Well doesn't really matter that much to me. I liked the blue design. Hopefully the "new white" design will be nicer than the old plates. Anyhow, I already have new personal "old white" plates for my C8 last July. I just need WRPDRIVE to arrive so I can drive!

As of 2 days ago, in ON the “blue” plates that were defective from the start, are a dead issue! They are no longer distributed and the ones already issued will be replaced free of charge. The “new” ON plates will be blue lettering on a white background but will not have raised lettering. They will also have the new slogan on them (a place to grow). While the new plates are being manufactured by 3M government will issue the “old” blue-on-white, raised lettering plates.

Received my plates today:

IMG_20200316_171212.jpg

Does anyone know what the dimensions of the new plates are compared to the old plates? There is a size difference.
They are the same size. We have new ones and the holes line up the same. American plates are a bit different in size but not much as plate covers don't line up quite as good.

They are the same size. We have new ones and the holes line up the same. American plates are a bit different in size but not much as plate covers don't line up quite as good.
Ford said the size has changed and is now the "North American Standard Size" that the old plates were oversized. I think EJ said they got new plate frames to better fit the new size. I was wondering by how much they changed in size?

Ford said the size has changed and is now the "North American Standard Size" that the old plates were oversized. I think EJ said they got new plate frames to better fit the new size. I was wondering by how much they changed in size?
Geez they went on our car as easy as the ones I replaced.

Plates have been the standard 6" x 12" for quite some time.
Well, Doug's new Ontario blue/white plates are the 6"x12" standard size. But the white Ontario plates they are replacing are actually 6-1/8"x12-1/16" not a big deal, but it is what it is.

So, I clearly have way to much time on my hand. Just ordered my new plates for the C8. I was not particularly interested in Custom Plates but again too much time...
As my C8 is in Elkhart Lake Blue, here it is.
View attachment 39956

When I first read your plate I thought, oh this guys like me! He's into cars and home theatre (Bluray)! Ha ha.......when I read your caption it all made sense when you described the colour of your car! Nice!

Reactions: ABC
My kids and their warped sense of humour have a confirmed order for another set of vanity plates for our anticipated 2020 C8 which had a build date of April 6th. We have C8CORVET and C8SPRCAR and now VIRUSVET, although i may never put the plate on the car as I do not want to offend anyone, it will always be a conversation piece hanging on the wall.

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 100 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.