Montreal
VetteCoins
Car
Corvette 2023 HTC
Province
QC
I have a 2023 C8 HTC with a Z51 package. Looking at HRE F11 wheels
Easy enough to I stall on stock tires and TPMS locally

Also looking at an AWE exhaust but no idea where to find a qualified installer. Ideally in or around Montreal. Would li e to get some help/suggestions Thanks!

Reactions: Murray20c8

Also looking at an AWE exhaust but no idea where to find a qualified installer. Ideally in or around Montreal. Would li e to get some help/suggestions Thanks!
I can't help, but welcome to the forum. Hopefully one of our many Quebec members will help you.

Reactions: MonicaC8
You're better off finding someone that has done this before even someone private not a shop as the hardest part is removing the bumper, also I'd consider other exhaust AWE isn't that great of quality JMO

FYI I've done this installation and removal 4 times so I'm talking from experience

You're better off finding someone that has done this before even someone private not a shop as the hardest part is removing the bumper, also I'd consider other exhaust AWE isn't that great of quality JMO

FYI I've done this installation and removal 4 times so I'm talking from experience
My exhaust on my 2016 Jeep GV died
replaced it with a Borla S. Well made
Read that some AWE throw codes?
Maybe another Borla S instead

My exhaust on my 2016 Jeep GV died
replaced it with a Borla S. Well made
Read that some AWE throw codes?
Maybe another Borla S instead
I doubt either catback will throw a code unless you bypass the AFM or NPP exhaust valves , sport cats are usually the problem

Borla S is nice or ATAK if you really want to bark is much better than AWE

I doubt either catback will throw a code unless you bypass the AFM or NPP exhaust valves , sport cats are usually the problem

Borla S is nice or ATAK if you really want to bark is much better than AWE
I really like the Borla also If I were to go after market on exhaust it would be the Atak for sure

However I did hear the Fabspeed at the dealer ....thats a monster too

Reactions: Murray20c8
I read yesterday you could easily switch out just the Cats and increase the overall system ambience?
I personally am not into aftermarket exhaust only know I traded out my Borla on my C6 for stock for free because I could not take the dreaded drone, but, Fabspeed for example wants like $5 grand for something very similar to these here? ( 2M Fabrication ) If that would do it wow, what an immediate difference that would make for someone wanting more bark?

Holy Hanna - Sound Track

Or just modify the factory Cats and check this out -OMG - Hilarious

Last edited:
Welcome @MonicaC8. Fellow Montrealer here. Sadly for us there are not a lot of reputable performance shops around here that are familiar with the C8 platform. Like Gilles said above you have to trust them to remove the bumper and work comfortably with the exhaust valves (for those of us with NPP).

I got to know the GM very well at the Brossard dealer and I trust a certain few of them with my car to do any aftermarket work. Pay for it and they will do it. I call them my personal formula 1 team as they treat my custom C8 as such. Not sure they would go as far as to work on installing a pro charger but something easy like a catback exhaust or sport cats is easy for them to do. Ask to speak with Gabriel (shop manager) or George (best C8 mechanic). Can mention my name they know my car well. They will be teaming up with me for my next project work for 2024, carbon fiber bumper and clear tail lights.

You also need to get comfortable driving back and forth to Ontario, I have done so 3 times and put 7000KM’s in 3 months and plan to do just as much this year. Lots of great shops in TO and vicinity !! PM me for for questions about modding that is my passion !!!

OMG Neil's, you are doing the clear tail lights?! I just spoke to the manufacturer and they said they were out of stock of their one and only set. Post up pics when you have it modded, in your driveway, at night....

...and Happy New Year...
thanks brother happy new year to you too !! Key word is “plan to do” the clear tails however the 2 models I was looking at claim several months of wait upon deposit so gonna make one now to land it in time for summer..

Really wanted to be different and do the CF round tails but after seeing an image on them installed not sure about the look, perhaps with body color contour might look better than the CF.

So going with the full clear replacements. My $600 blackout covers were disappointing so will be selling them.

thanks brother happy new year to you too !! Key word is “plan to do” the clear tails however the 2 models I was looking at claim several months of wait upon deposit so gonna make one now to land it in time for summer..

Really wanted to be different and do the CF round tails but after seeing an image on them installed not sure about the look, perhaps with body color contour might look better than the CF.

So going with the full clear replacements. My $600 blackout covers were disappointing so will be selling them.
side track from Monica looking for an exhaust shop in Mtl but @Jack Raccoon! this was the set I was looking to do before settling on the clears instead ..

Attachments

• IMG_7626.jpeg
    IMG_7626.jpeg
    107.4 KB · Views: 0

DS Performance, in Dorval, has great reviews. Maybe, call them.

Reactions: Neils
Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 100 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.

Users who are viewing this thread