I guess I'm the only one here that likes the blue plates better than the white.
I remember when ...:oldman:
... AB plates changed colors to the current white in my early years of driving.
An example I learned early in life in regard to people having a tendency to resist change.
... and omg ... I’ve grown to become one of them with quite a few aspects in life now 😂

In my job, I’ve had to fall back on HR training and on-job experience to
help people understand & accept change that is either necessary, recommended or mandated.
I don't know my batting average on that ... I'll just move along.

AB has a number of plates now and I am sticking with the White with Red Letters.
If I had the ONT plate coming up, over much self-debate I’d likely end up preferring the Blue plate for my black truck ...
but as my car is Red then it would be white ... however my other car is silver/blue, so now it's blue again ... argh 🤣

One thing for sure is that I’m definitely a huge fan of polar bear shape plates .... :thumbs:

Last edited:
I'm going with Shadow Grey Metallic and with Corvette script on the rear emblem in Elkhart Lake Blue so the blue plates, once reflective, are fine.
Motorcycles could still get blue until 1979 ... these were yearly plates (no stickers). A friend lined up at the head office at Queens Park one year to get number 1 back in '73 or '74 - he ended up with 2 I think. I don't think he bothered again. I'll have to ask him.

Reactions: Sparro
AFAIK license plates are non-transferable (owner to owner for registration purposes), so unless you are strictly buying them to hang on your wall in the garage @ $700/piece they are a waste of money imo.

In Ontario, you only need a drivers license number to buy a personalized license plate. If you have not registered that plate with a vehicle, the plate can be transferred to another owner one time only.

I don't think this is correct. You now only get the new ones. I saw on the news a few days ago that even with the problems with the new plates they are still shipping those. 3M Canada has a fix on the way and out of the 49,000 new ones out there plus whatever else goes out by the time they have a fix they will be mailed to you to replace. So as far as I know, the old plates have gone the way of the Dinosaurs.
Yes. We have the new blue one and they say they will replace it in the mail. So much for quality control these days.

Guess you are a FORD guy Sparro with your blue PC plates. Just wondering if any of you are OCD like me when it comes time to renew your validation stickers, the girl always ask me 1 or 2 years then I say which one is black or blue in colour as I don't want pink or green. They think I'm nuts but it needs to match the plate! Guess I'm staying single for awhile yet :ROFL:

• Haha
Reactions: Kanuck
Guess you are a FORD guy Sparro with your blue PC plates. Just wondering if any of you are OCD like me when it comes time to renew your validation stickers, the girl always ask me 1 or 2 years then I say which one is black or blue in colour as I don't want pink or green. They think I'm nuts but it needs to match the plate! Guess I'm staying single for awhile yet :ROFL:
Ford really has nothing to do with it. I just think they do look better. But yes, I am a "Ford" guy and a "Conservative". I own and operate a small business and all the Libs know how to do is tax the hell out of us and call us cheats!

Ford really has nothing to do with it. I just think they do look better. But yes, I am a "Ford" guy and a "Conservative". I own and operate a small business and all the Libs know how to do is tax the hell out of us and call us cheats!
Ok guys, no politics or religion here. This is a C8 forum!

Reactions: ZoraD
with the new plates being apparently made really cheaply, this seem more relevant than ever. hopwfully noone got theirs taken by hoarders!

My neighbour thinks there was nothing wrong with the old plates. I agree. Why mess with success and waste money on new plates when the old ones were perfectly fine? I took a pic of his plate today. Mind you it is a Ford. So it does blend in pretty good.

Attachments

• IMG_1921.JPG
    IMG_1921.JPG
    389.1 KB · Views: 34
Reactions: Sparro and Rebby
Yes they are going to replace the plates for free. Should take a couple of months I think they said.

Reactions: OttawaKev
Well doesn't really matter that much to me. I liked the blue design. Hopefully the "new white" design will be nicer than the old plates. Anyhow, I already have new personal "old white" plates for my C8 last July. I just need WRPDRIVE to arrive so I can drive!

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 100 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.