It's your car, do what you want to it. If you are worried about warranty, then you are a slave to the system...
I bought an extended warranty , so I do not want to lose that. I think , maybe GM , will want to make the performance mods, through them. Lots of money in that kind of mods. I was told , not even a cold air intake.!!!!

They are approaching their 5th model year. Stuff would have been out by now...
GM is very slow in this sector.:Banghead: I read they are going to increase HPs in the C8 , soon and they mentioned that a computer tune will be available for the older C8s.:Hurray: Fords Mustangs GT, are now at 500 HPs, stock, (Darkhorse) and that will be the reason they have to do something , soon. Anyway, it sucks, that we cannot tinker, with such a great car. I was hoping to drag race 100% stock and try all the available options on my Vette. Then, add a C.A.Q. The, add drag radials , maybe a computer tuning , etc., maybe change the exhaust, for extra performance but I do not touch the car mechanically like changing anything on the motor or trans. So what I was told, it seems like I will have to keep it 100% stock , until my warranty is up.:Arghh:

GM is very slow in this sector.:Banghead: I read they are going to increase HPs in the C8 , soon and they mentioned that a computer tune will be available for the older C8s.:Hurray: Fords Mustangs GT, are now at 500 HPs, stock, (Darkhorse) and that will be the reason they have to do something , soon. Anyway, it sucks, that we cannot tinker, with such a great car. I was hoping to drag race 100% stock and try all the available options on my Vette. Then, add a C.A.Q. The, add drag radials , maybe a computer tuning , etc., maybe change the exhaust, for extra performance but I do not touch the car mechanically like changing anything on the motor or trans. So what I was told, it seems like I will have to keep it 100% stock , until my warranty is up.:Arghh:
the "500 mustang horse power" is different from "500 corvette horsepower" and different from "500 Porsche horsepower"

Yes, torque and RPM influences HP. HP without rpm TQ numbers doesn't mean much.
I agree, but its also about manufactures rating engines. Mustangs perform as expected, corvette perform like they have more power than rated and Porsche and BMW perform like they just made up a lower number just to mess with the competition

I agree, but its also about manufactures rating engines. Mustangs perform as expected, corvette perform like they have more power than rated and Porsche and BMW perform like they just made up a lower number just to mess with the competition
They are supposed to follow standards when doing their ratings, but I agree with you, they will fudge numbers for their own benefit.

the "500 mustang horse power" is different from "500 corvette horsepower" and different from "500 Porsche horsepower"
We have about 50 lbs. more torque than the Mustangs, which I knew, makes a big diff. I have seen live on the track/drag racing.

Reactions: Murray20c8
I find there is always lack of OEM quality with performance mods and compromises such as poor idle or error codes that put the car in limp mode, and general decrease in drivability. I modded my 1st car, and since then left the rest stock
When adding mods, you need a computer tuner, most of the time. I modified my last 3 Mustangs and they all added performance and I never had trouble. Increase hp and torque and better quarter mile runs.

When adding mods, you need a computer tuner, most of the time. I modified my last 3 Mustangs and they all added performance and I never had trouble. Increase hp and torque and better quarter mile runs.
Though Ford has a lot of factory/ warranty backed parts and suppliers. Makes it a lot less risky than going 3rd party. Not familiar enough with GM enough yet to know if they have such in house options.

I drive mine the way they’re made. If I need it ( more want it) to be faster; I buy something better and move up the food chain.

Reactions: Vettenut
Though Ford has a lot of factory/ warranty backed parts and suppliers. Makes it a lot less risky than going 3rd party. Not familiar enough with GM enough yet to know if they have such in house options.

I drive mine the way they’re made. If I need it ( more want it) to be faster; I buy something better and move up the food chain.
I do that also but this will be my highest food chain. 😋

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 100 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.

Users who are viewing this thread