Has anyone done performance modifications, on his or hers C8? If yes, what did you do and what did GM say about it if they know?
I was told, all performance mods, were a big, no no , by Corvette conciergerie.
Pretty sure anything to do with tuning will void warranties

I think any auto maker will look for excuses to get out of flipping the bill for major repairs .

My dealer tried to sell me a fabspeed exhaust ... sure its a beautiful exhaust ... and they said that the dealership itself would warranty it . Would they though ?

What excuses would they come up with ?

Like JR said its your car ... play at will ... but do you really need it ? Unless you are tracking and really competitive .

We all know that on city streets you can never even come close to unleashing the full potential of the stock stingray let alone the Z06.

Unless of course you wanna end up in jail or worse in the morgue.

On the Toronto bound gardinier expressway there is a pretty scary sign says something to this effect.

50 kmh over = automatic license suspension

roadside vehicle seizure

Oh dont get me wrong there are times i really make that LT 2 work

But not when some beamer or civic pulls up beside me.

Hey you drive a Corvette you dont have to prove anything ;)

Reactions: KTJF
Pretty sure anything to do with tuning will void warranties

I think any auto maker will look for excuses to get out of flipping the bill for major repairs .

My dealer tried to sell me a fabspeed exhaust ... sure its a beautiful exhaust ... and they said that the dealership itself would warranty it . Would they though ?

What excuses would they come up with ?

Like JR said its your car ... play at will ... but do you really need it ? Unless you are tracking and really competitive .

We all know that on city streets you can never even come close to unleashing the full potential of the stock stingray let alone the Z06.

Unless of course you wanna end up in jail or worse in the morgue.

On the Toronto bound gardinier expressway there is a pretty scary sign says something to this effect.

50 kmh over = automatic license suspension

roadside vehicle seizure

Oh dont get me wrong there are times i really make that LT 2 work

But not when some beamer or civic pulls up beside me.

Hey you drive a Corvette you dont have to prove anything ;)
I take all my cars drag racing at Napierville. I do get your drift. I love taking off at highway lights. This is a great car. When my warranty is up I will modify it but until then...

• Agree
Reactions: Vettenut
I take all my cars drag racing at Napierville. I do get your drift. I love taking off at highway lights. This is a great car. When my warranty is up I will modify it but until then...
I enjoy performance I can always use and enjoy such as AWD traction of the future E-Ray not 0.2 seconds off of the 1/4 mile time few times per year

my “local” drag strip is 1 hr away so there goes 2 hours, if I were to spend 4 hours at the track I would probably get max 8 “11 second” runs for total of 1 min 30 seconds of foot to the floor racing for 6 hours of my time. With “fun to time” ratio like that this, it is as bad as dating ;)

Reactions: KTJF and Vettenut
I enjoy performance I can always use and enjoy such as AWD traction of the future E-Ray not 0.2 seconds off of the 1/4 mile time few times per year

my “local” drag strip is 1 hr away so there goes 2 hours, if I were to spend 4 hours at the track I would probably get max 8 “11 second” runs for total of 1 min 30 seconds of foot to the floor racing for 6 hours of my time. With “fun to time” ratio like that this, it is as bad as dating ;)
The only place where it won't cost me my drivers license and thousands in tickets.😛

Reactions: AxeZ06 and Vettenut
Once the warranty is up there is nothing stopping one from modding the car ... except insurance companies of course.
With tuning, once widely available, things like my Trickflow Heads and Cam packages (with other add-ons) could add as much as 150 HP to the car.
I went that route with my Camaro. I had a tuner friend tune it. With better breathing (intake and exhaust) I added 150 HP to my 330HP motor with no issues whatsoever.

Once the warranty is up there is nothing stopping one from modding the car ... except insurance companies of course.
With tuning, once widely available, things like my Trickflow Heads and Cam packages (with other add-ons) could add as much as 150 HP to the car.
I went that route with my Camaro. I had a tuner friend tune it. With better breathing (intake and exhaust) I added 150 HP to my 330HP motor with no issues whatsoever.
Most of my tuning , I never had to tell the insurance company , because I do not touch the engine or trans literally . Changing the mufflers , for straights which added 10 hps , stuff like that. What they want to know , basically , is did it increase the value of the car , so they can increase your insurance rates! What year was that Camaro and did you 1/4 mile it?

Reactions: DAL
Most of my tuning , I never had to tell the insurance company , because I do not touch the engine or trans literally . Changing the mufflers , for straights which added 10 hps , stuff like that. What they want to know , basically , is did it increase the value of the car , so they can increase your insurance rates! What year was that Camaro and did you 1/4 mile it?
It was a 2000 and no I never got around to taking it to the track after the heads and cam. BTW the hp increase was what Trickflow stated, so it wasn't RWHP. One also had to add an LS6 intake and headers to get there.
Many insurers will cancel your insurance if they know about any performance mods.

It was a 2000 and no I never got around to taking it to the track after the heads and cam. BTW the hp increase was what Trickflow stated, so it wasn't RWHP. One also had to add an LS6 intake and headers to get there.
Many insurers will cancel your insurance if they know about any performance mods.
I think, as long as you don't touch the motor with mechanical add ons, you don't have to tell. Like they say what you don't know won't hurt you.

I think, as long as you don't touch the motor with mechanical add ons, you don't have to tell. Like they say what you don't know won't hurt you.
I said "If they know" LOL.
I'm not gonna tell them!

Reactions: Bunny hop
I have an Attack Blue air filter waiting to be installed. Might add a couple of extra HP. I'm waiting until I feel that I have enough experience with the C8 to be able to determine if this filter makes any difference or not. Probably near the end of the summer I will install it, based on the remaining current filter life.
My plan is to keep the original filter around and temporarily use it when the Attack Blue filter needs to be washed out.

Has anyone done performance modifications, on his or hers C8? If yes, what did you do and what did GM say about it if they know?
I was told, all performance mods, were a big, no no , by Corvette conciergerie.
My dealer does no mods not even lowering ( I have Z51 so easy to do, I believe). No one in BC that I know of does and mods on C8s. Crazy. Down in USA - plenty of shops. Good luck.

• Sad
I added some HP (maybe 75) with a tune and a bunch of mods. The mods were to get some weight off and increase the mileage. I don't race but I just like tinkering with the car. I told the insurer about the mods and I added a higher valuation to the car. The dyno read 465 which is the hp the car is at stock. I didn't know the HP at the crank after the mods so I used the RWHP reading. No issues.

I added some HP (maybe 75) with a tune and a bunch of mods. The mods were to get some weight off and increase the mileage. I don't race but I just like tinkering with the car. I told the insurer about the mods and I added a higher valuation to the car. The dyno read 465 which is the hp the car is at stock. I didn't know the HP at the crank after the mods so I used the RWHP reading. No issues.
I was warned by Corvette conciergerie not to add to performance modes. So for now, I will change my wheels, next year. Here they are.
vertini-rfs1-9-brushed-dual-gunmetal_corvette_c8_z51_wheel-designers-01.jpg

Reactions: Vettenut
I have an Attack Blue air filter waiting to be installed. Might add a couple of extra HP.
Just to put some perspective on that.
I dyno'd my Camaro With stock filter, with performance filter and with no filter at all. There was virtually no difference. I wouldn't bother messing with air filters. Less restriction = more dirt in the intake.

Reactions: Thom
I have an Attack Blue air filter waiting to be installed. Might add a couple of extra HP. I'm waiting until I feel that I have enough experience with the C8 to be able to determine if this filter makes any difference or not. Probably near the end of the summer I will install it, based on the remaining current filter life.
My plan is to keep the original filter around and temporarily use it when the Attack Blue filter needs to be washed out.
Was thinking of that too

Any chance an attack blue could cause a check engine light ?

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 100 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.

Users who are viewing this thread