Ever watch those NBA players reach down and grasp and pick up a basketball with one hand? Well, I think I could do that now. I've been practicing daily grasping the body of a 1.75 litre bottle of Buffalo Trace bourbon with one hand and have that mastered. Gonna send my resume in to the Harlem Globe Trotters and see what happens. :drunkbig:

So I stumbled into this little beauty last week at Wine and Beyond in Calgary. Real nice little caramel finish to it. $150ish.

1FF9E66F-95F2-4F3B-A0C4-AD202DDE0353.jpeg

I bought a bottle of Crown Royal's Bourbon Mash last week on a road trip. It even came in a fancy box. I thought it was pretty good. It's not made like real bourbon but it tastes ok. So I went down to the local MLCC to get another one because they are on sale and cheap. I couldn't find a bottle in a box that said Bourbon Mash on it. They had Blended Mash but not in a box. I was informed that a Canadian Company cannot use the term Bourbon. You'd think Seagram would have known that. American Distillers kicked up a stink. So the new bottle has no box and is called Blended Mash. I went to the other store in town and found they still had some of the Bourbon Mash in a box so I got one of those too. A Collectors Item. Making bourbon has rules. This is straight off the net. Crown Royal's Bourbon Mash does not check any of these boxes.

The Federal Standards of Identity for Distilled Spirits, codified under 27 CFR §5.22(b)(1)(i), states bourbon made for U.S. consumption[21] must be:

I bought a bottle of Crown Royal's Bourbon Mash last week on a road trip. It even came in a fancy box. I thought it was pretty good. It's not made like real bourbon but it tastes ok. So I went down to the local MLCC to get another one because they are on sale and cheap. I couldn't find a bottle in a box that said Bourbon Mash on it. They had Blended Mash but not in a box. I was informed that a Canadian Company cannot use the term Bourbon. You'd think Seagram would have known that. American Distillers kicked up a stink. So the new bottle has no box and is called Blended Mash. I went to the other store in town and found they still had some of the Bourbon Mash in a box so I got one of those too. A Collectors Item. Making bourbon has rules. This is straight off the net. Crown Royal's Bourbon Mash does not check any of these boxes.

The Federal Standards of Identity for Distilled Spirits, codified under 27 CFR §5.22(b)(1)(i), states bourbon made for U.S. consumption[21] must be:

That keeps the club members numbers low. I like. Don't want to many jumping on the bourbon bandwagon.

• Haha
Reactions: Rruuff Day
I am trying my very best to be as transparent as possible for fitting in while setting up my new dig in Atlantic Canada Eh! Double take in the grocery coffee isle … like is this the morning after drink? 😂

86CAE216-1A03-4C6D-8754-7C299196B4A6.jpeg

Last edited:
I am trying my very best to be as transparent as possible for fitting in while setting up my new dig in Atlantic Canada Eh! Double take in the grocery coffee isle … like is this the morning after drink? 😂

View attachment 89140
WOW, This must be the NL version of Irish Coffee. Nice of Jumping Bean to let the rest of the world know before those from NL. Sheeshh

• Agree
Reactions: YFCvii

Users who are viewing this thread