Noticeable quiet a bit?
Noticeable. How much is a relative term. Certainly enough for me.
If you want really loud and don't care about adjustability then don't bother and get an aftermarket one installed. like the Canadian one posted in another thread.

If you’re getting the Z51 package then it’s included. I like it, but have no experience with just the stock exhaust.
Good point. Eric, I assume you are not getting the Z51. If you want the extra 5 hp and you don't plan on changing the exhaust to an aftermarket one, then yes, IMO it's worth getting. At least you have the option of going quieter if you want to. Best of both worlds.
If you are getting the Z51 then, you have no choice! LOL

I ordered it, and intend to annoy as many people as possible with it. Or not. Depends?

I have it, it’s nice and you can hear a difference between modes but it’s not loud even in track unless you have wide open throttle.

It’s good in the sense it won’t get you in trouble with Jonny Law but if you like it really loud then you will be disappointed. It’s not Dodge, Jag or Ford loud.
It's "classy" loud? works for me. :cool:

If you want a quiet ride at all times and don't care about the extra 5 HP (or so) the performance exhaust gives you, then don't order it and save money. But if (like many) you want a throatier sounding V8 at times, then I think it's a must-have since it changes with the different drive modes so you choose when and where you get a louder exhaust note. Finally and as others have said, if you want an even LOUDER ride, install an after-market system...but be prepared to pay big bucks for the system and its installation (a ton more than the OEM performance exhaust) AND you pay even more for an after-market that syncs with the different driving modes, as the OEM performance exhaust already does.

Or do what someone I met earlier this summer did to his heavily modified C8: disconnect your exhaust system so it's straight pipes and LOUD. But beware of violating your local noise by-laws, which some of the after-market exhaust systems can do as well.

Good point. Eric, I assume you are not getting the Z51. If you want the extra 5 hp and you don't plan on changing the exhaust to an aftermarket one, then yes, IMO it's worth getting. At least you have the option of going quieter if you want to. Best of both worlds.
If you are getting the Z51 then, you have no choice! LOL
Lol love it. Thanks!

• Agree
Reactions: MKinOntario
If you want a quiet ride at all times and don't care about the extra 5 HP (or so) the performance exhaust gives you, then don't order it and save money. But if (like many) you want a throatier sounding V8 at times, then I think it's a must-have since it changes with the different drive modes so you choose when and where you get a louder exhaust note. Finally and as others have said, if you want an even LOUDER ride, install an after-market system...but be prepared to pay big bucks for the system and its installation (a ton more than the OEM performance exhaust) AND you pay even more for an after-market that syncs with the different driving modes, as the OEM performance exhaust already does.

Or do what someone I met earlier this summer did to his heavily modified C8: disconnect your exhaust system so it's straight pipes and LOUD. But beware of violating your local noise by-laws, which some of the after-market exhaust systems can do as well.
In Ontario, straight pipes, or any other exhaust system modifcations to make it louder, or stinkier, is illegal.

Noise, smoke, bells and horns​

Muffler​

75 (1) Every motor vehicle or motor assisted bicycle shall be equipped with a muffler in good working order and in constant operation to prevent excessive or unusual noise and excessive smoke, and no person shall use a muffler cut-out, straight exhaust, gutted muffler, hollywood muffler, by-pass or similar device upon a motor vehicle or motor assisted bicycle. R.S.O. 1990, c. H.8, s. 75 (1).

But only if the police decide to enforce it.

• Haha
Reactions: Murray20c8
Was a a huge indoor car show this weekend and met up with a guy who did headers and cats (Soul Performance I believe), and it sounded fantastic. Meaning he still had his NPP setup with valves and he even said the headers added a bit more but the grunt was really the sport cats. I really want the Fabspeed ones, they sound great, but are something like $3700 USD, I am seriously considering that upgrade for next season, and not risk of playing around with moving valves over to another aftermarket setup and risking throwing codes. NPP for sure !!

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 100 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.