Thanks Mr. Corvette. A friend of mine have transparent roof, he always complaining about heat.
Well like you said you save money going with the free body coloured roof that comes with the car!

Reactions: Cam_rabbits
Thanks Mr. Corvette. A friend of mine have transparent roof, he always complaining about heat.
I have both roofs and I can definitely agree that the transparent roof makes the cabin hot on long drives- I live in Thunder Bay and drive to Toronto fairly often. It’s 14-15 hrs. The last time I did it with the transparent roof I was hot and had a headache for a day. So now I use either the painted roof, or I have a removable cover for the transparent roof (which I made, see other thread if interested) which works great in direct sun. The transparent roof is otherwise the one that’s routinely on the car for local driving.

I have both roofs and I can definitely agree that the transparent roof makes the cabin hot on long drives- I live in Thunder Bay and drive to Toronto fairly often. It’s 14-15 hrs. The last time I did it with the transparent roof I was hot and had a headache for a day. So now I use either the painted roof, or I have a removable cover for the transparent roof (which I made, see other thread if interested) which works great in direct sun. The transparent roof is otherwise the one that’s routinely on the car for local driving.
Wow, I never got a headache or overly hot on long drives with mine. Dual climate air and a full head of hair maybe saved me? I used mine a lot more for local driving than long distance and I liked the more open feel with the roof in compared to the hard top one.

Wow, I never got a headache or overly hot on long drives with mine. Dual climate air and a full head of hair maybe saved me? I used mine a lot more for local driving than long distance and I liked the more open feel with the roof in compared to the hard top one.
How did you know I was sparse of head cover?!

Many, many years and miles of driving Corvettes with a transparent roof. I'm claustrophobic so I really like the open air feel that the transparent top gives you in the car compared to the body coloured top. I miss the transparent top in the HTC that I decided to reorder instead of going back to the coupe. I used to also look up through it to make sure no OPP planes were overhead pacing me on my quicker highway excursions shall we say!

My transparent roof has been on my car since day one. The solid roof is in storage in the garage and will likely never see the light of day. The transparent roof has been wrapped in a tinted wrap and as a result produces almost no heat. Great feature. The roof can be removed or installed in literally 45 seconds with no moving parts or emergency tie wraps needed. As a bonus it is $10k cheaper than the convertible.

My transparent roof has been on my car since day one. The solid roof is in storage in the garage and will likely never see the light of day. The transparent roof has been wrapped in a tinted wrap and as a result produces almost no heat. Great feature. The roof can be removed or installed in literally 45 seconds with no moving parts or emergency tie wraps needed. As a bonus it is $10k cheaper than the convertible.
Interesting- what kind of tinted wrap? Did you do it yourself with the stuff from CDN Tire or professionally?

Interesting- what kind of tinted wrap? Did you do it yourself with the stuff from CDN Tire or professionally?
It was done professionally when I had the car wrapped. I believe it is a Suntek product.

XPEL Ceramic tint (yes ceramic tint not ceramic coat) is the way to go, don’t believe me, check out this video. Sadly for the overall inside temp to truly be controlled and reduced you would also have to apply a clear layer to your front windshield (not tinted or barely) for the inside to drop in temp drastically. But tinting the inside of your panel with this stuff would do the trick. I suggest the XR plus that is even more effective than XR..

Bob, drop everything on the car that you can order through parts. I use these guys for an almost 20% off what the GM dealerships charge:
What colour car are you considering? My understanding is it costs almost the same to apply a wrap on the A pillars, roof and nacelles as it does to order it painted in carbon flash metallic to match the rest of the car for $1495 from the factory. If you only want the nacelles black, then do the wrap as it will be at least $1000 cheaper than ordering it from the factory for the same $1495.
Thanks for the tip. I actually tried using these guys last year when I needed to replace the roof on my c7 but they had stopped carrying them a few months prior. I'm getting riptide blue and I think it looks better with the nacelles and roof all painted. Just gonna keep that at this point and do stuff like rims and brake calipers on my own at a later date. Sucks the stock rims on these are so ugly, wish they'd bring back the black 10 spoke rims from the c7 or something

Wow. My ‘23 is going into production next week and I was hoping for a ‘24 but now I consider myself lucky.

To those who are still waiting for an allocation need to start calling dealerships across Canada. I’ve been declining new 2023s for MSRP for a while now as folks are backing out. You can usually find these dealer ads on Facebook marketplace. I would have had a new ‘23 many months ago but stuck with my order as I really wanted competition seats.

Wow. My ‘23 is going into production next week and I was hoping for a ‘24 but now I consider myself lucky.

To those who are still waiting for an allocation need to start calling dealerships across Canada. I’ve been declining new 2023s for MSRP for a while now as folks are backing out. You can usually find these dealer ads on Facebook marketplace. I would have had a new ‘23 many months ago but stuck with my order as I really wanted competition seats.
Are you sure? I heard of others getting cancellation emails... and asked to reorder as 24. Fingers crossed you can get a 23 and save money.

Thank you for your info, any key world I should try or any location I should try? Thanks

Are you sure? I heard of others getting cancellation emails... and asked to reorder as 24. Fingers crossed you can get a 23 and save money.

Really? My dealer submitted my order in July and Shane at the Corvette museum stated my TPW is 08/28. ‘24 production starts on the 12th of September I believe. If it gets pushed to a ‘24, I’ll probably back out. What a joke.

Does Shane know before the workbench knows?
No, he just has access to more info on Workbench than a lot of dealer salesmen etc. He also knows how to use the software better than most dealers. If Shane gives you a TPW for a 2023 (He can tell you your MY) then that's what it most likely is, but the TPW can shift a week before or after.

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 100 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.