I see a guy on Kijiji that went and got multiple personalized Ontario plates and now selling them for $700.

For those getting personalized plates what ideas are you tossing around?
I am requesting “C8 N 28”. I will put a period between the 2 and the 8 to make it C8 N 2.8, we will see if BC catches on... thoughts?

Reactions: Cobravenomous
OH YEAH HERE WE GO!
1591147880297.png

• Haha
Reactions: Matt_Orleans
Last I heard they fixed some of the issues and were going to continue with them...
Ya, I dunno. They said they pulled them and reissuing the white ones till 3M fixes them, I heard 3M had a fix. Then they said they were sticking with the new design and just going white. Then the last I heard they were going back to the old white design but had fixed the peeling issue. Then yesterday they bring home a new car with the new blue plates that they pulled. It was all over the news, that they are not issuing them anymore, unless these are blue plates with the fixed design. Its not a big deal, would just like to know whats the deal.

Reactions: ABC
Approximately 145,000 of the new plates were manufactured while the government was testing them. The government is “exploring all options to use these plates where they would be appropriate for an alternative use, such as trailers or recreational vehicles.”

In the interim, the province will continue to distribute all remaining passenger plates, including the existing supply of blue licence plates.

Last I heard they fixed some of the issues and were going to continue with them...

I read that they're no longer manufacturing the new plates and will again begin manufacturing the old style plates. The government also stated that they will continue to sell the new plates until their inventory is depleted and then sell the old plates again.

I am not aware of the defect regarding the inability to read the plate under certain conditions including in the dark as having been fixed, reflecting the need to go back to the old plate design!

I see a guy on Kijiji that went and got multiple personalized Ontario plates and now selling them for $700.

For those getting personalized plates what ideas are you tossing around?
I am going with “C OCHO”. For those of you who don’t speak Spanish it mean C8. My other thoughts were “C8 N 28”

Thoughts?

Reactions: ABC
My personal plate choice is not tied to a particular car. Cars are not forever, at least not for me. So whenever there is a replacement car my personal plate will be moved to that. For guys that wanna tie a plate to a particular model car, go for it if that's what you like... but for me, I will move my WRPDRIVE to whatever ends up coming after the C8.

I was thrilled with the blue plate change in Ontario. I would have gladly stayed with that. But when I heard we were going back to white, I decided what the heck get a custom plate for the car. I have several older plates. Soon they will adorn our basement bar wall. This time I went car specific. Likely my last car like this. So what the hell. Ordered the plates over a month ago and no sign of them yet. Hope they get here before the car does. hahaha.

I am going with “C OCHO”. For those of you who don’t speak Spanish it mean C8. My other thoughts were “C8 N 28”

Thoughts?
lol.... 30 yearsago was my first trip to a Spanish speaking country. It was the Dominican republic. I fell in love with both the language and the people and since then have visited many spanish countries and have learned enough of the language to get myself around. My story goes back to the first time though when a buddy and I golfed in the Dominican. The club insisted we have a local caddy and that was fine. He was a great kid that kept us stocked with cerveza and kept score for us. I remember one errant shot landed me in the sand trap. When he asked where my ball landed I replied "I'm in the beach"... He said "no senor... we are long way from beach"..After explaining Canadian terminology and finishing the hole, he was writing down our hole tally and asked me what I had scored. I said 8.... he looked at me funny as he had no idea what I said.... he then handed me the score card and the pencil and I wrote the number 8 in the box.... He laughed and said ocho.... I said yup... perfect word for taking an 8.... ocho ...(pronounced ouch-o)

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 100 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.