Oct 20, 2013
Fort McMurray, AB
VetteCoins
Car
2014 Z51
Hey guys! If anyone is looking to replace their stock grille at all, I just ordered the new Z06 grille from my dealer. $360-ish with tax.

Part number is: 22790956

Can't wait to get it and install it over winter. Huge upgrade to the front end looks IMO.

I will be ordering one in the new year for sure.
I definitely like the look better than the stock grill with the chrome strip in it.
It will look good in my Torch Red Z51 coupe when I take delivery in May.
Snowing here today and its supposed to get to minus 18 next week!:eek:

Will the license plate bracket that wraps around the front be affected by the grill? I like the look of the z06 grill as well and will order one provided the front plate bracket doesn't impede half the grill.

Would also like to see a photo.

Will the license plate bracket that wraps around the front be affected by the grill? I like the look of the z06 grill as well and will order one provided the front plate bracket doesn't impede half the grill.

Would also like to see a photo.

I'm in Alberta, so the front plate thing isn't a consideration for me. No front plate for us. :)

Here are some pics. I think it looks great, and much cheaper than than anything aftermarket.

OsZ3Wma.jpg

og9mbs9.jpg

Yes, but it needs to hold the front plate. Does it?

I am guessing by the design that a special plate holder specifically designed for the z06 will also need to be purchased?

Anyone know? OP blue bomber, can you tell us?

Also, how do you know the z06 grill actually fits a regular vette?

Yes, but it needs to hold the front plate. Does it?

I am guessing by the design that a special plate holder specifically designed for the z06 will also need to be purchased?

Anyone know? OP blue bomber, can you tell us?

Also, how do you know the z06 grill actually fits a regular vette?

As many places require a front plate, I would say it's safe to assume there is a holder that fits this grille from GM. It will likely have to be ordered seperately from the grille, but I'll let you know if mine comes with one.

As far as the fitment, the front bumpers are the exact same part. I have seen a video of this replacement already and it is a direct replacement.

As many places require a front plate, I would say it's safe to assume there is a holder that fits this grille from GM. It will likely have to be ordered seperately from the grille, but I'll let you know if mine comes with one.

As far as the fitment, the front bumpers are the exact same part. I have seen a video of this replacement already and it is a direct replacement.

Are you able to provide the video link?

Does the entire bumper REALLY need to be removed?

If one has a hoist, can you get the grill out if you just remove the black plastic pan off the bottom of the front nose?

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for at least 100 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.