I thought you were a drag racer?! Before you launch, you raise the front lift. This gives the illusion that your front tires are off the ground, and the Tesla in the right lane will back off, accept defeat, and have enough juice to drive home...
Never needed a front lift, the car lifts itself when you floor it. At least ,when the engine was in the front 😳. I was on highway 112, at a stop light. Hit the gas hard, not floored and hop hop hop. First time it happens. Maybe my tires needed to warm up more. Next time I will try with no traction control.

Ok, what is available...
Good question! Of course the Chevy Conclerge has to say “no.” Some rather benign, read, non-harming improvements such as ARH headers (none other if you want max torque), entire exhaust system to the tips, throttle body, & intake so far. All done in 1st. week; a difference; oh yeah! The Canadian Motor Vehicle Arbitration Plan offers some protection. However, manufacturers tend to stand behind (with coaxing) defaults under warranty if the failure cannot be attributed to modifications. In the USA there is Federal legislation, the Magnussen-Moss Act that does this as well. In any case I am on year three without so much as a trouble light and would not allow myself to be arbitrarily curtailed in my hobby of making cars work better than the original “Vanilla” version from the factory. Happy Motoring!

Reactions: Bunny hop
I enjoy performance I can always use and enjoy such as AWD traction of the future E-Ray not 0.2 seconds off of the 1/4 mile time few times per year

my “local” drag strip is 1 hr away so there goes 2 hours, if I were to spend 4 hours at the track I would probably get max 8 “11 second” runs for total of 1 min 30 seconds of foot to the floor racing for 6 hours of my time. With “fun to time” ratio like that this, it is as bad as dating ;)
True track people would argue differently however..

Just a $113 fine, no demerits.
Got stopped once for no front plate ... lady cop let me off with a warning

I still dont use a front plate and I guess I'll get burned eventually ....

Does anyone know if the insurance companies look at this as they would a speeding / seatbelt / cell phone charge

And would they increase your rates ?

Attachments

• Warning.jpg
    Warning.jpg
    574.4 KB · Views: 15
Got stopped once for no front plate ... lady cop let me off with a warning

I still dont use a front plate and I guess I'll get burned eventually ....

Does anyone know if the insurance companies look at this as they would a speeding / seatbelt / cell phone charge

And would they increase your rates ?
What you received is just a warning and is not recorded with MTO. If you get stopped again for the same thing the cop will see this warning in the database and may not be so lenient.

What you received is just a warning and is not recorded with MTO. If you get stopped again for the same thing the cop will see this warning in the database and may not be so lenient.
WOW! I had no idea warnings were recorded. Not gonna thank them any more! ;)

Yes thanks .... but I actually meant if you got the ticket ... I know the warnings are not registered with the MTO ... should have been clearer .

Just to put some perspective on that.
I dyno'd my Camaro With stock filter, with performance filter and with no filter at all. There was virtually no difference. I wouldn't bother messing with air filters. Less restriction = more dirt in the intake.
Attack Blue have been denied several times by non partisans and found to improve HP ratings 7HP For what it is worth…

Reactions: Ed@Tko_Perform
Wheel hop , again!!! I do not want to turn off traction control , when taking off at lights, on public roads, you never know how the car will react. Weird, this did not happen before now. Tires were plenty warm. Had driven a few kms, before testing it. I do not want to break anything. I know Z51 are built tougher but this not what I expected. It should stick to the asphalt and take off , not hop. Hopefully , when I take it to Napierville it will stick fine with the compound they use on the track. I have the summer tires on it.

Wheel hop , again!!! I do not want to turn off traction control , when taking off at lights, on public roads, you never know how the car will react. Weird, this did not happen before now. Tires were plenty warm. Had driven a few kms, before testing it. I do not want to break anything. I know Z51 are built tougher but this not what I expected. It should stick to the asphalt and take off , not hop. Hopefully , when I take it to Napierville it will stick fine with the compound they use on the track.
How are you accelerating? FULL! or medium fast or slow? Full throttle shouldn't get wheel hop. Slightly less and it might.

Reactions: Bunny hop
Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 100 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.

Users who are viewing this thread