Here's my E-Ray calcs so you are taxed 20% on the difference above the 100k mark and on top of that the amount of lux tax is taxed again with HST!!!!

View attachment 113007
@CamsC8 that is eye watering to read, and if you do not have the cash sitting in the bank to drop that huge amount at the dealer, looking at $4k/month payments over 5 years @ 8%. I was already questioning whether the previous price "big" difference between SR and ER was worth the diff for a perf + of 0.3 sec and wider body. Only those who want to drive 4 seasons really see the benefit. Now however, you REALLY have to need and want an AWD vette to justify that kind of crazy money. I know what my answer would be.

Reactions: Gilles27
And to think that I was contemplating to forgo my MY23 May allocation to perhaps wait it out for the new Riptide Blue. Thank GOD I did not do that. I already had the wife getting nervous about the big car payments on the 3LT fully optioned. Now it looks like a steal (especially having avoided the lux tax). I feel horrible for those of you waiting for so long (I know the feeling), and am guessing many will be pulling out and going a different route. Like someone said in this post, many of us assumed the SR would be a stepping stone to move to an ER or Z06, now that dream has ended for most.

GM decided that they were no longer competing with the likes of Ford, Dodge, Jag, Porsche (lower end models) and now they want to compete at the exotic level and still say it's a bargain even with the new prices.

Reactions: KTJF
And to think that I was contemplating to forgo my MY23 May allocation to perhaps wait it out for the new Riptide Blue. Thank GOD I did not do that. I already had the wife getting nervous about the big car payments on the 3LT fully optioned. Now it looks like a steal (especially having avoided the lux tax). I feel horrible for those of you waiting for so long (I know the feeling), and am guessing many will be pulling out and going a different route. Like someone said in this post, many of us assumed the SR would be a stepping stone to move to an ER or Z06, now that dream has ended for most.

GM decided that they were no longer competing with the likes of Ford, Dodge, Jag, Porsche (lower end models) and now they want to compete at the exotic level and still say it's a bargain even with the new prices.
The Corvette had a 58% market share at the start of this year compared to Porsche at 18%. You did well getting a 2023 and now your car is worth even more!

Reactions: Neils
My heart goes out to all wanting this beautiful automobile. I picked up my 23 HTC May 29th and just love it. Just can’t stop looking at it. Oh and driving it of course.
I guess for those of us that don’t need to finance. The price increase should not matter. Your 2024 is worth more right off the bat. It’s all in prospective.
It’s just sad for those that work hard to afford their dream car. They were be able to afford the monthly payments based on 2023 pricing. But now with the $12,000 hike, interest rate hikes over the last year and luxury tax when most 24’s will be over the $100,000 when adding options. It make it hard to justify. Payment now going up $25 a month per every $1,000 increase.

Here's my E-Ray calcs so you are taxed 20% on the difference above the 100k mark and on top of that the amount of lux tax is taxed again with HST!!!!

View attachment 113007
Hey Cam, I am sorry to ask but I can't find any links or documents for the new pricing. Where did you get yours from? I have one "Speced" and wanted to see where I am landing...

Hey Cam, I am sorry to ask but I can't find any links or documents for the new pricing. Where did you get yours from? I have one "Speced" and wanted to see where I am landing...
Your dealer has all prices

Canadian 2024 Corvette prices not including $2300 shipping.

2024 Stingray Coupe
1LT MSRP $87,699
2LT MSRP $97,399
3LT MSRP $103,299

2024 Stingray Convertible
1LT MSRP $96,699
2LT MSRP $106,399
3LT MSRP $112,299

2024 E-Ray Coupe
1LZ MSRP $138,799
2LZ MSRP $146,299
3LZ MSRP $153,799

2024 E-Ray Convertible
1LZ MSRP $147,799
2LZ MSRP $155,299
3LZ MSRP $162,799

2024 Z06 Coupe
1LZ MSRP $146,299
2LZ MSRP $157,799
3LZ MSRP $163,799

2024 Z06 Convertible
1LZ MSRP $155,299
2LZ MSRP $166,799
3LZ MSRP $172,799

The ZER package is $575 Minesh. The rest of the pricing is from the Stingray prices.

Ah ok. I see....Thank you.
We should have the option pricing soon. The big question was the base price of the car which I sent out this week. Just calculate the 20% luxury tax on the value of the car over 100K as Cam did. I do have all of the US E-Ray option prices for 2024 if you have a question in the meantime.

We should have the option pricing soon. The big question was the base price of the car which I sent out this week. Just calculate the 20% luxury tax on the value of the car over 100K as Cam did. I do have all of the US E-Ray option prices for 2024 if you have a question in the meantime.
Some option pricing on a build I did on dealers workbench Tuesday:
Riptide Blue $995
GT2 Seats $2105
Z51 $7495
Lift $3180
MSRC $2180
Painted Calipers $810
Black Exhaust Tips $455
Dark Stealh Emblem $175
Composite Rockers $740
Splash Guards $270

Wow! My build with taxes will be $225000 approx. I have a 24 Manual Dark Horse on Order too. That is $102K Canadian. (If I get it at MSRP.....fat chance).

The issue is do I keep the 23' C8 and the 24 'DH or Get an ERAY. It works out to almost the same money now. Speed is good, but I am getting older and am appreciating the visceral experiences now.

I also think the resale value of the Mustang will be solid. I am not 100% sold on the eray resale yet. Z06 for sure will be solid.

Wow! My build with taxes will be $225000 approx. I have a 24 Manual Dark Horse on Order too. That is $102K Canadian. (If I get it at MSRP.....fat chance).

The issue is do I keep the 23' C8 and the 24 'DH or Get an ERAY. It works out to almost the same money now. Speed is good, but I am getting older and am appreciating the visceral experiences now.

I also think the resale value of the Mustang will be solid. I am not 100% sold on the eray resale yet. Z06 for sure will be solid.
E-Ray and Z06 will do well. Both highly desirable

Reactions: KTJF
E ray last night at Corvettes on Woodward.

Attachments

• 20230816_164203.jpg
    20230816_164203.jpg
    2.3 MB · Views: 11
  • 20230816_164144.jpg
    20230816_164144.jpg
    2.7 MB · Views: 11
  • 20230816_164142.jpg
    20230816_164142.jpg
    2.7 MB · Views: 11
Reactions: CamsC8
Wow! My order sitting at 3000 status and expected an increase for the 2024 model to be approx $2000-$2500 based on the USA increases. I wanted a 2023 for the 70th Anniversary, but when my allocation cane up, it was for a 2024. The increase is now just under $12,000 plus the taxes!!!! What do I do now? Do I get my $2500 deposit back if I bail on it? Deposit has been down it it for almost 2 full years!
Makes me sick to my stomach seeing these increases.

Wow! My order sitting at 3000 status and expected an increase for the 2024 model to be approx $2000-$2500 based on the USA increases. I wanted a 2023 for the 70th Anniversary, but when my allocation cane up, it was for a 2024. The increase is now just under $12,000 plus the taxes!!!! What do I do now? Do I get my $2500 deposit back if I bail on it? Deposit has been down it it for almost 2 full years!
most likely you will lose your deposit if you refuse to accept delivery of your car but call your dealer and ask

Your deposit should be refundable since you didn't "sign on" or agree to this unexpectedly ridiculous price increase, nor give the dealership/GM a "blank cheque" to charge whatever they wanted for the vehicle. Go back to the dealership to see what they say. If you don't get a refund, I'd suggest contacting GM's area manager for your location, to hash this out. This is the largest Canadian Corvette price increase in history, as far as I know, so it would be completely unfair to suggest you're stuck with it. I expect there will be more people in your same boat. Finally, consult a lawyer if you're told you'll lose your deposit. I can't imagine a Court siding with the dealership: you're waiting all this time, put a deposit down in good faith, unable to get a 2023 due to reduced Canadian Corvette allocations (GM's decision), and now to add insult to injury, you're hit with a HUGE price increase because you were forced into the 2024 MY (and deprived of the 2023 AE model, only available in 2023, to top it all off)...

Let us know how you make out and good luck!

Reactions: rs2.bull
Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 100 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.