate options and then indicate their availability. Today both "Z06 SC" and "ZO6 SC" were both available, however as soon as I ordered my plate the other no longer was available. That tells me that the two are too similar and therefore the MTO automatically voids the availability of the second similar plate with the purchase of either.

My thought process was I should save some money when it's time to plate the car when it arrives as now I won't need the dealer to purchase new plates, only register the car to my personalized plate.

At least it is much cheaper than what I paid for my "VENOMOUS" plate as when I bought it, I paid $510.00. When the Ontario Government first moved to an 8 number/character persoanalized plate, (personailized plates were formerly only 6 number/character) the first month of sale saw the increased plate price. If you dared to choose to wait 30 days, hopeful that your plate selection would still be available the price dropped to the current $310.00. I didn't think my choice would be available later so I ordered it the first morning the new personalized plates went on sale. I was on hold (telephone) for one full hour however when the agent answered I was able to secure my plate.

That was also the first time that CORVETTE or MUSTANG became available and I'm sure those 2 plates were also likely the first two plates sold. Ha ha.

Cobra. :rolleyes:
I was going to get a personalized plates as well until I discovered not only do you pay more initially, I'd have to pay $25.00 annually as well - rather buy a bottle of wine. Can't remember the initial cost of the plates? Glad I didn't - too easy for people to memorize in case I do something stupid, like pass them on the hwy. at a ridiculous speed - LOL.

I was going to get a personalized plates as well until I discovered not only do you pay more initially, I'd have to pay $25.00 annually as well - rather buy a bottle of wine. Can't remember the initial cost of the plates? Glad I didn't - too easy for people to memorize in case I do something stupid, like pass them on the hwy. at a ridiculous speed - LOL.
That's exactly why I gave mine up. We have a stretch of highway to get to town and I sometimes need to pass some slow poke really fast. And then there are other times on a trip. They might remember my old 'BIC' plate but maybe not a bunch of letter and numbers.

... too easy for people to memorize in case I do something stupid ...
That's exactly why I gave mine up.

😂 ... damn personalized plate’s fault ... 😂
Numbers and letters are the solution until you check in to a hotel or pay parking at a kiosk across the parking lot ... and have to remember it ... 😂

Quebec finally allowed us this past year to purchase vanity plates..cost me 250.00$ per car , but I like them.
The $250 for the plate I could live with but then they want and extra $35 every year for the personalized plate plus the usual registration fee. Here in beautiful, and cold, Quebec we are already zapped for 1) cyl. displacement 2) luxury tax (value above $40K). At least the luxury tax does get lower as the car depreciates.
Hate the government, any government, putting there hands in my pocket.

The $250 for the plate I could live with but then they want and extra $35 every year for the personalized plate plus the usual registration fee. Here in beautiful, and cold, Quebec we are already zapped for 1) cyl. displacement 2) luxury tax (value above $40K). At least the luxury tax does get lower as the car depreciates.
Hate the government, any government, putting there hands in my pocket.
If you lived here in BC the taxes on a vehicle can be as high as 26% - ouch. The PQ has always been highly taxed - lived there for 3 years in the mid 70's. A personalized LP is not worth the cost in MHO.

Reactions: ccltj
😂 ... damn personalized plate’s fault ... 😂
Numbers and letters are the solution until you check in to a hotel or pay parking at a kiosk across the parking lot ... and have to remember it ... 😂

I just make it up in hotels and after a few awkward airport parking moments took a pic of it. By that time I had the damn thing memorized.
Oh wait... I forgot again. 😬

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 100 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.